Weird? Maybe.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer8

Reaction score
I tend to have a lot of sarcasm,and posess a dark sense of humor. A lot of people namely,my peers at college seem to not get it,so when I speak,they tend to either,A. Ignore me, or B. The room falls silent when I make a dark humor based joke,or one that's a little edgy,or intellectual.

I've never really fit in with any social group.

I'm a little older than my peers,(about 2 years), but their immaturity level combined with their stereotypical college kid demeanor make it hard for me to relate,or even really befriend them. I'm not saying I'm any better than them (however,a fort building incident with the lobby furniture makes me think otherwise sometimes...) but I just can't shake their wanting to osterosize me for being different.

I guess I can be classified as the artsy,dork,dark,overweight type. I tend to show interest in politics,the arts,and deliniate from the mainstream.
I don't try to fit in,seeing as though I can't. I pride myself on my individuality,but at the same time,I can't help but to feel as though I'm back in high school all over again,looking at how people have set up cliques and such.

Haha...I have quite a wicked sense of sarcasm as well. ^_^ lol don't feel alone about that! All the time, I'll say something sarcastic, but for some reason when it comes out of my mouth it seems do convincing that other often don't recognize it as sarcasm! :p So don't worry...that's not something that makes you BAD, it's something that makes you UNIQUE.

dreamer8 said:
I guess I can be classified as the artsy,dork,dark,overweight type.

Stop right now! Don't classify yourself or shove your personality into preset social boxes. That's destructive...I think you have a LOT more potential and personality than you think you do. :D

----Steve

Ask Badjedidude and he'll tell you I'm known for my sarcasm among other things. That being said, I don't consider you weird. Doing so would make me weird and I prefer being ignorant of that fact.

oarivan said:
Ask Badjedidude and he'll tell you I'm known for my sarcasm among other things. That being said, I don't consider you weird. Doing so would make me weird and I prefer being ignorant of that fact.

Lol.
Thank you you two. You've truely brought a little light to my day.

^_^ It can be if continually misunderstood/misinterpreted. Just wait until the next time you tell someone you wish all puppies were murdered...and then have everyone think that you're serious about it. XD True story.

----Steve

Sarcasm, when used correctly, is a very powerful communication device. Rarely do people truly understand sarcasm and initial reactions can range from confused silence to annoyance to rage. With that said, don't ever feel pressured to appeal to their sensibilities. I've found that in most cases, you're making yourself memorable, and what you do have to say is probably going to remain with them a little longer than not. Just my 2 cents.

dreamer8 said:
I tend to have a lot of sarcasm,and posess a dark sense of humor. A lot of people namely,my peers at college seem to not get it,so when I speak,they tend to either,A. Ignore me, or B. The room falls silent when I make a dark humor based joke,or one that's a little edgy,or intellectual.

I'm a little older than my peers,(about 2 years), but their immaturity level combined with their stereotypical college kid demeanor make it hard for me to relate,or even really befriend them. I'm not saying I'm any better than them (however,a fort building incident with the lobby furniture makes me think otherwise sometimes...) but I just can't shake their wanting to osterosize me for being different.

I guess I can be classified as the artsy,dork,dark,overweight type. I tend to show interest in politics,the arts,and deliniate from the mainstream.
I don't try to fit in,seeing as though I can't. I pride myself on my individuality,but at the same time,I can't help but to feel as though I'm back in high school all over again,looking at how people have set up cliques and such.

you are my type, nice.

i just got out of a relationship with a girl who was obsessed with pop music, and sitcoms, and had to talk like every 18 year old (she was 28), and HAD TO BE mainstream. she loathed everything about my sense of difference from the dislike of rampant consumerism to heavy metal. she hated "alice in chains" (is that even possible? really?) what a piece of work!

anyway, when i date again in the future (when i'm like 50 years old and emotionally healed), definitely staying away from "mainstream" chick! ughhh

sorry to virtually hit on you, i've become less inhibited in my old age! and given the relative anonymity of the internet, hey why not? :D

Just_Some_Dude said:
dreamer8 said:

you are my type, nice.

i just got out of a relationship with a girl who was obsessed with pop music, and sitcoms, and had to talk like every 18 year old (she was 28), and HAD TO BE mainstream. she loathed everything about my sense of difference from the dislike of rampant consumerism to heavy metal. she hated "alice in chains" (is that even possible? really?) what a piece of work!

anyway, when i date again in the future (when i'm like 50 years old and emotionally healed), definitely staying away from "mainstream" chick! ughhh

sorry to virtually hit on you, i've become less inhibited in my old age! and given the relative anonymity of the internet, hey why not? :D

Seriously? She hated Alice In Chains? I love Alice in Chains. I also love really heavy metal. =D
Also,PM me sometime.

Latest posts

Back