West Yorkshire

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soup

Reaction score
As compelling as long term internet friendship sounds, I would rather make friends... closer to home, West Yorkshire to be more specific.

I don't mean to meet up with someone straight away... but to make friends online, then if the opportunity arises to meet up and get to know each other a little better. I am a little.. pessimistic about the ability to get to know someone through an Ethernet (or usb, if you're living in the 90s ;) ) cable. So anyone from the West Yorkshire area wish to chat, just drop a note here or PM me. :D

before people got 1-Paranoid and 2-Shallow it was very easy to meet people online. Especially if you were young. The early days of myspace and that I met quite a few people. People online seem to judge everyone who they don’t know in the real world as a weirdo or with suspicion. The only time you hear of people meeting online is through dating/cruising. So what I have found the past 5 years or so is if they don’t want to shag you they don’t want to know.

The thing is you have to take a chance. What harm to go for a coffee with someone? It can be a crowded place, you don’t have to give them your mobile and address and credit card details! Just meet at a star bucks or something, you will get along or you wont. If you do then hey! You made a new friend, if not nothing is lost.

If there someone online you think is cool then just go for coffee that’s the only way forward! (unless you and they are drinkers in which case go for a pint).

Soup said:
As compelling as long term internet friendship sounds, I would rather make friends... closer to home, West Yorkshire to be more specific.

I don't mean to meet up with someone straight away... but to make friends online, then if the opportunity arises to meet up and get to know each other a little better. I am a little.. pessimistic about the ability to get to know someone through an Ethernet (or usb, if you're living in the 90s ;) ) cable. So anyone from the West Yorkshire area wish to chat, just drop a note here or PM me. :D

This is not fair. I’m from Essex. If I was in west Yorkshire too we could have had a party.

PurpleDays said:
Ell-ohhh. M"names dannehhhh and am from yorrrrrksherrrrrr.

;)

I"m not from W. Yorks, I'm a Devonshire/Leicestershire lass.

I'm just lightheartedly teasing our vowel-elongating friend. :)

cumulus.james said:
before people got 1-Paranoid and 2-Shallow it was very easy to meet people online. Especially if you were young. The early days of myspace and that I met quite a few people. People online seem to judge everyone who they don’t know in the real world as a weirdo or with suspicion. The only time you hear of people meeting online is through dating/cruising. So what I have found the past 5 years or so is if they don’t want to shag you they don’t want to know.

The thing is you have to take a chance. What harm to go for a coffee with someone? It can be a crowded place, you don’t have to give them your mobile and address and credit card details! Just meet at a star bucks or something, you will get along or you wont. If you do then hey! You made a new friend, if not nothing is lost.

If there someone online you think is cool then just go for coffee that’s the only way forward! (unless you and they are drinkers in which case go for a pint).

Soup said:

I fail to see your point and how it relates at all to my original post.

I think the only thing I can take out of your post is that whenever someone talks to me online they want to have sex with me. Score. :club:

Purple, that sounded scarily like someone I used to know who also used to laugh at my accent.

If I knew what the Devonshire accent sounded like I would compose a sentence ripping it to shreds, but fortunately for you, I don't ;)

Well, this whole site IS for sex, you do know that right?

The moderators are actually glorified pimps.

And a Devon accent.... "Oi luhv moi cahhhhwh. Sheeee's cawlled Bessie an' oi lohves 'er I duz".... Think Russel Howard and Justin Lee Collins... That's the Brizzol accent and it's close to that.

Fortunately though, I was raised properly and don't have an accent.

Sozlol.

You were raised so well that now you suffer from loneliness and hope to self medicate by coming on a forum for lonely people.
'sozlol' :club:

Latest posts

Back