To Someone On This Forum. Please Read.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Retrospective81

I'm sorry I out you through so much pain and pressure on Sunday

I'm sorry I cant accept the person you are at the moment.

I'm sorry I expected so much out of you

I'm sorry I used to go around in circles with you.

I'm sorry I confused you.

I'm sorry I had to cut it off/end it the way did because I don't know how I feel anymore. It may have seemed like anger, but it was more, sadness and hurt.

You are a good person in your own way

I'm sorry I cant deal with it anymore because I still want to o back to the past.

I'm sorry I am selfish maybe sometimes been manipulative on my own ends.

I'm sorry I was not patient.

I'm sorry I failed you. No hard feelings hopefully :\

Hey man I tried to send you a PM to let you know I understood exactly what you were saying, in your other thread.
fresia everyone. I am right there with you, with your frustration. I wish I could tell you all I have been through myself, but it would take to long. Man we live in a screwed up world, and the people are even more screwed up.

I was born in the 60"s and it was a different world then, it's even worse for me because of that. My whole family is dead, and have no relatives. And nobody on the entire freaking planet really give a ****. Sure they will say I'm sorry to hear that, but do you think they will spend 1/2 hr. with me over a cup of coffee ?

So I want to thank you, for your rant. You said what I wanted to, but knew they would close the thread like they did. Anytime you want to talk, I got the time for you.

I'm Daniel send me a PM

Hi retrospective81, I have just read your other closed thread as well and want you to know that in a lot of ways I agree with what you said in it. Yes, the world is screwed up and is doing down the plughole fast. Things are getting worse all the time.
Like you, I wish we didn't have the monarchy. All of this fuss over the latest royal baby in the newspapers when thousands of other babies in the UK are being born into poverty turns my stomach.
I also swear at God at times-I still believe in Him and He is a vital part of my life, but I get so angry with Him at times.
I am female but am not a feminist. Feminism has served to put a load of extra pressure on women because we are still supposed to look good, to have a perfect home, to be endlessly kind and always knowing how to handle people, while having a top level career at the same time.
To alienated-you and I have much in common. Yes, the sixties were better in so many ways. There was a real spirit of optimism then. We thought back then that the world would get better and better., but instead it has fallen to pieces.
Like you, I have no family either-being so alone in the world is like a curse. The only people who really understand it are those in our position.

Tiina63 said:
All of this fuss over the latest royal baby in the newspapers when thousands of other babies in the UK are being born into poverty turns my stomach.

At multiple times yesterday I tried to watch the news to see some actual news and all I got was a live feed from the scene about this royal-*******-baby. I think it might be time for me to stop paying my TV license.

Retro, I told you there was plenty of us out there mate, I hope this thread goes some way towards making you feel less isolated. Check your PMs.

Tiina63 said:
Hi retrospective81, I have just read your other closed thread as well and want you to know that in a lot of ways I agree with what you said in it. Yes, the world is screwed up and is doing down the plughole fast. Things are getting worse all the time.
Like you, I wish we didn't have the monarchy. All of this fuss over the latest royal baby in the newspapers when thousands of other babies in the UK are being born into poverty turns my stomach.
I also swear at God at times-I still believe in Him and He is a vital part of my life, but I get so angry with Him at times.
I am female but am not a feminist. Feminism has served to put a load of extra pressure on women because we are still supposed to look good, to have a perfect home, to be endlessly kind and always knowing how to handle people, while having a top level career at the same time.
To alienated-you and I have much in common. Yes, the sixties were better in so many ways. There was a real spirit of optimism then. We thought back then that the world would get better and better., but instead it has fallen to pieces.
Like you, I have no family either-being so alone in the world is like a curse. The only people who really understand it are those in our position.

I don't either like or dislike the royal family.

But if we suddenly didn't have a monarchy tomorrow how would your life be better ?

HI and thanks for the replies everyone. I do feel less isolated knowin there are people who feel the same as I do.

Tiina63 said:

I believe in God also and can be equally as angry and frustrated as you. I agree with everything you said regarding the monarchy when thousands of babies are born into poverty. Where is the justice in that I say? I've no one here apart from my mum and bro and have at the moment, a zero social life.

I used to do the pubs but pubs these days have become equally as judgemental as the other outside places. No loner a place where you can go to be who you are for a ci and a drink. Pubs are just like conformist cults with people who think they are holier than thou or better than you and will sit and watch you when you go to the bar instead of keeping to themselves. I never used to notice this before the Smoking ban.

The smoking ban ahs brought into them more judgemental people and out went the people I liked who liked to have a drink and smoke// They stay at home now like I. All the best people gone...

Actually, and not to deviate this from your topic at hand or to enrage you, but smoking bans are reasonable. Non-smokers don't need to breathe in second hand smoke or your choice.

I have been to a lot of music concerts where I have been subjected to cigarette and weed smoke. I paid to hear and see the band, not to wheeze through smoke filled lungs. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and it makes me cough, and many times gives me a sore throat. I don't feel it's unreasonable that, if you are a smoker, to either smoke at home, or to smoke in designated sections where it is appropriate and you are around other people who want to breathe that honeysuckle in. I don't, and I don't appreciate it.

Off my soapbox now. But seriously, it's not something someone did because of social problems. It's unhealthy, and if you want to smoke, fine. Just don't make me or another non-smoker breathe it in.

