Today has been a bad day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohemgeebees

Reaction score
Last night was difficult, I felt lonely and I'd let it creep up on me to the point that I was a little teary as I did my normal things about the house.

I woke up feeling better, made a decision to go for a jaunt around town. I felt good...But then I got back in the house. I live with two roommates, we were close but recently I barely speak to them. By no choice of my own. They chat to each other far more than either of them chat to me and I find myself excluded often.

I came in and realised they were both home, I didn't have a hi, how are you. They didn't even glance my way. I understand for some this sounds petty and needy. But I have always been a very paranoid person when it comes to others and with ym mood bordering on depression often nowadays, this is all so much bigger in my head. I'm frightened to say anything because my head tells me I'll be mocked. It's happened before and it''s part of why I so many issues when it comes to people, trusting them etc. I don't even like people touching me to an extent.

I knwo what peole will say, reach out, question, enage, point out the issue to them. But It's far easier to say than do. The fear of putting myself in the firing line is numbing sometimes,

Don't take this the wrong way but have you ever said hi to them when you come home or they do? Are these other women you live with?

I have yeh. I won't take it the wrong way I promise :p. I try and strike up convo's with them I offer them tea and food and anythng I can thing that might get a response. Most I ever get it thanks or yeh. I've not seen either of them today and yet we live together.

And it's not even these two roommates it's inevery aspect. I just keep getting this feeling of...being nothing more than a persn you might say hi to on the street.

I used to have a wide circle and be confident and outgoing, but in the last few years I can see myself literally confined to myself and I can't figure out why.

I am the same way. I stay to myself. I don't really want to, but I got tired of being used and then forgotten about. I do sometimes go out on a whim and try to befriend people, but usually my insecurities ruin whatever friendship was there. I would let your situation play out some and if they are still acting this way, I would then have to say something about it.

Are they busy and they don't respond much to you? Or are they just lazing about?

Ask them about their day, how they're doing, that usually gets the ball rolling. Since your all roommates, they should be comfortable around you and open, so should you.

It could be they sense something is going on and just don't know how to deal. That's what I've learned over the years, if people can't relate to how you feel or been there themselves they don't know what to do, or how to handle the situation. Normal reaction is to just ignore it an hope it goes away on it's own.

You live with these people, do you think you would be able to sit down and talk with one of them without judgement? Putting aside all your fears and trust issues.

Latest posts

Back