Wait for love or look for it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll just wait for it. For now at least, there's no real urgency - I'm only 17, I have my whole life ahead of me.

Hi lingo *waves* lol I keep clicking on little blue ;) Now and again anyway.

I would say that it would be better to go out and grab love by the big hairy balls.

Love don't come to you. All though I did have a girl knock at my door one time. We had a 3 month relationship be for it ended.

So ye I ask myself why am not making myself a member on a dating sight somewhere. This is what I would advice someone to do in my persuasion. But still I don't do it. Then I deserve to be unhappy and alone I Guss. *Drinks some moor beer*

Ever the optimist Bluey. I love it!! Although I always though Love shaved his balls...

lol, Love dose shave he's balls. Maybe that's why I ent got no love. Frightened of cutting my self haha :p A man has to be careful you know...

Haha! That should be a thread 'if love was a person what would he/she look like?'

You know I don't really got your point.. Since I'm just a 14 yr old girl, and yeah... I do got alot of problems..... You see, I'm not that typical sophomore student... I got engage to someone I don't really know...( well now... I feel kinda comfortable when I'm with him..)

My mom always tells me to know my own self first so I could interact with other people.. (well..sometimes it works) I think you should take a rest... Thinking to be social every time makes me dizzy...

I don't really get want guy's really think... It takes alot of cocentration and imagination for me to understand guys... (it works all the time! Try it! Well it does not work if I'm doing it to girls...)

WISH yøü LüCk...!

Don`t wait for it. It`s always someone else that find love when not looking. Don`t know about you, but i`m not one of the lucky ones. I`ve been waiting five years and nothing. I`ve started looking, but still nothing. Suprise suprise.

istari said:
Don`t wait for it. It`s always someone else that find love when not looking. Don`t know about you, but i`m not one of the lucky ones. I`ve been waiting five years and nothing. I`ve started looking, but still nothing. Suprise suprise.

Yes, that's a very valid point - whilst some of us just sit back, expecting things to get better in the future, we're really just waiting for a tomorrow that will never come. Whilst we watch our crush from afar, hoping that one day she or he might come up to us and talk to us, there are others who are actually doing something about their desires. We need to adopt more aggressive, active approaches, rather than the pacifist approach.

I'm gonna go with looking for love- I've tried waiting, and it don't work! I've had a crush on someone many a time, and then watched as someone else came up and swept them off their feet, while I sat around and wondered, "what if...".
I don't really want to spend my entire life thinking "what if I had talked to that person..", etc. It's not healthy to spend your life in regret at previous inaction- I know, cos that's what I did for most of my time at school. Positive action is the way forward. Having said that, I'm not exactly the prime example of this- I'm terrible at going out and doing stuff, rather than contemplating from afar. Still, I'm getting better, bit by bit.
I think that one of the best things to do is be comfortable with yourself- if you are content with the way you are, it shows, and people notice.

This is the biggy, isn't it? I spent most of my life looking for love, and after eight years with an emotionally dependent girlfriend, if I ever get the courage to walk away from her I'll happily stay single for a couple of years, or more if I'm having fun.

I say be yourself, but try to reach out to people. I mean, just as people, not prospective lovers.

I cringe when I hear the term 'the one'. It doesn't exist! You can be in love with someone who isn't right for you. You can fall out of love with someone who once seemed perfect for you. You shouldn't lose your soul looking for someone. Be yourself, try to interract with people, but always see them as people, not just what they can be for you. Otherwise, you will only ever be what you think people are looking for.

I don't think love is looking for me. I feel like I've been "waiting" for it for long enough to see this as a valid conclusion. I'm going to have to do something different, like really pursue it, otherwise I'll not have it.

Latest posts

Back