Umm... how can I grow a pair?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All fear is the fear of loss. Once you have nothing to lose, you will also have nothing to fear.

This thread was never about fighting; I've never fought in my entire life (other than on online MMORPGs) and I don't plan to get into one anytime soon.

The thing is, when someone does something wrong and I see that it is wrong, I can't tell the person how I feel. I act really immature and often bail from the situation, or I throw away the things (like if a grocer behaved badly over something that I wanted to buy) and walk away arrogantly. That looks really childish and stupid and thinking back about it, I can't even tell you how embarrassing it is for me.

What I want to be able to do is stay there and speak about what I feel is wrong and make the other person realize that. I have a fat brain and I feel like I can make any person know that he's wrong with the things that I can think up (some people give these really witty answers in situations, automatically making the other person realize it. I want to do that). I just can't project that.

One last thing is, if and when I get a girlfriend, (when I imagine the scenario) if someone messes with her, I just can't think of myself being able to stand up for her. I don't know if any girl would want to be with a guy who can't protect her (other than those muscular ones who can whoop a guys' ass on their own). Maybe I'm overthinking things, I donno.

Help?

Yeah, this thread got somewhat sidetracked. :p

I still completely advocate a martial art. The vast majority of people who practice them do so for self-fulfillment, not to learn how to fight. You've clearly got the right attitude in wanting to stand up for things you believe in and I have a lot of respect for that. You just need to confidence to be able to do so.

you just learn by being exposed to all sort of nasty things. I dont say that it's an easy process, in fact it isnt. You just cure that virus by injecting it :p IMO

I'm sticking by my original advice: Face your fear head on. If someone wrongs you, tell them. Once you start facing fear and dealing with problems, things will get easier.

A sink or swim philosophy works for me, but I don't expect it to be right for everyone. If you don't want to do that, I agree that martial arts is a great way to build confidence and mental discipline. If you can't try martial arts for whatever reason, there are still other ways to build confidence and self esteem. You could try volunteer work, a part time job involving problem solving, exercise. Try anything that will help you gain confidence so you can stand up against your fears.

This lady has big balls.

DSC03566.JPG

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
I thought this thread was about actual balls.
Tease.

Latest posts

Back