Umm..hmm..?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOAH_FX

Reaction score
Alright, my subject sucks... Brain wouldn't work.

Basically, little bout me, im 23.. Im not bad looking, i should probably get a haircut but... No.. and basically im confused.

I've known this girl for about 3 years, we have a history together and i basically have just tried to be a good friend. But for the past iono.. 6 months.. I just can't stop thinking about her.. just constantly floods my mind. about 2 months ago, her and her ex broke up.. not to long afterwards (Probably way too soon but like a month) i asked her out. She said yea i'd like that but she needed more time to sort things out and of course stop hating men :p. So i was like yea i understand, and time went on. Neither of us have really mentioned anything pertaining to it since... But it's ripping me apart. I don't want to be persistant, i have no idea what she's feeling, so i just want to give her time.. But being as we work beside each other (diffrent buildings but right beside) i see her way too often. I'll see her almost every weekend, and probably 4 - 5 times a week.. I don't want to ruin a friendship by being too...forceful, but i just don't know how to stop thinking about it.. Could it just be she's familiar and it's because i havn't had a relationship in 5 years? I don't know.. I just needed to tell someone... and you guys seem to care lol..

Sorry for my book, lack of grammar and the randomness of my thoughts jotted down into a browser..

i am in a very similar situation. the girl that i have been trying to talk to for awhile is in the "needs time to stop hating men" phase also. i dont want to annoy her but i think about her all the time. she knows how i feel through messages online but we have never talked about it in person. i work with her but only once a week and sometimes not at all, right now its the not at all part. i just wish there was somethign i could do or say to prove that im not going to be like the rest of the jerks she has dealt with. i have also wondered if the reason i feel this way is because i have literally never dated at all and i dont go out and am not a social person. meaning that she has become a female that i can talk to. but at the same time i think she is a great person. she is kind of quirky and she is just herself no matter what. shes funny and caring and i think she is beautiful. why do things have to be so complicated? lol. i think for both of us only time will tell.

Hmm, a tricky situation. I totally understand how it feels to be ripped apart inside by something like this (my insides have been ripped up plenty). Just thinking through all the possible outcomes... if you attempted a relationship with her, and it didn't work out, would you still be forced to see each other every day because you work at the same place? And do you have lots of other friends, or is she a major part of your social life?

If you've only asked her out once, I don't think you could be accused of being persistent or forceful! She said she'd like a relationship with you - it's unlikely she's say that if she didn't mean it, although you asked her only a month after her break-up, so she might have been having "on the rebound" thoughts.

Ahh, as edgecrusher says, why does life have to be so complicated? :rolleyes:

When a woman tells you she "needs time to think," right after you ask her out, basically what she's doing is letting you down easy without being hard on you. Long story short, I honestly don't think this girl wants to be with you.

*shrug* But I could be wrong. There's a lot of info not available to me about this, so...

Good luck with it, anyway.

I wouldn't be forced to see her all the time, but i deffinitly would see her. But im not the kind of guy to care, even if we did break up. Im pretty incredibly laid back, for the most part im indifferent about most things. I think i could get over her if i just stopped seeing her so freaking often, its hard to move on when you dont move on lol. I usually wouldn't try to date a friend. I also usually wouldn't try to date someone i work with.. I like the "don't honeysuckle where you eat" mentality but like... Iono.. This girls awesome.. I have thought that maybe she dosent like me the way i like her as we'll. If that's what it is, shitty, but how do i get over it without removing her from my life? I play in a band, we practice every Saturday, for the last two week's she's been coming by and we've been getting her to sing (she's got a awesome voice) and she seems to have a good time but.. Even my escapes she's their now..lol.. Like last weekend i saw her friday night (party) saturday (Jam session). I saw her last night, she came over to hang out... Saw her this morning (she wanted to go for a smoke).. Sorry if this is rambling.. I think i should use the Journal section, cause really i think im just bitching. But typing it out atleast lets me think of it rationally instead of emotionally. Thanks for your replys..ima stop now lol

Latest posts

Back