want to make more friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Niki...i love meeting new ppl & making new friends, but im very shy & can get lonely really easily. i dont have a ton of friends, but the ones i do have i love to death & try to keep as close to me as i can! i love facebook so add me if u want! =)
i hateeee spending Friday nights or Saturdays alone!!!! i joined this site a yr ago and ive gotten better since then, but i still have times where im lonely & i came back to meet ppl on this forum that i can relate to!

=)

Hi Niki. I hope things are ok. I don't have Facebook though but I can bet that there are lots of others here who have profiles.

You are lucky to have a good group of friends and I hope you don't get to spend much friday nights by yourself. If you do, stop by here and post away your thoughts and feelings or visit the chatroom.

Lots of people here are willing to listen.

Welcome to A Lonely Life!

Unacceptance said:
Hi.

What separates a Friday or Saturday alone from any other day alone?

Well, most days besides Friday and Saturday have many MANY people spending time getting things done in their lives or spending time with the family. Maybe even talking to someone on the phone but those days don't have the same vibes as Friday and Saturday does.

People at this moment are having fun, dancing, hanging out and getting smashed. Good times are being had at this moment and unfortunately some of us don't get to experience it on the two days we know for sure where things are going down and happening.

DayvanCowboy said:
Unacceptance said:
Hi.

Well, most days besides Friday and Saturday have many MANY people spending time getting things done in their lives or spending time with the family. Maybe even talking to someone on the phone but those days don't have the same vibes as Friday and Saturday does.

People at this moment are having fun, dancing, hanging out and getting smashed. Good times are being had at this moment and unfortunately some of us don't get to experience it on the two days we know for sure where things are going down and happening.

Why does their distraction make it more lonely than normal though?

I'm kind of confused as to why this matters.

Welcome Niki.

Unacceptance said:
DayvanCowboy said:
Unacceptance said:
Hi.

Why does their distraction make it more lonely than normal though?

I'm kind of confused as to why this matters.

It probably doesn't matter for some. Then for others it can become more of a reminder of how alone they are.

welcome niki. Its good that you have good friends... its not the amount of friends that you have that matters, its the quality. =) treasure them =)

Unacceptance said:
Hi.

Because Friday & Saturdays r when everyone else is with friends & doin all tht fun stuff, so it hurts the most to be lonely then. Most ppl r busy on the weekdays w school or work. It just bothers me the most to be alone on the weekends!
i was soo glad my friend asked me to hang out today finally....Saturdays r the worst to be alone, i think!

SadRabbit said:
welcome niki. Its good that you have good friends... its not the amount of friends that you have that matters, its the quality. =) treasure them =)

Thanks, that is true! =)
but i just sometimes wanna be one of those ppl whos practically friends with EVERYONE & knows someone everywhere they go....

Lonelyheartsxx said:
Thanks, that is true! =)
but i just sometimes wanna be one of those ppl whos practically friends with EVERYONE & knows someone everywhere they go....

My roommate is that kind of person, yea I dun know if I would want that, it would be like being famous, people recognizing you wherever you are,lol

Welcome (back) to the forum btw

hummm haha having too many people knowing you is kinda of bad really...look at those celebrities....no freedom at all.

Latest posts

Back