Wearing Masks - Rural vs Urban

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many things we don’t like doing but we have to anyway, for public safety And other reasos. For example, being felt up by security and taking our shoes off. We wear seat belts without bribing about freedom, try getting out of the ticket by telling cop “I don’t care if I die in the crash”. Richard, I too have some deep thoughts on this topic, more than I can ever type out, cuz I truly hate writing. You are right about slowing the flow. In the US, “ freedom” states recklessly spread the virus beyond infrastructure to handle the sick. Started shipping sick to states who can manage, causing disruptions in these states. Mandates are as good as people obeying, which is hit or miss, depending where you live. People are tired of measures, but majority was tired of it after few days and decided to go all out against the rules. I would like to point out, that Covid affect us more than just personal illness or death. In hot spots, if all employees got sick, you will not be able to get their service. In my city, 911 operators had an outbreak, 19 in total were sick. Your house will burn down if you calls are not answered. Also, drinking water in my area is treated with liquid oxygen, which ran low due to horrible covid hospitalization rate. We were asked to conserve water or reach boil water stage. I read it in the paper, I received robo call, and then a mailer. We all did. What did I see walking around the block, 3 neighbors watering the lawn which was, alongside pressure and car washing, specific water saving measure stated by the utility co.
For all these who tout their strong immunity and not being afraid of covid, think how others illnesses may come to bite you on the cheeks. S are thing goes for far away countries who nowadays manufacture stuff we buy. If you can’t find it, or price tripled due to supply and demand, it maybe covid related. I am a big picture person, it’s a curse 😂
nanana Cult of Personality...dun du du dun!
Lol Sorry, wrestling tangent because of the first phrase. The following is a message from CM Punk ;-)
I agree about the aggressivity, on both sides of the argument. I wont comment much on this entire thread because there's a lot to discuss, it's a very complex subject, except to say that many people on both sides are bringning very simplistic solutions to a very complex problem that can't be solved by one opinion or the next. For example, my province had lockdown and mandatory masks, and yadda yadda. Did it solve the problem? Nope, cases are flaring up again, it just took longer.
I think many people also went in thinking that all those measures were designed to eradicate the virus. They really werent. They were designed to slow the flow of people overloading the hospitals. Because had that happened, as it happened elsewhere, things would have gotten much worse, more quickly.
I think the arguments of freedom vs mandatory makes valid points on both sides, sometimes. I also think it has disturbing excesses on both sides.
And...I'll leave it at that lol. People can pm me if they really want a four page dissertation with my unimportant opinion 😇
It's not really a complex issue. We've had outbreaks before. The only difference this time was Trump. He didn't want to panic the stock market. That was going to be the issue on which he was going to run his re-election on. Now we have people acting against the interests of the country. We have Fox news telling people masks don't work, since this is a fecal/oral spread disease; that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are better options than vaccines. In the mean time we have hospitals filling up to the point that they are at close to double capacity and medical staff that won't get vaccinated. We have more dead from this in South Dakota than South Korea. It's not a complex issue.

Here's my vaccine card and it's not political. I follow my inner voice not the crowds or the lying, cheating, theiving politicians.

iu

Here's my vaccine card and it's not political. I follow my inner voice not the crowds or the lying, cheating, theiving politicians.

iu
Go hold sick people’s hand without a mask. I hear ICU’s are getting full again. I see in your posts you are ok with dying, just tell them DNR. Your inner voice sounds like politicians who are telling you masks are useles, and vaccines don’t work.

From what I've heard, the newest outbreaks are coming from rural areas. And yes, people in rural areas are probably less likely to wear masks, though I only have experience with rural areas, since that's where I live and I have no reason to go into bigger cities right now.
IMO, rural area people are generally more accepting of people because it's not as fast paced in those areas. We take our time for the most part.

As for the masks, I think it has something to do with the mindset of people. "Freedom" "guns for all" etc etc. It all falls in line with the lack of wearing masks. I know a lot of people who refuse to wear a mask. I also know a lot of people who will not social distance. My Facebook feed is full of "friends" posting pics of parties they have, taking selfies with everyone, their faces right next to each other. Personally, I think they are selfish. It's such a little **** thing that could help slow the spread and potentially save a life.

