To the movies! ... By myself...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goemul

Reaction score
So, the one and only movie I went and saw by myself was Frozen, this past New Year's eve day... And I'm very strongly considering going to see Cinderella, this evening, by myself. I'm mildly excitable about it, because of the idea that it might seem socially awkward. The weird thing is, I had none of the same anxiousness when I went to see Frozen, months ago. Hmm.

Goemul said:
So, the one and only movie I went and saw by myself was Frozen, this past New Year's eve day... And I'm very strongly considering going to see Cinderella, this evening, by myself. I'm mildly excitable about it, because of the idea that it might seem socially awkward. The weird thing is, I had none of the same anxiousness when I went to see Frozen, months ago. Hmm.

I have no problem seeing a movie by myself. (though typically I go during the day). Most people assume you are with someone and then, once you are in the movies, it is dark. No one really notices.

PS saw Cinderella.. and liked it. Have courage and be kind. Yes, I actually say that to myself sometimes.

And, bonus - I won't have to share my large extra buttered popcorn. Lmao.

My kid doesn't wanna see Cinderella, but I kinda really do, and its currently at the cheapest theater in town, so, the stars seem to be aligning for it, lol.

Only you can know why it's different seeing Cinderella alone than it is seeing Frozen by yourself.

Actually, the social awkwardness is probably only evident to you, not the others in the theater.

Which doesn't make it any less awkward, I know.......

Have been to the cinema alone many times. I've actually had the entire auditorium to myself a few times, that was kind of cool! Except when there was an issue with the film projector, and I had to go and report it as there was nobody else to do it!

I hope you enjoy the movie!

Given my anxiety, I'm sure the social awkwardness is all in my head, lol.

Well, Cinderella was awesome, but not amazeballs... But was definitely made better by being the only one watching, and having popcorn and soda I didn't have to share, lol.

I've never been to the movies alone and I would do if I ever felt like it. You're right though, it's all in the head. Once you cast those thoughts out, you'd realise that nobody really cares who's around or not and they tend to get so engrossed in their own company that they won't really notice. There might be a handful who do, but who cares about them?

Also, I wanted to add, I absolutely love Frozen. I have to admit, I watched it several times and I was extremely fascinated with Olaf. If I could have an Olaf in my life, that would be awesome!

I go to the movies alone all the time. I have no choice. I don't like it but I am used to it.

I personally prefer to watch movies alone. I like to allow myself to get into the film, in a way where I don't want to be distracted. Also, knowing that I walked into a place with a large number of people without getting freaked out, is a victory for me.

Latest posts

Back