Was I meant to be lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fvantom

Reaction score
It seems every single time something goes right or things start to get better, something comes along to screw it all up, usually in increasingly blunt ways, its as if theres some force trying to keep me from being happy

Fvantom said:
It seems every single time something goes right or things start to get better, something comes along to screw it all up, usually in increasingly blunt ways, its as if theres some force trying to keep me from being happy

I know exactly how you feel!! :( Maybe we were bad people in a past life or something.

Naww guys... nobody was meant to be lonely! I think that every single human on earth has the capacity to be lonely, whether or not that capacity is filled or not, well.. that's up to a lot of things. chance. happenstance. choice partially. but indeed, sometimes all you can do is hope for the future, and I honestly know how you guys feel, it's been one thing after another, progressively getting worse, cumulating in the death of a family member, and potentially not stopping there. It could very well not get worse, but I hope for the future that things won't.

I don’t think anyone’s meant to be lonely. But I do believe many of us will remain lonely for the rest of our lives. I don’t stand a hop in hell of ever having a partner unless someone invents a cure for gayness.

Maybe not exactly *meant* but someone out there sure does like to make it hard for some people. Sorry.

SophiaGrace said:
Maybe you have low self esteem or suffer from depression?

Well I know I have self esteem issues and thats caused largly by my past, Im depressed as hell but Im almost certain its not clinical depression

Fvantom said:

I know what you mean. I tend not to get that excited when good things happen because I know things will go wrong. I'm thinking 'this is too good to be true !' - I am usually right !

I feel like loneliness is my destiny. As much as I try to change it, in the end, I am still alone.

I ask myself this same question all the time! But then I see some of the people with friends, wives, girlfriends etc. and some of them behave like complete and utter morons so I think to myself "Surely...if someone like THAT can have friends then there is no reason why I can't!" *sigh* I dunno lol...I guess some people were born with "the gift" (as I call it) and others (like myself) have to work a little bit harder than others for what we want. We just have to hang in there, even when things seem to go awry.

I'm not a religious person
but I refuse to believe that there's a God who says:
"I've made enough happy people, so now for balance I'll make some miserable ones too"

I just think we're stuck doing something wrong.

Latest posts

Back