If America would have locked down...all the **** way down, only hospitals open...this would have been over a long ass time ago. Two weeks (more for those that get it, maybe) and it would be over. But no, the government (federal and state) pussyfooted around and now seven months later, people are annoyed and (even more) not doing what they should and it's getting worse.
The heaviest COVID death tolls are currently occurring in counties that supported Tubby the Toddler. The rural counties that have been consistently pulverized with right wing propaganda for the past 35 years. The brainwashed cult. The part of America I live in..

Go hold sick people’s hand without a mask. I hear ICU’s are getting full again. I see in your posts you are ok with dying, just tell them DNR. Your inner voice sounds like politicians who are telling you masks are useles, and vaccines don’t work.

Okay, so let me see if I have this correct. It's NOT okay to own guns or decide whether or not you put toxic chemicals that may or may not (increasingly showing it is "may not") protect you from a virus, but it is 100% okay to abort a baby....well, I guess prochoice only applies to certain things, huh?
And how many people, including the president and the president's doctor came out and said that people are vaccinated don't have to wear masks? lol, yeah, that wasn't exactly such a great idea, was it? I guess neither side has all the answers....

Brainwashed parrot displaying attention seeking behavior.

One could say the same of you.....

I follow my inner voice not the crowds or the lying, cheating, theiving politicians.

Good idea, the lying, cheating, thieving politicians tell you masks are useless, the vaccine is a fraud and the virus is a political plot. The crowd just follows along with that.

Okay, so let me see if I have this correct. It's NOT okay to own guns or decide whether or not you put toxic chemicals that may or may not (increasingly showing it is "may not") protect you from a virus, but it is 100% okay to abort a baby....well, I guess prochoice only applies to certain things, huh?
And how many people, including the president and the president's doctor came out and said that people are vaccinated don't have to wear masks? lol, yeah, that wasn't exactly such a great idea, was it? I guess neither side has all the answers....

One could say the same of you.....
So you just combined and summarized several of my posts and dropped it here? I will stick to the topic, something something about hijacking and derailing the debate.

its really mind boggling that masses expect doctors to predict the future when dealing with novel virus, and just stick to what they said despite of changing stats and facts. I am just a layman who follows developments closely so I will lay it out as I know the facts to be.

First, no mask was due to assumption that covid 19 is behaving like other covid viruses and we were told of sick stay home. After learning that new virus transmits asymptomatically and it’s airborne they told us to wear a mask. Anyone who had a droplet of someones spit land on their face should understand that mask will protect from that. However, cloth mask will not 100% prevent aerosolized virus from entering, but of everyone would wear it, it would reduce the reach especially if there is distancing and short time exposure. SARS and MERS were deadlier, but did not spread asymptomatically, thus they were contained.

Second, the mask off was before Delta. Original vaccines were made covid-19, not for variants. At the time of its creation they did not know if and how virus will mutate. The vaccine still holds enough protection from serious illness. From all the prominent people who got infected no one died, while many antivaxx have.

Trassmition definitely depend on population density and type of community. There should be no surprise that NY city where public transportation is a must for many has to have stricter rules that a village of 100 homes. Tourist destinations have viruses brough into the community on daily basis However, of viruses gets into a small community, it could ravage it. With many rural communities without hospitals It is prudent to follow advice rather than “I don’t know anyone who got Covid“

Lambda mutant was of concern, but it fizzled out. Now Omicron has large number of mutations, 50 I believe, 32 on the spike. They are learning now, it seem to be more transmissible but learning is in progress. Scientist are giving advice, but as usual people will do what they do, accept, ignore or go all out into rabbit hole of random person told me to use magic dirt.

I am so beyond caring, but when I see bullshit like vaccinated are taineted and non vaxx are pure blood, I thank God I don’t believe in for not owning a gun.

The experts continued to say that the unvaccinated people were the evil ones spreading the virus around. Some still do. Well, until they realized that the vaccinated people who were told they couldn't spread it actual were because they behaved as they did before Covid as instructed. The experts are continually wrong because they are just making guesses and treating them as facts. Then MAJOR govenmental pollicies are being made, killing economies, based on these guesses.

The mutations are happening in people with weakened immune systems whether they are vacinated or not. Healthy immune systems see the virus and destroy it. Humans have been on this planet a long time without vaccines. It's like the government is convincing people that only the "experts" can save them not their own bodies. I don't bash anybody who gets the Covid vaccine. I believe in vaccinations and have received many. It's about time for me to get another tetanus shot. But, I choose not to get the Covid vaccine. I'm curious if the government will eventually require it in order to buy gas or groceries. Then I'll be in a corner. :)

Last edited:
I could see at some point having to show proof of vaccinations for any financial transaction. I.E. Needing to register your vaccination proof with a bank so you can use their credit/debit cards. I think the politicians have proven that nothing is off the table.

