very very very lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5pt7art

Reaction score
hey guys im new here i actually saw the link for this place on psych central so i decided to join....lately ive been very lonely...this year started off good...i had high thoughts of finally being able to meet a girl and was doing good for a while...had what i thought where great freinds...but as time passed i slowly started getting depressed and slowly fell deeper into it..which i now think i hit bottom...well anyways for the lonely part...what i thought where great freinds just dissapeared...one didnt bother me cause he still has kept in touch its just he had gotten into a relationship...and the one other freind i considered a brother to me...just out of the blue literally threw me away like a peice of trash...i wondered why...i had always been a good freind in my eyes...yea i had my issues...but so did he...and who deosnt...i tried my best to get an explanation or even a reason why...but none of my attempts where even acknowledged..it really really hurt me cause i truely thought highly of him so much as to calling him my brother..awlays had his back no matter what...and well i really havent gotten over it...but heres the great part...after he stopped being my "freind"....everyone else did too...its like i dont exist anymore...noone calls me...noone texts me...dont answer my calls...really my only interaction is coworkers, but thats just it...it stays at work.. ive been severely depressed for about three months now...and lonely for the longest time too...i really just wish would call me and value my freindship....and not just call me when im the last person on their list to call to hangout, or cause they need help with something and good ole' me is always available :(

and what ******* kills me the most is that before this we had a small groupd of freinds that would belittle us and walk on us and constantly tell us honeysuckle....keep in mind were in our early 20's...so he stopped hanging out with them. i followed cause it really did irritate me ...it wasnt even a joking around kinda thing...they really did mean it to put us down. now low and behold...he starts hanging out with them again..after they talked honeysuckle to him to his face and behind his back, and me the dumbass would always have his back...and now this...if it wasnt enough that he ditched me like a peice of trash in the middle of the road...he goes and becomes best freinds with them now..and i have this eery feeling they talk honeysuckle about me all the time....great insult to injury.

ok my rant is over

Hello 5pt7art and welcome to the forum. this is a good place :)

first I want to let you know you are not alone on this. here there are many people with your situation. as well as you I feel lonely like an isolated lion. the good thing here is that we deal with our situation together, trying to find the best way to make our way better. as those lions we support one another to manage and to survive.

I'm not here for long and still I did make some chat friends. I must say I feel better now. less lonely than I was...

I think that your situaltion is better than mine because seems like you have the will and the ability to make new friends. it's just that your got unlucked lately. I think you should get yourself together and find new mates. try talking to your co-workers for hanging out in order to get to know them better, I am sure some of them are lonely too. you can try as well to meet a new girl and who knows you may be in a way better social situation soon.

The issue with your friend who ignored you lately could be solved in my opinion. people usualy don't disappear from our life with no reason. try to remember if you had an arguement with him or if he could get hurt by you for some reason. write him an email trying to explain how you feel. who knows maybe he feels the same as you...

If you would like to give more details about your age and location maybe one here who lives close to you could start friendship with you as well, I guess it'd be better than online mate for you :)

You are welcome to PM me at any time....

That's the thing I tried and tried to find out but was only ignored. This isn't a new thing everyone that I have encountered has screwed me one way or another ...and well now is about the only real time I have felt this lonely literally noone to talk to who could plainly care. So Idk what to do anymore ...sometimes I don't want to do anything just want to be home alone for ever, but at the same time my mind is pushing mw to go out and do something , its just emotionally and physically I can't .

I don't know. Your friend's attitude could be a temporary thing. People are strange that way sometimes. One day you're in tight with someone, and the next, they're blowing you off. A few weeks later, they're speaking to you again. Makes no sense. Try giving your so-called friend a little space for a while, and see what happens. You might ask him from time to time how he's doing. Maybe he'll come around. That's the only thing I can say on that, and my advice may not go anywhere.
As far as a girl in your life....hmmm... It just can't be any girl, for sure. It has to be someone that you really click with, a degree of attraction, and it has to be mutual. This may take some time. I've had this a few times in my life. It was great, but for one reason or another, we seemed to outgrow each other, so even if you find that special person, the likelihood that it'll be long-term is anyone's guess. LOL! Relationships are difficult sometimes, aren't they?
The only thing that's permanent is impermanence itself.

