Vacation Advise

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This Thanksgiving my family is going to visit my brother's in laws for reasons unknown to me its a family event. My family is making me feel guilty for not wanting to use my five day vacation on the trip my brother claims its important to him to bring his family, but this four day brake is important to me honestly with all thats going in my life lately I want to spend those days having fun. I have friends I haven't seen in a year I like to catch up, party and drink a little like most people my age. My question is how do I tell them I want some ME time with out looking like a self centered jerk.

Tell them what you just told us..."this four day brake is important to me honestly with all that's going in my life lately I want to spend those days having fun. I have friends I haven't seen in a year I like to catch up, party and drink a little like most people my age."

There will be other times to visit. There's not always time for some long relaxation.

You should tell them you have to work extra, or can't get away because something came up. If u say u wanna party and drink you're going to catch heat. This is one situation a little lie is fine. It's like telling your girlfriend you are working late so you can work out an extra hour, go golfing, whatever. You shouldn't have to lie, but in the situation it's easier than dealing w the reprocussions

Loser#1 said:
You should tell them you have to work extra, or can't get away because something came up. If u say u wanna party and drink you're going to catch heat. This is one situation a little lie is fine. It's like telling your girlfriend you are working late so you can workout an extra hour, go golfing, whatever. You shouldn't have to lie, but in the situation it's easier than dealing w the reprocussions

Tell them you are overworked and can't deal with the demands of other people at the moment.

Do both, partitioning 2 and 3, or 3 and 2. Tell them you want to spend some time with your friends, as you haven't gotten to see them, but you'll spend whatever time <you feel like> you can with them.

You can always get new friends, but one day your family will be dead.

...And this, is why I still live with my parents.

Latest posts

Back