Want to get married?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimizAkri

Reaction score
Has anyone ever just had a sudden urge to get married?

I mean, I'm only 16 and I don't even have feelings for anyone but I want to fall in love and I want to get married.
I get the urge often...it may have to do with all the wedding shows I watch. Haha.

But just a thought.

lol I can relate to this though I'm now at the stage where I want kids too - the whole scenario, kids, marriage and just I guess what we see as the perfect life.A nice house,a husband, kids and a dog running around. I think everybody wants to get married at some stage in their life.Just because you're 16 doesn't mean that you shouldn't be thinking about marriage.I think it's natural even if you're not with someone.

I never thought of marriage when I was growing up though I did go through baby phases.I didn't have a relationship until I was 17 but before that I used to see baby clothes and get all maternal.lol so I think marriage and stuff is just a natural thing that most people think about.

SimizAkri said:

I mean, I'm only 16 and I don't even have feelings for anyone but I want to fall in love and I want to get married.
I get the urge often...it may have to do with all the wedding shows I watch. Haha.

But just a thought.

*gets on 1 knee*marry me?

i'd just like the 50's life rly :(
good job, kids, and marriage and then go old together but fresia me sideways i'm not gunna get any of them T_T

I had a dream once that I was getting married. The bride-to-be was a girl who, in actual fact, I'd been head-over-heels in love with for several years (my best friend's girlfriend; it's a long story). In this dream I was just stupid with happiness. I couldn't believe it. It was happening! We were going to be together forever, just as I'd always believed! Then, half-way through the extensive wedding arrangements, she turned to me and asked; "So, who's getting married, anyway?" The shock and embarrassment was so severe that I woke up with a start, frantically trying to think up some bogus response.

If the real thing could make me feel even half as good as I felt through most of that dream, then yeah, I'd like to get married someday.

Thanks for the wisdom Aimee. =]
& Van, I will gladly marry you. Lets run away to Antartica. ;D
On a more serious note, I think you definitely will.

& Spare, that does sound like a happy dream.
I've had a dream once that made me so happy, I could have sworn that I was smiling and that I had butterflies (irl) through it.
& I can imagine the horror of the end of that dream.

Is it possible to blush while sleeping?

But I agree, I wouldn't settle for anything less then a lifetime of happiness and true love.
Of course I know that no marriage would be perfect and warm&fuzzy all the time...but you know what I mean.=D

SimizAkri said:
... Van, I will gladly marry you....

Congratulations guys. Van your method finally paid off :)

I've never had that real urge to want to be married. I keep meeting potentials that are far from the type that I would want to spend a year with let alone try a lifetime with them. I do think about marriage when I am with someone. Of course, but very quickly I realize and see how wrong it is to think that way with the last two people I have tried to connect with.

With the things that have occurred from my past. I am just preparing myself for a decent friendship. If a relationship arrives I am going to be VERY careful.

There is absolutely no part of me that wants to be married or have kids. It holds nothing that I crave. That may be part of the reason I stay with my current girlfriend. What else am I doing for the rest of my life? I'm the age at which most prospective partners have kids or will want them, and will also want marriage. I can't even imagine what it is that drives people to marriage or kids. It just doesn't exist in me.

It scares me a little sometimes that this drive seems to be a part of virtually everyone; not many people seem to feel the way I do.

Van Hooligan said:
SimizAkri said:

But just a thought.

good job, kids, and marriage and then go old together but fresia me sideways i'm not gunna get any of them T_T

That's nice, Van. I never thought you the type. :p

I'm a peculiar male in that I've always felt the urge to get married, as long as I can remember.

Most males let their hormones drive them, and while I am a rather... erm... passionate guy, I've always felt the need to connect with one single person on that level. Marriage has always been to me the goal of my life: I'd get married, maybe have one kid, start writing my books, have one or two other kids, grow old and teach, all with a woman standing by my side the entire time.

I don't know. I've just always been the more romantic type. *shrugs*

It's not something I think about often, but yeah, it would be great to have such a connection with someone. Usually though, I just think about how great it would be to at least have a friend. Marriage is a bit far-fetched for me I guess, and thus, it doesn't bother me much. :)

I've had urge to get married when I was younger too.

Actaully my HS GF was my fiance. High School sweethearts getting married was like a dream I guess.
It didn't work out for me...However my sister married her HS sweetheart and they're still togehter.

I got married at a young age of 19. My wife asked me out
It was totally awesome while the honey moon lasted.
Then oneday my wife decided to fliped out and turn into a pyscho ***** and messed up our honey moon.
She sent me to the fucken doghouse...but our dog had ran away a week before...WTF ???
Then I founded out some women are attracted to married men for some reason...
The hell with the doghouse....I can be a gardenia too.
Oh yes, the good old days...that was fun ! I should had just stayed single to save lawer's fee. :p

Lonesome Crow said:
I've had urge to get married when I was younger too.

Actaully my HS GF was my fiance. High School sweethearts getting married was like a dream I guess.
It didn't work out for me...However my sister married her HS sweetheart and they're still togehter.

I got married at a young age of 19. My wife asked me out
It was totally awesome while the honey moon lasted.
Then oneday my wife decided to fliped out and turn into a pyscho ***** and messed up our honey moon.
She sent me to the fucken doghouse...but our dog had ran away a week before...WTF ???
Then I founded out some women are attracted to married men for some reason...
The hell with the doghouse....I can be a gardenia too.
Oh yes, the good old days...that was fun ! I should had just stayed single to save lawer's fee. :p

Lol. =D

No. The concept of such a commitment frightens me. She would have to be someone that COMPLETELY captivates my mind and soul before such a consideration would exist. I'm not being snobby, I just find it hard to commit at this stage in my life. I love women and dating different types. I'm not mature enough for that yet, nor do I think I will be anytime soon.

I'm into it. Just drop me the soul mate and it'll be alright. Oh wait...

crescendo.daNiente said:
Van Hooligan said:
SimizAkri said:

But just a thought.

That's nice, Van. I never thought you the type. :p

Aye, ppl can surprise others with unpredictable honeysuckle, Van included lol.

Latest posts

Back