Violence (a rant)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyxi

Reaction score
(I hope this is in the right section).

/beginrant

The other night I went out with my brother, his friend and one of my friends because my brother was visiting me for a few days. He's from the country, about two hours away so he doesn't get to go out often. We were sitting on a train, minding our own business. A few stations up these two guys get on. They were being really loud, playing their music so the rest of the the train could hear it and so on and so forth. We ignored them.

Then, of course, they came up to us. Tried to steal my friends hat. My brother told them to leave my friend's hat alone and they reply "it's our hat to take." I just turn around, look at them and say "can you please just leave us alone? We haven't done anything to you." This guy just stares at me for the longest time and says "We aren't going to f-ing leave you alone." Then, he just starts punching my brother. Out of nowhere.

Everybody else on the train started to run away, to the other end of the carriage while my brother was getting beaten up. I tried to get in between them and got hit a few times as well. Meanwhile, the other guy had my brother's friend pinned up against the wall because she too was trying to help my brother. Eventually, my brother just snapped and picked up a glass bottle and smashed it across the guy's head. He had a big gash in his head and when I went to call the cops him and his friend ran out of the train.

I just don't understand what we did wrong to these guys. It's almost as if they just wanted to fight. It's disturbing, horrifying and has just made me lose all confidence in catching public transport again, let alone allowing myself to have a few drinks when I go out instead of staying sober and driving (like I usually do every Thursday night). Added to that, there is absolutely no protection on transport like there should be that late of a night. These guys were obviously drugged out of their minds otherwise a glass bottle probably would have made them pass out. I admit, the glass bottle was probably a wrong way for my brother to go about it, but I still feel as if they got what they deserved for trying to start fights and hurt people.

It just made me feel really powerless, especially when you try to be reasonable to these people (asking them to leave us alone) and they instead just start beat up your family, or friends. Added to that, nobody even tried to step in and help even though there was a girl pinned against the wall and another girl trying to stop a guy from beating another up.

Ughhhhhhhhh!!! I hate jerks!!

/endrant

Some people are stupid f**heads. I'm sorry you had to go through this.
I would've WASTED their asses if I was there.

Sounds like you ran across a couple real winners.

Minus, I think you mean a couple of real ********, losers, cun*s, scum etc etc...

Sorry you had to go through that Phyxi, and i hope you and you're brother are ok ?

Some people are just fu**ed up, but sooner or later they'll mess with the wrong people and get what they deserve.

And you're brother with the bottle... nice ;)

I take public transportation and have come across some real losers, too. I just ignore them completely. I usually take it during the day so its more sane individuals most of the time. But I do worry about something like this happening to me, too. I've considered getting a can of mase.

i dont think what your brother did was wrong at all. he was just protecting himself.

Phyxi said:
I just don't understand what we did wrong to these guys. It's almost as if they just wanted to fight.

You and your friends did nothing wrong except have the misfortune to stumble across the path of lowlife. The pair in question are no more than petty bullies who's actions have probably never been punished with the severity that they deserve. In my opinion, the one who your brother struck with the bottle got away very lightly.

Remember though it was just bad luck and whether you realise it or not, your brothers actions may have given the pair a good reason to think twice before trying to intimidate strangers.

Phyxi said:
I admit, the glass bottle was probably a wrong way for my brother to go about it, but I still feel as if they got what they deserved for trying to start fights and hurt people.

It was perfectly reasonable. They had that coming to them and worse.

I hear you...these sorts of people are ridiculous. Even worse are the standers-by who don't assist. This is why I'm getting a concealed carry permit and carry a knife. If I ever see something like that, and the display of a firearm doesn't break it up, the walls are getting painted. And frankly I think I'd look forward to taking out someone like that. It'd be a service to humanity.

And I think everyone should carry something, and/or have some martial arts training, and be prepared to use it. We'd see a decrease in such things happening because worthless fucks like the people you've brought up would either think twice, or learn a hard -possibly permanent- lesson. Case in point? Washington D.C., here in the U.S. Nobody there is allowed to even own a firearm. And guess which state has the country's highest rate of violent crime? Washington D.C.

So I have to laugh when anti-gun nuts think removing our right to personal protection (the kind that you don't have to pick up the phone and wait five minutes for) is the solution to violence, because the perpetrators of that violence are always going to find a way to achieve their sick desires. It's up to the rest of us to show them the error of their ways...which is why your brother deserves three cheers for putting a glass bottle to good use.

Brian said:
And I think everyone should carry something, and/or have some martial arts training, and be prepared to use it. We'd see a decrease in such things happening because worthless fucks like the people you've brought up would either think twice, or learn a hard -possibly permanent- lesson.

Or you end up with kung-fu and machine gun wielding super villains.

They were looking for a fight - the provocation was simply to get what they wanted.

Some people are real idiots.

Latest posts

Back