Traits of your dream girl or boy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akira

Reaction score
(I know this must be a sort of girlish thing to ask but)
What do you look for in a partner?
If you could “make” him/her, how would he/she be; looks, personality, goals, ambitions etc?

Or if you already have a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend, what is it that you like about him/her? Would you change anything if it were possible?

Are there any sides of yourself that you know others (or your partner is) are bothered by? And do you plan to change them?

hummm... well... looks are not important for me.... inner beauty rather, serious, but slightly cute at times. Kind and most importantly loyal. I am greatly bothered by infidelity...I mean if you don't like me, why don't you tell me in the face, rather then sleep with other men outside.

I'm not really sure what your asking but I''ll try to express myself as best I can.

As far as outter appearance. I'm belive it's my triats more than anything else of
why I'm attracted to certain type of women. It's probably combined with what the
media putted into my head of what i percieved as the perfect woman.

Anyway, almost all of the partners I've been involved with has these outter apprearance/triats.
Long Blonde hair. I sometimes wear long hair...so her hair most of the time is longer than mind.lol
Hazzel eyes or blue eyes..when I tick her off...They trun evil green. It turns me on even more.lol
B-C breats size....i was breast fed as a child and never out grew it.lmao
5'-5'7"
110 lb-135lb depending on her hieght. She's not super skinny. A woman should give me something to hold on to.lol
There's a certain walk...I can't really explain it. It's not like a model doing a cat walk.
Soft voice...medium size lips.
Her nails aren't super long. i don't like woman with long long nails...it hurts when she scratch me.lol
She dosn't really wear alot of make up. And her perfume is soft.
I'm bascailly a gonner or will be head over heel ..if she happens to be wearing boots.lol
I want to say..yeah, i shouldn't be so **** shallow..but that's my track record.
Well..I did make progress. The last person I fell madly in love with was a brunett...people change.lol
Maybe not...She dye her hair blonde onetime. She looked
exactly just like my ex-wife. I fell out of my **** chair
when i saw her like that.lol

I'm not really sure if I'm attracted to these type of traits on a subconciouse level.
I don't think I seek out these triats conciousely..but just so happens.
Her occupation...stange as it maybe, 90% of the women I've been with are nurses or
in a field of helping people.
I'm not sure why or by chance..everyone of them are walking dictionaries. Bascailly
they're all more intelletual than me or more left brain.
Most are very goal orianted, in other word she's stubborn or head stronge.
Bascailly, she's not going to kiss my ass all the time and will stand up to me if i get out of line.lol

I'm not really sure of what the many traits I'd like to change about anyone. My belief is or the way that I am ..If I choose to love
someone. I love them for who they are and not what I what them to be. You know..just like that song. "Don't go changing".
I'm pretty sure there's some wierd traits that I have the might drive certain people crazy.
There's little things that certain women do that drives me up the walls.
I hate walking on cold coat hangers in the morning...it makes me cringe but i lived with
a person that did that all the time....it was wierd.

The one trait i would have loved to change with my ex-gf that i was envolved with
for the longest time ..is Alcoholism. It bascailly destroyed anything and everything
we had. I fought it for many years and it droved me nucken futz.

i just want a girl that is nice with a strong personality
and dont try force here believes or idea's on others , and share
dont care for look or color or whatever just to accept me for whome i am. and be honest

Hmm, I'll bite.

Short average stature. Not skinny... but close... what I'll call "soft". Shorter (chin-length) brown or dark brown hair. Pale complexion with a red nose. Green eyes. Ok, that's the physical bit.

I love a hopeless romantic. Caring and generous. Intelligent but not arrogant about it. Funny. Open. Confident. Active and experimental. Worldly.

I want a woman that can be independent, and is happy to be independent, but also WANTS to be with me.

Hm... I'll give it a shot. I've heard I'm too picky, but hey, I'm describing my dream girl!

Physical: She's attractive, with long, lean muscles and hair that is a deep, deep black. She has a slightly angular face, large eyes, narrow shoulders, and slim waist. She's anywhere from 5'3" to 5' 11", thin (but not too thin), and extremely strong. She's probably asian. (It wasn't until I was in college that I even realized that it was okay for asian men to date non-asian women...and I guess by then, I had already been brainwashed :p). She has a soft sounding voice and a bright laugh. She's athletic and loves rock climbing, swimming, running, and martial arts. She enjoys meditating and doing yoga.

