Want to keep it Platonic

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only thing woman should be allowed to wear. We can't have them distracting men with our evil whore ways by being comfortable....aside from the fact that MEN need to learn to control their **** selves. :rolleyes:

MFWb.jpg

Love it! lol but what about the face?

This is the only thing woman should be allowed to wear. We can't have them distracting men with our evil whore ways by being comfortable....aside from the fact that MEN need to learn to control their **** selves. :rolleyes:
Well................................

All of this back and forth is why some women are forced and unforced to wear Burkas. Their religion realizes that men are sex crazied animals not far from being cave men. So, to keep the male brain in check the women are completely covered up.

iu

But, there are still beauty contests: Ha! ha!

iu

Well................................

All of this back and forth is why some women are forced and unforced to wear Burkas. Their religion realizes that men are sex crazied animals not far from being cave men. So, to keep the male brain in check the women are completely covered up.

iu

But, there are still beauty contests: Ha! ha!

iu
Now that You mentioned beauty-contests-- did you know that Saudi Arabia has beauty-contests for camels? In a report from last year from Associated Press: Judges at a competition northeast of Riyadh are cracking down on artificially enhanced contestants. The contest is part of the King Abdulaziz Camel Festival. Yes, the contestants are camels, the Associated Press reported, and 43 of them have already been disqualified. Camel breeders enter their most beautiful camels with the hope of winning $66 million in prize money, but Botox injections, face-lifts and other cosmetic changes will not be tolerated this year. The Saudi Press said "The club is keen to halt all acts of tampering and deception in the beautification of camels."

OP, Have you looked into Vajrayana Buddhism?
That might be of some assistance to you.

OP, Have you looked into Vajrayana Buddhism?
That might be of some assistance to you.
Thanks, but I have not tried that variation yet. I practice only Zen Buddhism. Do you practice that variation which you suggested? How is it different from Zen?

Maybe your Buddhist center sent her as a test of your non-attachment? When you go out with her do you notice lots of conspicuous people with shaved heads wearing Kāṣāyas sitting nearby? 😁

From what I know of Zen Buddhism, and you may practice a kind that I'm not familiar with, you can still have relationships, find women attractive and even like how a woman looks without risking yet another rebirth. Do you have a Buddhist teacher who you can talk to about this? If you're practicing to become a monk, this would certainly be an issue, but otherwise, you should be able to appreciate tights.

It's very hard for any of us to know her motivations. She may like attention. She may find tights comfortable. She may have forgotten to change out of them. She may think they improve her bowling game. She may lust after you like Bathsheba. Maybe she didn't do laundry and all she had remaining were tights. She might be a prick-tease. I don't know. None of us know. Unless one of us is her.

But it sounds like it makes you uncomfortable in any case. You should find a friendly and diplomatic way to bring it up. Or you can practice deep mindfulness and not let it get to you. I guess I wouldn't read too much into it until you know more. The more you read into it and guess and wonder, the more uncomfortable you will probably become around her.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I have not tried that variation yet. I practice only Zen Buddhism. Do you practice that variation which you suggested? How is it different from Zen?

No, I don't practice it. I just know a little bit about it. I study anthropology as a bit of a hobby. It utilizes some Tantric practices. I can't give a summery of it that'd do it any justice, so here's a short video on the history of it and and how it differentiates from other variations:

Maybe your Buddhist center sent her as a test of your non-attachment? When you go out with her do you notice lots of conspicuous people with shaved heads wearing Kāṣāyas sitting nearby? 😁
LOL Thanks for making my day. Are you a Buddhist too? The reason I ask is because you know the word "kasayas." So I wonder whether you are Buddhist too. 🙏🙏

Now that You mentioned beauty-contests-- did you know that Saudi Arabia has beauty-contests for camels? In a report from last year from Associated Press: Judges at a competition northeast of Riyadh are cracking down on artificially enhanced contestants. The contest is part of the King Abdulaziz Camel Festival. Yes, the contestants are camels, the Associated Press reported, and 43 of them have already been disqualified. Camel breeders enter their most beautiful camels with the hope of winning $66 million in prize money, but Botox injections, face-lifts and other cosmetic changes will not be tolerated this year. The Saudi Press said "The club is keen to halt all acts of tampering and deception in the beautification of camels."
I have heard of that, but "beauty contest" might be a little misleading. It's really not too much different from the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show held in the US annually, which, in the end, could also arguably be called a "beauty contest" for dogs. Camels are extremely highly regarded in the middle east and are considered exceptionally beautiful animals in many cultures. So much so that men often compare the beauty of women to camels. A person I once knew from Somalia had a great story around that. A friend of his came to the United States and wanted to date American women. To woo potential partners he would tell them "you are as beautiful as a she-camel." This is apparently considered a very high compliment in Somalia. But, obviously, American women didn't exactly know quite how to take this and he kept striking out miserably. The man I knew had to explain to his friend that "people in the United States don't hold camels in quite as high a regard as in Somalia." I love that story.

