VICTORY.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Six K-12 schools.
Fourty something houses.
Multiple feet of snow on all of them.
People freaking out as flat-roofed buildings all over the area collapse under the snow load.

...And only one bad-ass work crew to shovel it all off in a race against the clock.

With the exception of a few misc. small buildings tomorrow, today marks the probable end to our brief period of winter work. Thirteen and sixteen hour days, no weekends, and rapidly changing weather have made the past few weeks run together. You can't stop because the snow doesn't last forever.

My boots stink like a flooded sewer. My eyes are circled with fatigue, I have a few new callouses, and my body ahces. But we did it, again. We did it better than any other contractor could. All twelve of us.

From here on out it's the waiting game till the snow melts enough to let us back in the woods. Or normally it would be, if I wasn't moving. But now we get some time off to collect unemployment, and hopefully get some ice fishing in. I'm catching the meanest fuckin' Pike there is this year, even if I have to dive under and grab him up with brute force.

Just wanted to share my elation at getting to sleep in tomorrow morning. HALLELUJAH! :D

LonelyDragon said:
Good job!

Wanna come do my shop driveway Saturday? I can't find anyone dependable here to do it.

NO.
:p

I've filled my snow quota for at least two weeks.

You could maybe re-engineer what this guy in Colorado did, though. Apparently he figured he could hook up a blow torch to a propane tank to melt snow off his deck without setting his house on fire.

Yeah, think again. >_<

Brian said:
LonelyDragon said:
Good job!

Wanna come do my shop driveway Saturday? I can't find anyone dependable here to do it.

NO.
:p

I've filled my snow quota for at least two weeks.

You could maybe re-engineer what this guy in Colorado did, though. Apparently he figured he could hook up a blow torch to a propane tank to melt snow off his deck without setting his house on fire.

Yeah, think again. >_<

I've seen the result of people doing that on more than one occasion. Even if they do it in an area with no fire hazard they end up with melted snow. And what does that turn into when it gets cold again?

On the bright side, their kids did have a nice place to skate.

woot sounding pretty hardcore brian. Great for you

the best part will be when you're all finished and counting you're hard earned money

16 hour days dfamn man thats crazy

:)

Dayum. o_O

Kudos, and enjoy your days off!

Oh, and I once caught a Pike, way back when I was a kid. ^.^ We didn't keep it though, as we were lookin' for Salmon I guess and I think it would've been technically illegal to keep it since it was past a certain hour and starting to get dark. But it was one helluva big fish, compared to the other fish I had ever caught. :p

Latest posts

Back