It's seems to be really frustrating many people that some are being forced to be vaccinated while others are able to not be. "I had to do it so you should too." So, as Covid continues on more and more policies will be created in order to force nearly everybody to be vaccinated. I'm so on the fringes that it'll be interesting how they try to force people like me to get vaccinated.

Maybe they'll wait until I go to sleep, like in the body snatchers, and stab me with the needle. Ha! ha!

The experts continued to say that the unvaccinated people were the evil ones spreading the virus around. Some still do. Well, until they realized that the vaccinated people who were told they couldn't spread it actual were because they behaved as they did before Covid as instructed.

That seems close to the questionable assumption that the propaganda media is promoting. That those that believe the virus is a real danger are abandoning all safeguards because they are vaccinated and those that believe that the virus is basically a political fraud are being safe by following the recommended safeguards.

^ Not everybody. But, I personally heard several people say that they were safe because they were vacinated so they could then do all their normal activities and visit their elderly parents because they couldn't spread Covid as they were told at the time. Also a neighbor lady came over to talk with me while I was doing yard work. She is caring for her old sick mother. I told her not to get to close to me because I was not vaccinated. She said it was okay because all of them were. Early on the experts promoted the vaccine as if it was a cure. So, many people have continued to believe that.

I've also watched people out in public. First they seemed bullet proof when wearing masks until it was magically discovered that masks didn't work as well as expected. Then they seemed bullet proof after the first vaccinations until that was discovered to not be the cure.

Also there is a very wide array of why people have and have not gotten vaccinated. Personally, I think all the political parties are full of lying, cheating, theiving politicians who only say and promote stuff to help themselves out. I don't care what any of them have to say. The promoted experts are only focused on vaccinations, which I agree, is the best macro solution. However, they have zero care or consideration for the micro, or individual, problems. In fact they seem to be hiding negative stuff to keep from scaring the masses. I personally know of two nurses who got vaccinated and got deathly ill shortly after that. If I know of two then there must be many thousands at least. Yet, they weren't on the news. The only thing that is ever promoted is how safe the vaccinations are and how one might get a mild reaction from them.

The experts continued to say that the unvaccinated people were the evil ones spreading the virus around. Some still do. Well, until they realized that the vaccinated people who were told they couldn't spread it actual were because they behaved as they did before Covid as instructed. The experts are continually wrong because they are just making guesses and treating them as facts. Then MAJOR govenmental pollicies are being made, killing economies, based on these guesses.

The mutations are happening in people with weakened immune systems whether they are vacinated or not. Healthy immune systems see the virus and destroy it. Humans have been on this planet a long time without vaccines. It's like the government is convincing people that only the "experts" can save them not their own bodies. I don't bash anybody who gets the Covid vaccine. I believe in vaccinations and have received many. It's about time for me to get another tetanus shot. But, I choose not to get the Covid vaccine. I'm curious if the government will eventually require it in order to buy gas or groceries. Then I'll be in a corner. :)
I am already tired of this, my sympathy to experts who keep telling us over and over till blue in the face. Vaccines were made for original virus and were effective for Alpha. Antibodies neutralized virus effectively and unvaxxed did not spread. Then came Delta, ravaged India where vaccines were unavailable. When delta showed up in vaccinated countries they were able to study and as you know, vaxxed are now subject to being infected and generate enough virus to spread. And you are right about immunocompromised. However, any time virus replicates it could mutate. The question now is do we try to save people with any medicine, vaccine or just let the fittest survive. Surviving is not the only thing to consider. Covid is a nasty long term illness, per my mailman who had it pre vaccine. He is a black guy, historically more skeptical but and got himself and kids vaxxed as soon as it was available. After 4 weeks of covid, my friends unvaccinated brother in law, was pulled off the ventilator. Truly agonizing time for the family, will he or won’t he. It’s truly agonizing time for healthcare workers, just pure chaos. 800k died so far. 100k died from overdoses. No telling how many more died from other illnesses, suicide etc. And if we think we have shortage of workers now, just wait… It’s now clear that both natural and vaxx induced immunity are very short term. When you add infected and vaxxed we are nowhere near herd. To get there, we need be there at the same time.

