Well, what to do now..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, were to start. Last summer I've met a girl from Canada who was travelling trough Europe. I ended up falling head over heels for her. She had something really special and I like to consider that was, even tho temporary maybe one of the best relationships I've had. Knowing that she had to leave and I wouldn't be seeing her again anytime soon really tore my heart in two. It's been 4 months since she left and I really don't know where I stand. Contact between us has pretty much withered away. I know she has her own responsibilities but that still hurts that it turned out like this. I think because of that I pretty much assume that this thing is not gonna work out. She hasn't talked to me addressing the matter so I really don't know how things are. I dread the day when I find out that she has met somebody new. Which is really selfish. It's maybe because of that fear that I want to leave it in the past. But I just feel like crap doing so. I'm alone at home all the time, I'm incapable of meeting new people and I'm just such a selfish little honeysuckle who needs to feel loved all the time. Why can't I just dissolve into nothing. I don't know what to do and it drives me up the walls.

Hello there.

Well firstly, sometimes keeping contact over a short distance between 2 people can be difficult, what more long distance. I think no matter what the situation, both sides have to want the consistent and frequent contact, otherwise things will just die out. It sucks that you can't have what you want right now and that you can't help being so into her - I know the feeling all too well.

However though in your case, you two didn't make an agreement of some sort to keep close contact and to keep the relationship "exclusive", or did you? Why don't you talk to her and address the matter again and see where she stands and what she thinks of this. Come to a mutual agreement on how to go forward so that neither of you are left hanging and both of you can try to move on, whichever way that is.

It's tough, SDF, I know. Matters of the heart always are. Good luck.

Since you're at home all the time, would there be a problem with trying to move to Canada?

Do you think she loves you enough to want this? Has she made it clear that she loves you?

I guess things happen that way.

[video=youtube]

Have you thought about visiting her? maybe write her a message hinting you may consider visiting her area etc. See how she responds to that..

I'm sorry you feel this way. I met this girl from out of town years ago. I wasn't into her at first, but It dawned on me later that she really is one after my heart. By then she was gone. She did want to meet up a couple times. I wished I would have taken up on that. It was probably the single most regrettable relationship move I made so far.

Hang in there, brother.

Tough break boss - one can hope that somehow you guys would make it work ... but it sounds like the chances of that are slim.

Don't take it too hard though - just think of your time with her as just a great time in your life! She probably never stopped liking you - life just got in the way and she had to come back to Canada. The cards just didn't play out in your favor (or as Mr. Cash so perfectly said - I guess things just happen that way) it happens all the time and you shouldn't take it personally.

I'm rooting for ya pal, and if it's in the cards that the two of you end up together then I wish you nothing but the best ... but try not to force it too hard - you'll likely end up more hurt than you needed to be.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Let me just point out that currently I just don't have the money to go to Canada. So even if I really really would love to go and see her, it's pretty much a non possibility. I'll talk to her about it tho, I need some peace of mind on this. She was/is pretty much the only person I see myself being with. And I miss her a lot but I'm starting to think this is not gonna pan out how I want to.

When both sides want it, there is no obstacle.
When only one, there is the impossible.

Latest posts

Back