Warfare of the Heart

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnknown

Reaction score
Preface: The last time I was heard from, I apparently retired from "The Game of The Mind" that was plaguing me in the worst way possible. Anyone that reads this thread should have a basic knowledge of my thread "The Game of The Mind" to fully comprehend the events that I am about to unveil to you.

Ok well last time you heard, my lady issue was obviously that I liked this girl but never knew how she felt. Well I had a friend tell me that she was talking smack about me (which as you know in my case, is a nightmare in itself.) Almost exploding I confronted and asked nicely, apparently it was a hoax because, well.... She told me that when we first knew each other for the first few weeks that she had a crush on me. I confessed it too and it was out there. She ended up not pursing it obviously because she has a boyfriend and she said that our views conflict alot (as newbirth said in old thread) and that it is relationship suicide in her viewpoint. I called her on it and apologized that she felt that way about my views and then she ended up saying that it wasn't that as much as her being known to have commitment issues in past relationships and didn't want to put me through that considering how most of her relationships never last that long. Then she said that she didn't want to think of anyone but her bf while they are dating, out of respect for him and she said no disrespect to me. She then told me of the different ways she had to cover up the crush to her friends and even her boyfriend by telling them there was no feelings. She even complemented me on all the good things about me. Then that was it - after her anxiety attack over her thinking I hated her. We talked a bit more and then it returned to normal the next day. Now I feel like i'm waiting in line for a ride and I don't know what to say or what to do. How I should be feeling or what I should be feeling. I still want to pursue her but we just still act like friends but now that's out in the open. It's a pretty slow death on my part and I could use any advice you guys can offer. Please?

Why not talk to other girls who would treat you with more respect? Maybe after some time you would see there are better things out there than this game you're playing.

Because in all honesty - I don't really know that many other women.... and at this point this year is looking pretty dead to any other options. I only want this girl anyway. I really don't have the patience to try to find someone - befriend them - then go through the troubles of what they think of me. I have an over analytical mind so that is like death. I already made it pretty far into this game and i just want to know what there is to do. It's like getting some rope to grab onto then have it pulled away from you. I'm waiting in line because there are no other lines open. I wish I didn't have to wait. I just want someone already.

Wow, the lack of responses was discouraging... I realize I probably look stupid asking for help on here now. Sorry.

TheUnknown said:
Wow, the lack of responses was discouraging... I realize I probably look stupid asking for help on here now. Sorry.

TU..you're not stupid..however..I think everyone that could respond..did respond. You've read a lot of opinions on how to proceed. Now.. the rest is up to you.

TheUnknown said:
Because in all honesty - I don't really know that many other women.... and at this point this year is looking pretty dead to any other options. I only want this girl anyway. I really don't have the patience to try to find someone - befriend them - then go through the troubles of what they think of me. I have an over analytical mind so that is like death. I already made it pretty far into this game and i just want to know what there is to do. It's like getting some rope to grab onto then have it pulled away from you. I'm waiting in line because there are no other lines open. I wish I didn't have to wait. I just want someone already.

Hmm... there are people who like/need to be in a relationship despite who they're in the relationship with, and there are people who hold out until they find the "right one". Which one are you? Do you really want to be someone's 2nd best? If you meant so much to her she would break up with the guy and go out with you. You deserve better.

I lost this thread or I would've replied. You don't look stupid asking for help on here but what I don't understand is why you're asking for help when you've already made up your mind about what you're going to do.

TheUnknown said:

Well, I'm thinking about taking the plunge and just straight up putting everything on the line... to see what happens. Should I try to break tradition and see what happens?

Well I did all I could do - finally manned up and in the end, ended up getting shot down. There is no longer a game of the mind, all is clear. There is no longer a warfare of the heart, because I have my answer. This concludes everything I've said up to now. Thanks to everyone who has helped me in both threads. I should have been smarter. Now I can start healing and hopefully meet a new friend who someday might just be more.

Forever Grateful,
The Unknown.

Latest posts

Back