Touched by a professional...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyesonly

Reaction score
I remember a while ago there was this one stylist where I get my hair cut that would do a really, really good job of washing my hair before she cut it. She would take her time, get the water temperature just right, and apply just the right amount of pressure when she washed my hair. Then she would massage my scalp for a minute after she was done with the washing. I remember the waves of relaxation and, yeah, pleasure that would wash over me as she rubbed my temples. It was really great to feel someone's hands on me in that sort of semi-intimate way, as that's something I haven't had in my life for some time.

Anyone have an experience like that with a paid person (not a "sex worker" or something), such as a hair stylist, masseuse, etc. who is the opposite sex (or the same sex if that's your orientation)? I don't think that stylist still works at the place anymore, since I haven't seen her the last several times I've gotten my hair cut there. I think she cut my hair about three or four times, though, and it was really...nice.

Oh man are you kidding? I *always* get the hair wash after. I don't walk out of there with anything less than a half stack when I do.

I don't know where you are, but there is a chain in my area (New Jersey) called Sportsclips that offers a scalp and shoulder massage for and extra $5 or something like that - and it is awesome.

Yeah, this happened several times. Mostly with female stylists. It's kind of disturbing when you get those scalp massages that are so relaxing from a guy tough... But even then, I don't complain. It's pretty nice.

At the Supercuts I went to so many stylists turn over apparently , there's no way to tell who's really going to be very good

A book I read not too long ago told the story of a woman (this was a true story, not fictional) who was really lonely, unable to find a relationship, etc. One of the suggestions the guy who wrote the book (which wasn't specifically about loneliness) had for her was to get massages from time to time to at least feel the physical human contact you get from them. I thought that was interesting. I mean, I had heard of lots of other reasons that people get massages - relaxation, physical therapy, hoping for a "happy ending" (haha!), etc. But I hadn't really heard of people getting one just to feel the sustained touch of another person when they're lonely. It guess it seems kind of obvious when I think about it now, though. Too bad money's kind of tight for me right now :cool:.

I think about half of my massage clients are there just so they can get some human contact. I always recommend massage to people who are lonely. We're like bartenders, but minus booze and plus touching.

Getting a massage from an attractive male massage therapist can feel like sex. I had that before and I walked out of there feeling like I was drunk.

This service is starting to sound more and more appealing :p. I guess it could potentially have other benefits for me as well, as I definitely tend to be on the shy side (would I be "lonely" if I weren't?). Even though, as I said, I really enjoyed the brief little scalp massage I got from the hair stylist, loosening up enough to have a stranger touch me all over when I'm wearing very little or no clothing would involve pushing my boundaries a little bit. It's not that I think I look "bad" or anything, but it's just not something I've done before. So not only would I get the physical contact aspect, but it also might help me to face and deal with some shyness/nervousness issues. I don't know, we'll see...could be something to look into.

Where would the fun in that be, though? :D

No, that's interesting, actually, the idea of getting a massage fully clothed. That hadn't occurred to me before. I think I would probably want to go for some "skin on skin," though.

You might want to go for that, but you said it would make you uncomfortable. As long as you know you'd be uncomfortable, you probably wouldn't do it at all. Yes, a massage with your clothing on can still be good stuff. I think after a couple of times, you'd probably stop feeling so weird about it. Honestly, most people are a little self conscious about massage until they stop over-thinking them and just enjoy.

Latest posts

Back