wasted chance this afternoon

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
After work today, I walked to the golf course. On the way I saw this customer I have had my eye on. We were only about 10 yards away from each other. I sort of lifted my hand in an half arsed wave. I didn't think she would recognize me. She did though and said 'hi', so I said 'hi' back.

I carried on walking and she went a different way. I thought how easy it could have been to stop and talk to her and ask her out. I didn't though. I don't see any signs she likes me, none at all. That was why I carried on walking.

warewolf95 said:
story of my life

sorry to hear that.

i might bump into her again though.

there is this other one who gives me big smiles.

i might get round to asking them out. I am not massively into them but beggers cant be choosers.

i have in the past gone upto women I barely know and asked them on dates. It is always risky but if it's women your not going to meet again (co workers for example) then it might be worth the risk

You may see her again! Next time just ask her how she is, try to think of mutual things to speak about, maybe golf in this case :p

Will she back for another round of golf?

If so then make sure you club her next time ;)

dannyr22 said:
You may see her again! Next time just ask her how she is, try to think of mutual things to speak about, maybe golf in this case :p

i did mention i play golf to her. She didn't take much interest.

The worker / customer thing isn't great anyway because you don't always get chance to talk and it's always busy. I usually get about one minute to chat because there is a queue of customers.

Like I said, bumping into her outside work was ideal opportunity and I didn't do anything. Mainly because I don't know her well enough.

At least you waved to her and said hi. It would have been easy to have ignored her, but you were brave enough not to do that.

Tiina63 said:
At least you waved to her and said hi. It would have been easy to have ignored her, but you were brave enough not to do that.

yes i suppose I did :)

I know it's easy for me to say, but you should have approached her and tried to start up a conversation. That's how you will get to know if she is interested.

If you make the right impressions you'll probably score, make it to first base, etc. Thats what dating is. Alls fair in love and war? Its just a superficial game of impressions, strategies, and social politics. Its supposed to be a necessary step towards marriage, but these days it's more of a step backwards.

Anything more then this is futile and will lead to heartbreak. Give it long enough and you'll see each other as you really are.

Of course if you want a wife, you'll have to be the guy with a good job and lots of money.

So you can be the guy she want to build a life with, or the dangerous bad boy alpha male she secretly fantasizes about.

Ask her out? Really? Like really? She was bound to laugh and say no. Don't give anyone that sort of power trip. When people reject others, it gives them a feeling of control and superiority. If I were dating, I would never ask anyone out. NEVER.

Unwanted94 said:
Ask her out? Really? Like really? She was bound to laugh and say no. Don't give anyone that sort of power trip. When people reject others, it gives them a feeling of control and superiority. If I were dating, I would never ask anyone out. NEVER.

Good look with that plan.

I saw her today, she was in my shop but I didn't get to serve her. I was within a few feet serving someone else and she didn't glance in my direction or say 'hello'

I don't think she is interested to be honest.

There are probably 100 women customers who do say 'hello' to me and make the effort.

Maybe you are right and she isn't interested. Or maybe she is shy herself and so avoided looking at you. There is someone I am crazy on and I would definitely avoid looking at her.

I used to think 'maybe they are shy' - years ago. It was always something to fall back on when women didn't notice me.

I was talking to this little old lady. She left the shop and came back a few minutes later to tell me she won't be coming in next week ! - that's an example of someone thinking about me I think. Not someone who fails to even glance in my direction.

Best approach: Tell her that you attribute your excellent golfing style to your balls.

passage said:
Unwanted94 said:

Good look with that plan.

Eh. It's not a plan. I don't need a plan. I'm staying single. By choice,and not by choice. Love doesn't exist anymore. Good luck with YOUR plan,sir.

After telling her about your "excellent golfing style", say to her, "you know, I'd like to meet you for lunch sometime. Would you like that?" If she says yes, then ask her for her phone number. Just remember this one thing: Even though you instigate the conversation, and steer it toward a lunch date, SHE is actually the one who CHOOSES, not you. You may be single (by choice), but when it comes to actually hanging out with a woman, the woman is the one who actually "chooses" to bless you with her company. Make no mistake about that.

What I'm saying here is this; If you are attracted to the girl, then you really need to "man-up", and ask her out (to lunch, for a drink, etc.) for a casual date. Nothing huge, something simple. She may say no, but that won't kill you. I'm willing to bet that she won't bite you. This is the game. She gives you a sign, and you act on that sign. You may not even know that she gave you a sign, but if you like her, there's a good possibility that she subliminally gave you a sign. We men are sometimes just too ignorant to notice. OR...do nothing, and wish that you had asked her out. For every 10 women you ask out, 1 will say yes (in most cases). Nothing like going through life with both feet firmly planted in mid air! lol

I don't really like her enough to 'ask her out'.

I've asked women out before, I am not that useless !

Latest posts

Back