To Tie a Noose ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayri

Reaction score
Me and a friend were having a conversation not too long ago..and the subject of death came up in my head. i am feeling depressed and i told him that it wouldn't be so bad for me to die. i crave the idea of me dying it and i let that thought out. When i said that, he called me selfish and refuses to talk to me..ive said this many times before, what is the problem ? Why would a suicidal person be considered as selfish ?

^ that
n?
he probably got scared/couldnt deal w/it

hey yes n?
that was selfish of him actually
ironic
callng u selfish n then doing sumthng so selfish
:rolleyes:

Hey there Rayri,

Your friend is likely pissed at you because you've indicated that death is preferable to their company. Kind of an insult, don't you think? Maybe I'm being kind of simple when reading your post but my reaction would be very much along those lines.i've lost a couple of friends that way- not cool. I'm not going to insult you by saying I feel YOUR pain and suffering, I can say that I've experienced pain and suffering so I (and many others on this site) have a grasp on despair.

Why would someone consider that selfish? I have gone over this with myself a lot. I sometimes feel like death is dragging me closer and closer to it. I think about my family and friends and wonder if its selfish to leave them in pain when I die. Honestly I don't think so. It is just as selfish for a family member to want me to lead a miserable existence just so they wont be sad when im gone. It goes both ways. I do care for them and honestly if it weren't for my mother. I never want to think of my mother in pain she keeps me alive. Along with other things.

This is a common reaction. Understandable maybe. A lot of people would be shocked hearing this sort of thing. I guess also they find it scary and probably even weird. Its always a hard topic to bring up with people no matter how you do it it always ends in tears. Unfortunately people will see it as manipulative and selfish, though if more people talked about it maybe at least a few less would attempt it.

On the selfish thing its no more or less selfish than wanting someone you love to live in continuous pain just because you need them around and would be heartbroken without them. People are selfish, love is selfish.

annik said:
This is a common reaction. Understandable maybe. A lot of people would be shocked hearing this sort of thing. I guess also they find it scary and probably even weird. Its always a hard topic to bring up with people no matter how you do it it always ends in tears. Unfortunately people will see it as manipulative and selfish, though if more people talked about it maybe at least a few less would attempt it.

On the selfish thing its no more or less selfish than wanting someone you love to live in continuous pain just because you need them around and would be heartbroken without them. People are selfish, love is selfish.
it doesnt have 2b

SophiaGrace said:
because of the pain you cause others with your death

This pretty much sums it up. From what I've seen, this is the most common reaction. Although it doesn't seem like it, it shows they care about you.

Oh okay. Thank you for all of your answers. i apologize if the question seemed a little..um, stupid ? But thank you.

ARGH! The suicide = selfish argument.
I hate when someone kills their self and everyone says they are selfish.
I can see if it was a game of ball and you got mad and stormed out and took the ball with you.
But not with suicide! It's as if that person who was in pain was only alive to be everyone else's toy.

Did the person who was in pain ask to be born in the first place? No, it was the parents who were selfish and wanted the kid.

Did the person who was in pain ask to be picked on/abused/exiled? No, it was the other people who were selfish thinking they could do whatever they wanted to that person.

If people care about you enough that you are being selfish by taking your life then they would have been there for you the entire time helping you get better instead of just complaining that you died for no reason.

Sorry for the rant but I see it time and time again that someone ends up dying and so many people start saying "why would they do that to their self?" And then people will say that they were just being selfish. That person should have just "man'd up" and put up with the pain so everyone else could be happy.

Sci-Fi said:
SophiaGrace said:
because of the pain you cause others with your death

This pretty much sums it up. From what I've seen, this is the most common reaction. Although it doesn't seem like it, it shows they care about you.

I agree

Latest posts

Back