Personality: She's intelligent, but not an intellectual. She's sociable, but doesn't have to be and doesn't look down loners. She loves the outdoors and animals. She has a few interests that she loves and has a deep understanding of. She enjoys reading. She's creative. She can be impulsive and a little wild... she might wake me up in the middle of the night to go for a run, or surprise me with unexpected plans. She's mature enough to let me take her out and pay for her most of the time without thinking I'm disrespecting her independence. She enjoys being with me and doesn't flirt with other guys once we start dating, but doesn't treat them awkwardly either. She's mature enough to not get jealous if I talk to other girls. She's rarely indecisive. She has goals but is flexible and doesn't tie her self-confidence to meeting them. She's not a complex person - her primary ambition is to have a happy, contented, peaceful, meaningful life. She has a simple, honest self-awareness- she doesn't confuse herself but she but doesn't over-philosophize either. She's optimistic and laughs often. She's compassionate, but not an idealist. She likes going out to nice restaurants, but also doesn't mind staying home sometimes.

Lol... I think I just described a female version of myself, only more sociable, likable, and self-confident.

As for traits about myself that other people have been bothered by... I've been told before that I can seem overly intense, cold, distant, intimidating, or unapproachable. In my last relationship, my girlfriend complained that I was too active. "Not everyone wants to get up and do three different sports before noon!" she would yell at me... and then go back to sleep. She was exaggerating, of course...three different sports before dinner, possibly. :D

Compassionate
Understanding
Emapthic
Responsible
Trustworthy
Eclectic
My best friend
Wise
Spiritual, not religious
Silly
Serious
Independant- he doesn't have to have me around all the time
Romantic
Humble
Has dreams and goals of his own
Giving
Passionate about people, life, justice and the underdog
Good in bed :p
Confident

Over 5.8 ft
Under 180 lbm

Over average appearance but smile carrier

Thoughtful
Intelligent
Modest
Wits (sense of humor)
Outdoor lover
Smile carrier
I don’t need to be there all the time ( but mostly share lots of time because we do want to)
There for me when I need (we do not sacrifice but there for each others when we need)
Trusts and supports
Shouldn’t finish life before me
A little bit crazy like me (sudden suggest to trip for months could makes to quit a job)
Respect me and respectable
Warm heart and strong heart
Responsible
Realistic
Honest
Easy going
Similar tastes picky
Adaptable
Could read books quietly hrs
Could have chat hrs
Cheesy sometimes
Make me slave in bed
Who accepts me as who I am
A walking with holding hands when we reach the silver age.
Let me hear when I pass away “thank you for being together with me and I love you”

* Hahaha

If there was ever such a creature, he would have to be the following;

Adventurous
Atheletic
Sponteanous
Thrill Seeking
Loving
Caring
Compassionate
Passionate not only about me, but all people
Must Love Old Grave Yards.... This is really a must, I Love to ghost hunt!

this was a really good answer!!
thanks for sharing ^_^

Ithought said:
Over 5.8 ft
Under 180 lbm

Over average appearance but smile carrier

Thoughtful
Intelligent
Modest
Wits (sense of humor)
Outdoor lover
Smile carrier
I don’t need to be there all the time ( but mostly share lots of time because we do want to)
There for me when I need (we do not sacrifice but there for each others when we need)
Trusts and supports
Shouldn’t finish life before me
A little bit crazy like me (sudden suggest to trip for months could makes to quit a job)
Respect me and respectable
Warm heart and strong heart
Responsible
Realistic
Honest
Easy going
Similar tastes picky
Adaptable
Could read books quietly hrs
Could have chat hrs
Cheesy sometimes
Make me slave in bed
Who accepts me as who I am
A walking with holding hands when we reach the silver age.
Let me hear when I pass away “thank you for being together with me and I love you”

* Hahaha

Well, I really can't afford to be picky but, since it's a dream girl, I'll give it a shot.

Personallity:
Sensitive to others' psychology. Accepting of her own flaws. Peaceful but honest.

Appearence:
I hate to admit this, but ginger girls do it for me. Pale skin, freckles, the lot. Dunno why.

In bed:
I like women who are sexually submissive, by which I mean they can tell me what they want me to do, lie back and let me play. I don't really like having things done to me, if you know what I mean.

In reality, though, my usual type is visually challenged and desperate!:D

Shane said:
... she might wake me up in the middle of the night to go for a run, or surprise me with unexpected plans.
As for traits about myself that other people have been bothered by... I've been told before that I can seem overly intense, cold, distant, intimidating, or unapproachable. In my last relationship, my girlfriend complained that I was too active. "Not everyone wants to get up and do three different sports before noon!" she would yell at me... and then go back to sleep. She was exaggerating, of course...three different sports before dinner, possibly. :D

I love the way you describe almost every single aspect of her. You really sound like a great guy. I especially like the part of waking up in the middle of the night to go for a run, in my case it would be a walk :p I tried that with my boyfriend once... he thought I was nuts.... :p so I guess not everyone understands why it's so nice.