gnome3 said:
I don't know. Your friend's attitude could be a temporary thing. People are strange that way sometimes. One day you're in tight with someone, and the next, they're blowing you off. A few weeks later, they're speaking to you again. Makes no sense. Try giving your so-called friend a little space for a while, and see what happens. You might ask him from time to time how he's doing. Maybe he'll come around. That's the only thing I can say on that, and my advice may not go anywhere.
As far as a girl in your life....hmmm... It just can't be any girl, for sure. It has to be someone that you really click with, a degree of attraction, and it has to be mutual. This may take some time. I've had this a few times in my life. It was great, but for one reason or another, we seemed to outgrow each other, so even if you find that special person, the likelihood that it'll be long-term is anyone's guess. LOL! Relationships are difficult sometimes, aren't they?
The only thing that's permanent is impermanence itself.

yea it could be a temporary thing...but this has happened more then once..its just this time around everyone else in our group of "freinds" decided to stop hanging out with me also. i really dont know why i mean i know i have issues but i never really brought it them up around them....and this isnt the first time he has just ditched me but it certainly is the longest...and i think this time around i wouldnt go back to being remotely anywhere close to being freinds with him..im nobodys second choice is the way is see it...the decent thing he could of done is just told me striaght out that he didnt want to be freinds anymore. as far as girls ive never had a relationship..never been on a date...never held a grils hand..never kissed one..the works basically..so its very difficult at that...maybe ill be lonely forever

Yeah, I think you're right, bro 5. I've had friends like that in the past, and with friends like that, who needs enemies, eh? Sounds like he'll come around in time, but at that point you might be better off to keep him at arms length.
I can tell you this; I don't quite feel like I fit in with the norms either. Of course there are times at work when I may do or say things that kind of freak some of my coworkers out a little. Some song might be on the intercom, and I'll just bust out in some dance - a Michael Jackson or Butthead thing. People just aren't used to that honeysuckle. Or I may say something off the wall, and they may give me that worried look. It's all good. On the other hand, there are a few that really like my unique personality.
* You know something, 5, I am going to tell you how I ask someone out. I don't really ask them out at first. I merely suggest to them that "maybe we could get together sometime, and do lunch". You see, that phrase doesn't require a yes or no. I just feel the person out a little, and see what her comeback is. If she responds in a positive way, then I may take the next hurdle, and actually try to set up a day & time, or I may wait a few days before I bring it up again. Try this as an experiment. When you are in a conversation with someone, and she is being quite pleasant & friendly, just bring up the "suggestion". Try it with more than one person. It's like you're opening a door just a little, but only enough to where you can close her door of opportunity at a moment's notice.

Hey i know how you feel, i think loneliness is all about bad luck some people just aren't lucky with the dice of life.
I always think though that every new day is a chance to talk to someone make them smile and maybe even make a new friend.
Good luck
my friend
:)

away_on_my_own said:
Hey i know how you feel, i think loneliness is all about bad luck some people just aren't lucky with the dice of life.

Lol! I've often wondered if there isn't some truth to that. It could be our fate. Fate is a weapon in itself.

away_on_my_own said:
I always think though that every new day is a chance to talk to someone make them smile and maybe even make a new friend.
Good luck
my friend
:)

it could be ...cause i have never had luck on my side on any aspect of life

I know how you feel man. I lost my best friend. He started hanging out with different people, and now's he's changed. We used to one another's biggest supporters, he was the closest thing I had to a brother. Now that we're no longer friends, a lot of people that used to be my "friend" up and disappeared. It hurts man, I know, but you're definitely not alone. Eventually we'll find friends who'll be there no matter what, we just gotta keep on going.

redsoxpride said:
I know how you feel man. I lost my best friend. He started hanging out with different people, and now's he's changed. We used to one another's biggest supporters, he was the closest thing I had to a brother. Now that we're no longer friends, a lot of people that used to be my "friend" up and disappeared. It hurts man, I know, but you're definitely not alone. Eventually we'll find friends who'll be there no matter what, we just gotta keep on going.

i just dont understand how someone can do that...but it just shows they were not true freinds to being with

Latest posts

Back