Visble/Invisible

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Legato

I think most people would be able to relate to that feeling when you're with people but you feel you shouldn't be? Like you're not part of them, just another number etc?

What would you call that?

I try not to class myself as lonely as I do have a few friends etc, but I often get that feeling a lot. Even when it's not an intentional thing, I can be around people who care but still think I'm not wanted/shouldn't be there?

If anyone can relate and give me tips on how to get over that issue it'd be great. I tend to just sleep it off, but it can't be the best solution for it.

I call that my life. I don't really believe I belong with anyone, anywhere. It's the constant feeling of not being wanted, but I don't know what to call it other than that. Low self esteem can cause that feeling (although it's more than that for me). Positive reinforcement and a positive attitude can sometimes help.

What do you think causes it?

I don't know really. When I usually talk to people about it, I'm told to stop thinking about it, it's all in my head etc.

But then when I sit back and look at things, I'm right about all of it. I make an effort for anyone, always ask if people are ok, check on them etc

It's very rare I'll get a response from someone.

Because of this I start doubting myself, doubting things I've done, but then I don't feel like adding more effort into the mix incase the circle repeats

I think I feel more like I don't deserve to be belonged to anyone.. that they definitely deserve better than me. So I feel more like I shouldn't be around.. :\ which is bad cos then when I actually do that, then I miss certain people I do love being around with. Sighs.. no solutions/tips here.. sorry.

I swear I don't even belong into this world. I used to think I had "only" been born into the wrong time period, but I think now I was never supposed to be here.

Locke said:
I call that my life. I don't really believe I belong with anyone, anywhere. It's the constant feeling of not being wanted, but I don't know what to call it other than that. Low self esteem can cause that feeling (although it's more than that for me). Positive reinforcement and a positive attitude can sometimes help.

What do you think causes it?

This feeling of not being wanted !
I know it so well.

Question though - is it in our heads and untrue or reality.

Myself ? I don't fit in with people. When I try, people turn on me, give me honeysuckle, make me feel unwelcome, always happens. It's why I don't hang about in groups.

For me some of it comes from one-sided friendships I had and still have. When I am with people who really care about me my mind reflects on those friendships and I ask myself why these people likes to be with me. It's like my mind is used to being ignored or rejected and can't accept that others may be interested to hang out with me.

Another reason I can think of is what Locke mentioned. The only thing I am doing about it is improving my skills in areas of my interest. I hope this feeling go away when I get satisfied about myself.

Latest posts

Back