Last edited:
See I think this thread is a classic case of mismatching in life.

OP wants to practice non-attachment, but gets women throwing themselves at him.

I am not into any of the Buddhist stuff. I'm very attached. But, I don't get any such attention.

Life needs to give OP my inability to get noticed, which would match their non-attachment nicely. They don't want the attention anyway.

Meanwhile, life could throw leotard-wearing women at me all day. And that matches what I want, lol.

LOL Thanks for making my day. Are you a Buddhist too? The reason I ask is because you know the word "kasayas." So I wonder whether you are Buddhist too. 🙏🙏
I have studied Buddhism and I really like a lot of aspects of Buddhism, especially compassion, loving kindness and mindfulness, but I'm not a practicing Buddhist. I have a hard time being anything but an agnostic awaiting more evidence. That said, I study all kinds of religions and find them all fascinating in both good and bad ways. But if I were to practice anything, it would likely be Buddhism.

She might worry that you aren't physically attracted to her and she's wearing this outfit to draw your sexual interest. Women want a guy who finds the woman attractive. If you feel the need to tell her that aren't interested in her like that, you first need to explain that you are Buddhist who doesn't develop any physical attraction to any woman. If she understands that its not specific to her, she might be more okay with it. Also explain that you are still attracted to her due to non romantic reasons.

Last edited:
As a Buddhist who practices Non-attachment, I do not chase ladies. So this relationship happened unexpectedly. I've been meeting her twice a week, and it's always enjoyable. Because she's very congenial and is always laughing. And that always makes my day. It's enough for me to be in the company of a lady who's congenial.
The only problem is her attire. During the first two meetings, she dressed quite modestly. Then all of a sudden she began regularly wearing full-body leotards which are much too provocative for me, especially when we go bowling at the bowling alley. And other men ogle at her. This leaves me in quandary because I don't know whether she's doing it to be purposely provocative or if she does it just because the leotards feel comfortable. After all, leotards are certainly comfortable.
The problem is that her attire is too provocative and distracting to me. You would have to see her to know what I mean. I don't want to say anything more along those lines because I don't want to sound crass. Yet I'm apprehensive to ask her to dress modestly because I'm afraid she might take it the wrong way.
Because to tell you the truth, her congeniality and her laugh is all I want. Her laugh is so melodious. Her congeniality is all I need to satisfy me, really. The only drawback is her attire. So how do I handle this quandary without offending her? Any ideas would be appreciated.
This woman is just someone you met. This lady is not your girlfriend or wife. You barely know anything about her. She's wearing things that she wants to wear. For whatever reasons she wants to wear them. You have no right to ask her to change her appearance because you don't like her clothes and it makes you uncomfortable. If it makes you uncomfortable and you cannot accept her for she is, leave her alone. I think you should just leave her alone.

This woman is just someone you met. This lady is not your girlfriend or wife. You barely know anything about her. She's wearing things that she wants to wear. For whatever reasons she wants to wear them. You have no right to ask her to change her appearance because you don't like her clothes and it makes you uncomfortable. If it makes you uncomfortable and you cannot accept her for she is, leave her alone. I think you should just leave her alone.
Evidently you misread my post because actually I did not ask her to change her attire at all. Instead I posted here to ask the other posters what Sheila's motives might be--especially because I prefer platonic myself.

I have studied Buddhism and I really like a lot of aspects of Buddhism, especially compassion, loving kindness and mindfulness, but I'm not a practicing Buddhist. I have a hard time being anything but an agnostic awaiting more evidence. That said, I study all kinds of religions and find them all fascinating in both good and bad ways. But if I were to practice anything, it would likely be Buddhism.
You said that although you like Buddhism but that you don't practice it because you are Agnostic. Actually Basic Buddhism does not call for a belief in God at all. So you could still practice Buddhism while still remain an Agnostic.

I don't think I've ever seen a woman, in person, wearing a full body leotard...

Desiring not to desire is desire. The concept of non-attachment, when subscribed to, is an attachment to a concept.

Although, if you are on a spiritual journey of some sort, it seems a fitting temptation and obstacle to have placed before you; either that, or the Universe has a sense of humor. :p

I'm insecure, I'd probably be screwed, unless she was very giving, strong, and knew how to carry that weakness of mine.

Off the cuff advice I probable wouldn't take myself? Find a costume to match!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back