To Garden, our new member

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
Garden wrote:
Hello all. This has been a rough Christmas for me. I have breast cancer and was sick from the chemo treatment Christmas eve. Oh well, there are folks out there that are worse off then I am. I'm just grateful I am getting the treatments. It is a lonely, rough journey though. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. I would appreciate prayers. Thank you.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Garden)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I'm sorry to hear about your disease. I was unable to reply to you because of where you put your post. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. It's a hard blow to find out you have cancer. Did you recently find out? I spent chrstmas evening in the ER with a lady who was diagnosed with lung cancer. She went in because she was short of breath. You could see it knocked her over like a ton of bricks. She looked at me and said, "I'm not gonna cry." I held her hand and she cried anyway. It's ok to go through those feelings. It's ok to feel loss, to scream, to cry, to be angry and to be scared. Give yourself permission to feel that. Now is not the time to be stoic. Now is the time for you to think about yourself and take good care of you. Get rid of stress in your life and seek out all the support you can because as you said, it is a lonely rough journey.

I can only imagine your loneliness. You know when people find out about another person having an illness, a lot of times don't know what to say.....so they stay away or they act/pretend it's not there.
I hope this is not your case. You will find lots of caring and support here. I wish my computer was working so we could have kept in touch had you wanted.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Garden))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) you are in my prayers.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Guess I need all the prayers and smiles I can get. I'll try to get my chin up off the floor.

Wow, lung cancer is much worse then what I have. I'm just so grateful for the chemo treatments even though they make you so sick.

Latest posts

Back