Truly alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
Hey there, everyone. I can't believe I'm actually to this point -- where friendships just don't make sense to me anymore. I just don't know how to be around others, and it's led me down a very isolating path.

People have told me to be more specific about what's bothering me or what exactly happened, but I feel like, if I do, people will just roll their eyes and say, "Aw, man, not THIS again." I don't know how to express myself, except that I am very much alone.

I don't know of my friends are truly my friends, and it's been a crippling fear for a long time. You see, I have a form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome, which is characterized by social difficulty. I've had trouble making friends my whole life, and I can't believe I still have this problem.

Just to know that I'll never be able to mesh with people -- I just can't stand it. And now it's to the point where I can't even communicate about it. Now, no one's going to be able to help me, and I just --

I don't know what to do. I think I'm losing myself. My heart feels damaged beyond repair. I'm afraid I can't heal it back to normal. I'm in a dark corner, and I can't reach out. Even people on this site are tired of me.

I want to ask for help, but I don't know what to say. I can't explain. Can anyone help me anymore? I don't know. I feel like I'm one of the loneliest people in the world and that it's my curse -- like I have to stay this way. I wish I could be important to someone, anyone.

Red914 said:
Hey there, everyone. I can't believe I'm actually to this point -- where friendships just don't make sense to me anymore. I just don't know how to be around others, and it's led me down a very isolating path.
---
Hi Red914 - same as me, I'm isolating myself nowadays, being with others seems so senseless to me, yet I feel quite happy this way, for being lonely/alone...
---
---
I don't know of my friends are truly my friends, and it's been a crippling fear for a long time. You see, I have a form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome, which is characterized by social difficulty. I've had trouble making friends my whole life, and I can't believe I still have this problem.
---
Even people without the syndrome can't detect well enough about which friends who are true or not... it seems that it's an everyone's problem: guessing, expecting/avoiding or even calculating other people's deeds and intentions... things that make me really feel tired of life, too.

we expect friends to be loyal and available, yet we can't always be loyal or available to them all the time. they want us to stick with them and tell that they miss us for sure, but don't they remember that sometimes people also need to be alone and undisturbed?
---
---
I want to ask for help, but I don't know what to say. I can't explain. Can anyone help me anymore? I don't know. I feel like I'm one of the loneliest people in the world and that it's my curse -- like I have to stay this way. I wish I could be important to someone, anyone.
---
well, in fact, no one can help us like a SAR guy rescues a drowning person in a wild river. depending or expecting someone to help us like an angel from the sky, hmm... often so unrealistic. no one will do that for you or me or others... why expecting miracles? being helpless = yes, being lonely. no one seems to understand us, especially if we can't communicate the problem well enough to them... but one question left: is being lonely a real problem for us? to me it seems not... I feel ok for being a loner.

Okay, you're obviously distressed. I know your situation is distressing to you, but you can help yourself think more clearly by calming down, even if it's not by much.

Red914 said:
Even people on this site are tired of me.

I'm going to say that this isn't true, because I hadn't even heard of you until you posted this thread. So I'm not tired of you.

Red914 said:

Articulating emotions can be quite difficult because the English language does not mesh well with emotions (it can be very pedantic).

If it helps, focus on your feelings, and as an experiment, write the first impression (or impressions) you get for those feelings. Doesn't have to be a sentence, just a list of words you feel fit the emotion.

We live in a very individualistic society/culture. It is hard to imagine that there are people out there that grew up any other way.

But in fact, many people have a different perspective on individual growth, they are more supportive and grow in communities. You might call them communists... just because they are different from us. they have very different perspectives and values. What we see as weakness, they find it brave or whatever... its really weird sometimes, you might even think they are brainwashed... but then again, aren't we all a little brain washed?

Dude, the world is a big place. If you are not happy about who are because of the people that surround you - you have to be the one that does something about it. move somewhere or talk to people from another country or something...

I give this advice from personal experience. And I hope that you will find your way brother.

Do you like stand up comedies?

Latest posts

Back