Not a personal attack, but just my personal view.

just to chime in on the off-topic ;p
but smoking bans are reasonable. Non-smokers don't need to breathe in second hand smoke or your choice.
I would say: to a certain degree.
if we are talking about inside venues, anything with a roof over your head and/or walls around you I will agree should be smoke free.
but where does it stop?
when the bans extend to outdoors, as they are starting to do here in Canada, parks and sidewalks and public areas.. then it just gets ridiculous.
so some people don't like the smell?... you cant say that in the open air it is harmful to anyone's health or those with allergies are forced to inhale it, besides the one that smokes.
for instance, I don't like the smell of a lot of after shave and men's cologne, but I don't expect them to ban it from public use. and I would maintain that some of them are just as bad for peoples health and those with allergies to certain chemicals due to the amount of alcohol vapors and synthetic fragrances.

to me, I think it's kinda like the peanut bans. one kid in a school of 1,000 has a peanut allergy and so they ban everyone from having peanut butter sandwiches instead of teach the one kid to avoid them or take preventative medication.
in fact, at my kids school, there isn't anyone that actually has a nut allergy but they still ban it completely from school grounds because it is now school board policy.
:rolleyes:

Walley said:
to me, I think it's kinda like the peanut bans. one kid in a school of 1,000 has a peanut allergy and so they ban everyone from having peanut butter sandwiches instead of teach the one kid to avoid them or take preventative medication.
in fact, at my kids school, there isn't anyone that actually has a nut allergy but they still ban it completely from school grounds because it is now school board policy.

Seriously?!

Poor peanut fans. :(
Peanuts are so innocent.

There is a phantastic book "May contain nuts". I forgot the author's name. You really should try to get it. It's completely nuts.

Walley said:
I would say: to a certain degree.
if we are talking about inside venues, anything with a roof over your head and/or walls around you I will agree should be smoke free.
but where does it stop?
when the bans extend to outdoors, as they are starting to do here in Canada, parks and sidewalks and public areas.. then it just gets ridiculous.
so some people don't like the smell?... you cant say that in the open air it is harmful to anyone's health or those with allergies are forced to inhale it, besides the one that smokes.
for instance, I don't like the smell of a lot of after shave and men's cologne, but I don't expect them to ban it from public use. and I would maintain that some of them are just as bad for peoples health and those with allergies to certain chemicals due to the amount of alcohol vapors and synthetic fragrances.

Should little children die of lung cancer, because you don't have the time to walk somewhere away from people and light up? Give me a break.

When the majority of people out at these events are non-smokers, we don't need to breathe in your bad decision.

And peanuts don't cause cancer. Cigarettes have been proven 4 out of 5 times, to cause lung cancer.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Actually, and not to deviate this from your topic at hand or to enrage you, but smoking bans are reasonable. Non-smokers don't need to breathe in second hand smoke or your choice.

I have been to a lot of music concerts where I have been subjected to cigarette and weed smoke. I paid to hear and see the band, not to wheeze through smoke filled lungs. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and it makes me cough, and many times gives me a sore throat. I don't feel it's unreasonable that, if you are a smoker, to either smoke at home, or to smoke in designated sections where it is appropriate and you are around other people who want to breathe that honeysuckle in. I don't, and I don't appreciate it.

Off my soapbox now. But seriously, it's not something someone did because of social problems. It's unhealthy, and if you want to smoke, fine. Just don't make me or another non-smoker breathe it in.

Not a personal attack, but just my personal view.

I completely understand where your coming from. I never said the smoking ban in 'it's entirety' was bad Its good to have smoke free shops, transport, events/music concerts and places for kids to be such as a family restaurant etc I wont ever dispute that Id NEVER smoke in front of children. I guess I just wanted there to be a 'smoking pubs' and 'non smoking pubs' You and I here would/should have a choice. I am only a social smoker anyway and never walk down the street with a lit cigarette or stand outside shops smoking where families are etc.

I think you should have your own non smoking pubs because in the summer here in the UK, non smokers like your good self, like nothing better than to sit outside and soak up the sun and unfortunately since the smokers (myself) have been pushed outside in the first place it makes it impossible and uncomfortable for individuals such as yourself to enjoy yourselves if I am breathing smoke in your personal space. You should have the right to have a smoke free beer garden too.

Thus, the solution is just to have 2 separate sorts of pubs 'smokers pub' and 'non smokers pub'. A solution that would work for me and you.

I am an ex smoker, and think that if a pub or restaurant has two or more inside areas which are well separated and insulated from one another, then one could be a smoking area. Intercity trains could have, as they once did, a smoking carriage, while all of the other carriages are non smoking. Offices and shops could have two staffrooms, one smoking and one non smoking.
This way, both sides are catered for.

Tiina63 said:
I am an ex smoker, and think that if a pub or restaurant has two or more inside areas which are well separated and insulated from one another, then one could be a smoking area. Intercity trains could have, as they once did, a smoking carriage, while all of the other carriages are non smoking. Offices and shops could have two staffrooms, one smoking and one non smoking.

Thank you Tiina, the true words of a libertarian!. I'm so glad Im not alone in this world of every increasing liberal dogma!

Tiina63 said:

I have never smoked but it does seem daft that they banned it from pubs !

+1 for both Tiina and Duff

I've just given up myself but have no problem with it at all. Pubs without smoking just aren't the same, I really don't see why we can't just have dedicated smoking areas.

Latest posts

Back