^ Okay...... I've heard all of that too. However, I've never heard or read about how long natural immunity specifically lasts. BTW, if you do research, natural and vaxx immunity uses different mechanisms in the body. I'm not talking about live and dead virus exposure either. Our immune systems don't use a simple lock and key mechanism as has been touted. There are different ways for our bodies to identify and react. Some doctors, from what I read, have said that the vaccines being used will keep the body from using the variety of methods to identify and attack the virus. While nature immunity will use whatever it deems best. So, it's quite possible that the virus mutates to a point where the body won't react in the people who have been vaccinated while the healthy unvaccinated people will. Sure, they'll try to create another vaccination. Maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't. But, at least for now. My body is working just fine. So, I'll let it do it's thing. I'm fairly sure I've gotten Covid at least once, probably twice, due to the variations. IMO, WAY more people are and have been infected without being counted. So, natural immunity has to be working for a lot of people. The problem is that many unvaccinated unhealthy people think that are healthy when in reality they are not. Those people should get vaccinated.

^ Not everybody. But, I personally heard several people say that they were safe because they were vacinated so they could then do all their normal activities and visit their elderly parents because they couldn't spread Covid as they were told at the time. Also a neighbor lady came over to talk with me while I was doing yard work. She is caring for her old sick mother. I told her not to get to close to me because I was not vaccinated. She said it was okay because all of them were. Early on the experts promoted the vaccine as if it was a cure. So, many people have continued to believe that.

I've also watched people out in public. First they seemed bullet proof when wearing masks until it was magically discovered that masks didn't work as well as expected. Then they seemed bullet proof after the first vaccinations until that was discovered to not be the cure.

Also there is a very wide array of why people have and have not gotten vaccinated. Personally, I think all the political parties are full of lying, cheating, theiving politicians who only say and promote stuff to help themselves out. I don't care what any of them have to say. The promoted experts are only focused on vaccinations, which I agree, is the best macro solution. However, they have zero care or consideration for the micro, or individual, problems. In fact they seem to be hiding negative stuff to keep from scaring the masses. I personally know of two nurses who got vaccinated and got deathly ill shortly after that. If I know of two then there must be many thousands at least. Yet, they weren't on the news. The only thing that is ever promoted is how safe the vaccinations are and how one might get a mild reaction from them.
Lol, politicians were first in line to get vaccinated ie Marco Rubio ahead of vulnerable. Trump, despite having Covid got vaxx in secret, what a pussy! Now he can’t tell his Maga to get it without getting booed lol. Remarkable reverse leadership. Governments all over the world are very aware of havoc of covid, they are desperate to end it. Yet, no end in site.

^ I think everybody can agree Covid and the reactions from Covid have been a real mess. It's going to be an even bigger mess when the next Virus hits. We seem to have put all of our effort and resources into this Crisis. The next one will be interesting.

So, many people have continued to believe that.

That seems to be a continuing thing. As the medical people learn and adapt, there are those that cling to outdated advice that has been retracted, because it aligns best with what they want to believe. That seems to be largely those that never had any trust in science to begin with because Rush explained to us that science is one of the four pillars of deceit.

Still we need to be careful about making conclusions based on anecdotal evidence.

The vaccine was never a cure, it was a preventive measure. Sure it was hoped that it could stop the spread but it was never going to cure the disease.

I think all the political parties are full of lying, cheating, theiving politicians who only say and promote stuff to help themselves out.

I can't disagree with you there.

^ I think everybody can agree Covid and the reactions from Covid have been a real mess. It's going to be an even bigger mess when the next Virus hits. We seem to have put all of our effort and resources into this Crisis. The next one will be interesting.
Agree. I can understand people not wanting the vaccine, and it’s fear for the most part. When we were kids, they jabbed us no questions asked, no screams of freedom. So why this vaccine? mRNA? J&J is not. If it’s a personal choice, why is there a conspiracy machine trying to convince people to fear it. Don’t want it - just shut up, stop the fear mongering. It amazing what people are willing to put in their body, as long as it’s NOT a vaccine. Why is it so political? Is it to screw Biden agenda, since he made it a priority? They sure are clearing old folk from federal budgets, who cares if you love your parents and grandparents. All the pundits on Fox News are vaccinated and covid protocols are followed. Newsmax too, in fact one talking head quit over it. Then they go on to rant against vaccine mandates. Why?

Latest posts

Back