Today it occured to me...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm said:
I gave an honest opinion, my comment to this text. Not meant to be demeaning at all, just advice. How exactly did I belittle anyone??? What is your problem, really? Just... graaaah, facepalm. How can one feel anything at all towards complete stranger? *hug*

What should I have done, gave you just a *hug*? When you need just a *hug*, say it.

Knight in Shining Armor Syndrome

First of all, it was wrong of me to speak of you the way I did. I'm usually far more tactful than that, and I apologize.

The root of my issue with your response to my thread can be found in your use of the term "mkay." It implies a tone of condescension that I did not appreciate. That, coupled with the phrase "honeysuckle happens," is what set me off.

I understand what you were trying to say; it was the way you said it that ruffled my feathers. But that's no excuse for my hurtful response, so again, my apologies.

Calm said:
Spare said:
Calm said:
Ok, I don't know what exactly was it between you two. On what level was your relationship.

But some terms come to my mind:

Aircastles,
Shining Knight Syndrome.

I know afterwards advice is pointless but why say such thing that you could switch places with her if you could not do that? That is Shining Kinght Syndrome right there. And you might have made it feel worse for her, you simply overreacted. You felt pity for her. And why would you want to switch places with her? Do you feel any happier now?

That said, honeysuckle happens, mkay? People break up, they move on and find new one.

I was having a bad day and I needed to vent a little. Obviously, that means I deserve to be condescended to. Thank goodness you were here to accommodate!

The more people like you I encounter, the less I understand them. It simply boggles my mind how ANYONE can believe that belittling a COMPLETE STRANGER is an appropriate thing to do.

Good grief.

And what's with the "word" 'mkay?' Is there a snottier thing to say to someone?

I gave an honest opinion, my comment to this text. Not meant to be demeaning at all, just advice. How exactly did I belittle anyone??? What is your problem, really? Just... graaaah, facepalm. How can one feel anything at all towards complete stranger? *hug*

What should I have done, gave you just a *hug*? When you need just a *hug*, say it.

Knight in Shining Armor Syndrome

There is an "honest" way to express your opinion without being a jerk. You know, some situations don't always call for your "honest opinion".

We all know that "honeysuckle happens". Be a little more considerate and compassionate to those trying to reach out.

Exactly...you can state your opinion, without being obnoxious about it.

Wait...haven't you and I had this conversation before, Calm? o_O

Ok, I apalogoize for misunderstandings and harsh words I gave or made happen.

The term "honeysuckle happens" is not a bad word in my culture, just reality. At least thats how I have thought about it all the time o_O

That "mkay" thing is just beyond my mind. It would be demeaning if I called you a ***mod edit***, but I did not, and I am not going to, because I don't think about you like so. In fact, I don't think of anyone in this forum like so, because I simply do not know you.

I would much rather this thread not devolve any further then it has, so how about we just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Thanks!

Danielle said:
(((spare))) Things are getting better, and you don't even know it. everyday that passes is one day more that you regain your strength and you learn to smile again.

You are such an awesome person... so welcoming and easy to talk to... not to mention....handsome! :D thank you for being my friend Spare... I'm glad you feel comfortable enough with us here to share your thoughts and feelings..keep writing it all out.

Thank YOU for being MY friend, Danielle. You're truly one of a kind! :)

Don't be surprised to see me and my cats knocking at your door one day! :)

You're always welcome, but your cats will have to duke it out with my landlady. :p

I know when you told the story you where in a bad place, but it really made me smile. I fix things, but you fixed a person. Hats of to you.

I would be sad for my loss, but proud of what I accomplished.

Best of luck to you!

Spare said:
You're always welcome, but your cats will have to duke it out with my landlady.

I am betting on the cats.

Boxing_Cat.jpg

Spare, i missed this when you first wrote it - but...
everything you wrote shows just how cool you are.

i hope things will be better for you soon.

wow... that was very touching.

...but why wouldn't you believe that you're assuming her position? i mean, you asked for it didn't you? wishes do come true you know. do you know what all religions have in common? belief. they all believe in something. you believed in your heart with "absolute conviction" that if it were possible, you would trade places with her. well, now you have it.

i don't see why you wouldn't believe in this being the case. i don't mean to sound like i'm bashing you here. on the contrary, what you did was a good thing. you cared for her so much that you would have done anything to see her happy, am i right? well now she's happy. i would do the same thing for someone i loved any day.

"greater love has no one than this, than to lay down his life for his friends".

Latest posts

Back