Nyktimos said:
Well, I really can't afford to be picky but, since it's a dream girl, I'll give it a shot.

Personallity:
Sensitive to others' psychology. Accepting of her own flaws. Peaceful but honest.

Appearence:
I hate to admit this, but ginger girls do it for me. Pale skin, freckles, the lot. Dunno why.

In bed:
I like women who are sexually submissive, by which I mean they can tell me what they want me to do, lie back and let me play. I don't really like having things done to me, if you know what I mean.

In reality, though, my usual type is visually challenged and desperate!:D

I'm sure this girl exists ;) at least I have met a few of them (from the appearance and personality description). I hope you find her :)

He's everything I ever wanted in someone. I was literally lost without him. But, despite him being an *******, I love him anyway. I have to take the good with the bad.

1) She's intelligent, and intellectually curious about the world.
2) Shares a similar outlook on life as me; similar interests in music, literature, and art (all classical xD).
3) Yeah, brunettes and ginger girls for the win. There's something about cold, porcelain skin...
4) She doesn't have a bunch of guy friends, her excuse being "girls are boring." I'm tired of dating girls who hang only around men so that they can feel some sort of validation.
5) She likes Fantasy. I'm a Fantasy writer at heart, so I'd like it if she was into it as well. :3
6) She's mature, and realistic about the world; but she doesn't mind getting low, down and nerdy with me either. :3
7) She can appreciate the fact that I'll probably go out of my way to make her feel appreciated. (I'm the 'starved lover' type, so I can be a bit clingy).
8) She has the patience and kindness to deal with my trust issues. (Been cheated on five times, I'm sure she will understand...)
9) She has a sex drive, and isn't shy about it (for me), yet doesn't go around flirting with everything that has a penis just so she can feel validated.
10) She's an atheist (see number 1).
11) In addition to the porcelain skin, I kind of have a thing for short girls. (I'm six foot five inches tall, so this might be a bit odd). Five feet two inches and under is just splendid >.>
12) She's a sunrise girl... See, I'm a "sunrise boy" ... always looking forward, always dreaming big, discontent with a simple life and very unsatisfied with what little knowledge I have. Every girl I've dated has been a sunset girl. Always concerned about the now, never looking forward, content with a simple life with simple people, but happy...
13) In bed? I'm not sure. I'm big on closeness... that slow, heavy, closer-than-anyone's-been-before-and-ever-shall-be-again type of loving. I'm not into specifics really. Unless she askes me... (as it's for my lover to know and my lover alone :3)

I know. She doesn't exist. Hard to find a girl that won't cheat on me, let alone what constitutes the rest of my list.

The man of my dreams... hmmm

I don't care much for looks. Of course, it's a first impression, but to me, a persons appearance changes when I get to know him. I can talk to a man that is hotter than anything, but he is an *******, then he turns ugly to me...

So what I see, is the eyes.. eyecolour doesn't matter, but the deepness of them can throw me off my feet. Eyes can tell so much about someone, a spark, wisdom, life experience, love..

Well the dream man must love me higher than life itself (I can be very selfish like that) He must wish to do anything for me.

Other traits: loyal, fun, cuddly, honest, impulsive.
Can go for a walk in silence just holding my hand
Can sit at home just holding me, making me feel safe and loved.
Can be adventourus.
Can give me all of himself.
In bed: Yes please, as much as possible! ;)

Bad traits: cheating, aggressive/bad temper, mean to other people/bad mouthing, impatient.

My dream girl died and went heaven. I have fucken abandentment issues hardcore.
Sometimes I still see her face...not when I'm dreaming though.

She was actaully a brunette with blue eyes.
She was actaully taller than me.
She actaully made more money than me.
She wore very little make up becuase she was beautiful
She had a smile that of an angle.
She was gentle, loving and down to earth
She was a kind understand compassionate person
She share the same favorite children book as I
She sang the words to the same songs as I did.
She also had abandent issues of her own..Her father left her as a child.
She reached out to her father and was rejected by her father 1 year before her passing.
She still carried a picture of her father in her wallet
She showed me her dairy...everything about her..all of her hopes and dreams.
Her hopes and dreams where just like mine...
It wasn't about the money, the car, the house, intelligence, vacations or even the sex.
All she ever wanted was someone to love and hold her.

Latest posts

Back