Well hello there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmilingWaygook

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm an American teaching English in South Korea. I love my job. I love children and I really could see myself doing this for a long time -- there's one problem however. I'm cripplingly lonely once I get out of the school. I find myself instantly running to Facebook to see what my friends back home are up to, usually to find that they have not bothered to respond to my messages. My best friend in particular is going through a rough time -- fresh out of college and cannot find a job. It's the first time in his life things aren't going too great for him, and he's just buckling under the pressure. I'd like to help him but he isn't allowing me too. I'm half a world away and we're both on our own.

So I'm torn between continuing this lifestyle -- a job I love with next to no social life, or going home and facing the uncertainty of the job market in America. I've made some Korean friends and even dated a couple women, but our relationships seem so forced and I really just cannot keep it up.

Worst part is, I know what I can do to help myself overcome all this. Hiking helps a lot, but more and more I'm finding I have no motivation to do even that-- it just seems pointless if I don't have someone there to share the experience.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello. Things aren't too bad. I'm just incredibly weak willed, so it seems.

Latest posts

Back