Welcome Valentine Cathedral

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumbs

Reaction score
Settle in your seats
the ceremony will begin soon
here they come
the ones who have found their chimes

Look and gaze
they are the happiest in the world
give nothing more than your best
luck and love so certainly

see the rice fall
just a little further
see them all go
just as far as you can dream
yourself
yourself
yourself

Happy V day folks,
I wonder if you spend it as drunk and alone as i am : \

In the spirit of the season it's time to oppress members of the ministry, now, which clergymen would like to head to the guillotine first?

Unacceptance said:
In the spirit of the season it's time to oppress members of the ministry, now, which clergymen would like to head to the guillotine first?

[youtube]XFGrQMD6Uqc[/youtube]

pretty much almost everyone listed :D

Thumbs said:
Unacceptance said:

[youtube]XFGrQMD6Uqc[/youtube]

pretty much almost everyone listed :D

[youtube]mE--ehEUg5I[/youtube]

Oh yeah!

Unacceptance said:

All (worshipers of death)/(believers in an afterlife)?

What does this have to do with Valentines? Or did I miss something?

Oh and I actually just watched your signature. I like it.....

Skorian said:
All (worshipers of death)/(believers in an afterlife)?

What does this have to do with Valentines? Or did I miss something?

Oh and I actually just watched your signature. I like it.....

I think we just had one of those durr moments and went off in a different direction to get away from V-Day subject. That and (as previously mentioned) I was vary drunk at the time (But I'm better now!:D).
I can't say that I've ever really gotten used to Valentine's day. It used to be the day where you went around the classroom telling everybody you love em and you want to be 'fwends'. As an adult, it seems like an obscure holiday and i'm just jealous that everyone else seems to get something out of it.

Unacceptance said:
It was a statement referencing the roots of the Holiday. Duh.

Care to give a history lesson? Or throw up a good link as to how Valentines came to be?

Skorian said:
Unacceptance said:
It was a statement referencing the roots of the Holiday. Duh.

Care to give a history lesson? Or throw up a good link as to how Valentines came to be?

Saint Valentine got put down for refusing to give up love and/or Christianity.

There's always google to go more in depth...

THE LINK

I love Roman history. But **** then for giving us this.

And yes Thumbs, I plane on getting drunk to night and alone :( Its currently only 9 in the morning here at the minute so is no time for drinking, YET.

I found an informative video on the founding of Valentines.

Hmmmm. I knew that Christmas is actually the winter solstice.

Didn't know Easter is the spring equinox.

And Valentines is a pagan holiday too?

People believe crazy things and can't see it. Always baffles me how easy it is to mess with people if you really want to.

Well this Holiday is not really about belief. In less you don't believe in history. All that valentines day is, is a celebration of the freedom to love one another. We made it to what it is to day. Its always boned to be a bit hard on the singletons of the world. Hence me just starting to drink the night away hah

Bluey said:
Well this Holiday is not really about belief. In less you don't believe in history. All that valentines day is, is a celebration of the freedom to love one another. We made it to what it is to day. Its always boned to be a bit hard on the singletons of the world. Hence me just starting to drink the night away hah

The comment on beliefs is a comment in regards to the video.

Ok watched it. But she is just explaining the meaning of valentines day. There is really nothing to believe. As I say, in less you don't believe the history. Witch is admittedly sketchy

Bluey said:
Ok watched it. But she is just explaining the meaning of valentines day. There is really nothing to believe. As I say, in less you don't believe the history. Witch is admittedly sketchy

Um, watch it closer. They believed a whole bunch of things.

Skorian said:
I found an informative video on the founding of Valentines.

Hmmmm. I knew that Christmas is actually the winter solstice.

Didn't know Easter is the spring equinox.

And Valentines is a pagan holiday too?

People believe crazy things and can't see it. Always baffles me how easy it is to mess with people if you really want to.

Every single "Christian" holiday has replaced something that belonged to another religion. In fact a lot of the Christian "stories" (mythology) bear striking resemblances to religions that were around way before it.

[youtube]Ub0KncJd6B4[/youtube]

[youtube]tQakqEYmd1U[/youtube]

[youtube]r9I3iNwWQCw[/youtube]

Ya, isn't it interesting that all their holidays are not based upon the times when things really happened.

Makes you wonder what else is a lie.

Skorian said:
Ya, isn't it interesting that all their holidays are not based upon the times when things really happened.

The benefit of being a skeptic.

Unacceptance said:
Skorian said:

It is always amazing to me how you can hear something 100s of times. Assume it must be true. Loo and behold one day you realize or find out it's crap.

What irks me though is when you find this out. Many people simply ignore you when you try to explain it to them too. They don't give a **** if something is correct or not.

Skorian said:
Unacceptance said:
Skorian said:

It is always amazing to me how you can hear something 100s of times. Assume it must be true. Loo and behold one day you realize or find out it's crap.

What irks me though is when you find this out. Many people simply ignore you when you try to explain it to them too. They don't give a **** if something is correct or not.

Yeah, making the average folk listen rarely works.

Latest posts

Back