Turned 30 today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuro

Reaction score
I turned 30 today and I'm I'm not so bothered, but what is worrying me is that I haven't really achieved anything. Some might say I have I. Terms of my mental health (l suffer from psychosis, with typical symptoms). Basically for staying alive. With other things, I just don't think I have.

DtkugOtm.jpg

Happy Birthday,Kuro! :)

Happy Birthday Kuro and may the coming year bring you everything you wish for x

I totally understand. I'm going to turn 30 this year and I feel much the same way - anxious because I feel like I haven't accomplished much and I worry that even if it's not a question of natural talent, that there isn't time left to do it.

Anyway. I hope you had a happy birthday :) I feel like the first question you should ask as you enter a new year of you, is what it is you want to achieve exactly? Being too vague gets nothing done, you have to narrow it down. Maybe make a list of things you want to try, skills you want to learn, places you want to go, or experiences that you've been looking for.

Well, i already have s plan on what I want to do. Just hope I'm able to do that.

TheSkaFish said:
I totally understand. I'm going to turn 30 this year and I feel much the same way - anxious because I feel like I haven't accomplished much and I worry that even if it's not a question of natural talent, that there isn't time left to do it.

Anyway. I hope you had a happy birthday :) I feel like the first question you should ask as you enter a new year of you, is what it is you want to achieve exactly? Being too vague gets nothing done, you have to narrow it down. Maybe make a list of things you want to try, skills you want to learn, places you want to go, or experiences that you've been looking for.

Happy belated birthday! I certainly hope you had a good one. :) I'm 31, so I feel I can understand where you might be coming from with the amount done when compared to age. Having people around you the same age if not older that have established long term relationships, already married, settled down with children, having career jobs, etc. to name a potential few.

There's other ways to look at it, you'd certainly appreciate things more once you do attain them.

Personally, My biggest regret would probably be not having kids before I turn 40. Only because I feel it's not fair to the children to have to take care of you during their young adult lives (been there).

In a nutshell, some people are just late bloomers and in all seriousness, you're still young and have time. It's just a number. :)

One of my favorite quotes is:

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”

Latest posts

Back