Want to keep it Platonic

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... Then all of a sudden she began regularly wearing full-body leotards which are much too provocative for me, especially when we go bowling at the bowling alley. And other men ogle at her. This leaves me in quandary because I don't know whether she's doing it to be purposely provocative or if she does it just because the leotards feel comfortable. After all, leotards are certainly comfortable.
The problem is that her attire is too provocative and distracting to me. You would have to see her to know what I mean. I don't want to say anything more along those lines because I don't want to sound crass. Yet I'm apprehensive to ask her to dress modestly because I'm afraid she might take it the wrong way.
Because to tell you the truth, her congeniality and her laugh is all I want. Her laugh is so melodious. Her congeniality is all I need to satisfy me, really. The only drawback is her attire. So how do I handle this quandary without offending her? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sounds to me, after a couple of times out with you, she now feels more a ease and dressing down... to her comfort level.

Rather ask her dress more modest, in which she may take offense, request a semi formal (or business casual) dress attire. Perhaps find a nice cafe and explain after bowling you would to go to this cafe for a tea....

When she does wear a 'modest' outfit, be sure to pay her a complement (ie that outfit really suits you)

Also, not sure how you are dressed? If you, yourself, is dressed 'business casual' might help set the tone.

You can keep it light in the way you express yourself.. for instance, when she takes off her jacket, play bashful.. cover your eyes and say something like, "ooAhh... too sexy for me" 🙈 "awww you will be making blush all night " ☺️

As a Buddhist who practices Non-attachment, I do not chase ladies. So this relationship happened unexpectedly. I've been meeting her twice a week, and it's always enjoyable. Because she's very congenial and is always laughing. And that always makes my day. It's enough for me to be in the company of a lady who's congenial.
The only problem is her attire. During the first two meetings, she dressed quite modestly. Then all of a sudden she began regularly wearing full-body leotards which are much too provocative for me, especially when we go bowling at the bowling alley. And other men ogle at her. This leaves me in quandary because I don't know whether she's doing it to be purposely provocative or if she does it just because the leotards feel comfortable. After all, leotards are certainly comfortable.
The problem is that her attire is too provocative and distracting to me. You would have to see her to know what I mean. I don't want to say anything more along those lines because I don't want to sound crass. Yet I'm apprehensive to ask her to dress modestly because I'm afraid she might take it the wrong way.
Because to tell you the truth, her congeniality and her laugh is all I want. Her laugh is so melodious. Her congeniality is all I need to satisfy me, really. The only drawback is her attire. So how do I handle this quandary without offending her? Any ideas would be appreciated.
It's not up to you to impose your "man" wishes on her. It's not up to you to impose your bovine fecal matter morals on her. You handle it by growing a pair and trying to understand her.
It's not all about you dude.

A few? i know one near me who does it, who tried and failed with me once, i have others farther away from me who do the same but not with or to me. I used to have loose neighbors who did exactly that. real whores. more than a few. many. so what am i supposed to think? i can generalize. so can you. i don't say you're wrong. but to call me bitter and judgy.... i'm neither. i speak from personal experience. this female who gives me problems now when we first started talking changed from normal loose outfit to tight see through. i knew to keep distance from the mentally ill whore. that's what probably triggered her hate for me. if i had a gf or wife i wouldn't want her to wear tights out in public.
You don't think. You judge. You are a cliche'.

Sounds to me, after a couple of times out with you, she now feels more a ease and dressing down... to her comfort level.

Rather ask her dress more modest, in which she may take offense, request a semi formal (or business casual) dress attire. Perhaps find a nice cafe and explain after bowling you would to go to this cafe for a tea....

When she does wear a 'modest' outfit, be sure to pay her a complement (ie that outfit really suits you)

Also, not sure how you are dressed? If you, yourself, is dressed 'business casual' might help set the tone.

You can keep it light in the way you express yourself.. for instance, when she takes off her jacket, play bashful.. cover your eyes and say something like, "ooAhh... too sexy for me" 🙈 "awww you will be making blush all night " ☺️
OMG Now I know why so many women hate men. I'm dumber from having read this. 🙄

Attachments

• 20211208_232644.jpg
    20211208_232644.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
Lol idk I can have/had my moments when I dressed sexy around a guy for the sole purpose to tease the life out of him, or frankly to see what it would take for him to forget he has a wife... when im going through a rough patch... and insecure and hurt patch. I'm no angel... however, the assumption that women are doing this on a regular basis, that even most would do this... is crazy. But I cant sit here and act as if some men haven't come across a awful temptress like myself... like I've never done anything of the sort... I'd be a liar...

I'd give most other women the benefit of the doubt, but... sometimes you want a guy to make a move, so hair flicking, showing a little more, smiles, ughhhh he's still not saying anything!!! That's it... where's my full body leotard and heels, he obviously cant ignore this. 😅

It's not up to you to impose your "man" wishes on her. It's not up to you to impose your bovine fecal matter morals on her. You handle it by growing a pair and trying to understand her.
It's not all about you dude.
You are attacking the wrong person. It was another poster who used the word "whore." Not me. Get your information correct before you attack.

You are attacking the wrong person. It was another poster who used the word "whore." Not me. Get your information correct before you attack.
Wrong. I didn't mention the word whore did I? I mentioned your outdated and misogynistic views. But nice try. Put down your well worn copy of "Internet Arguing for Dummies" and try to come up with something that passes for original thought somewhere other than your little bunged up corner of the intertubes. I didn't come here to argue nonsensical prudish bovine fecal matter with men who's thinking is stuck in bygone eras. I was foolish to engage you.

Latest posts

Back