What activities do you do to cope with the fact you dont have friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes.

NewOrder2016 said:
Jafo said:
I stay in my room browsing the net, listen to my ipod. I also self medicate and cut myself. Ain't life grand?

How do you have the courage to cut yourself?
Doesnt it hurt?

Sometimes.

Jafo said:
Sometimes.

NewOrder2016 said:
Jafo said:
I stay in my room browsing the net, listen to my ipod. I also self medicate and cut myself. Ain't life grand?

How do you have the courage to cut yourself?
Doesnt it hurt?

Sometimes.

Can you teach me so I will be able to kill myself, if I happen to go to jail?

Do you do it with a shaving blade?

No, lets keep off such discussion.  We're not here to promote self harm or tell others how to do it.

Paraiyar said:
I do have friends but no relationship. Weed is how I cope nowadays.

Similar situation, except I prefer beer. If a reasonable looking person in his twenties can't find anyone then it's diffiicult don't see how I could.

ardour said:
Paraiyar said:
I do have friends but no relationship. Weed is how I cope nowadays.

Similar situation, except I prefer beer. If a reasonable looking person in his twenties can't find anyone then it's diffiicult don't see how I could.

I'm hoping my outlook changes some time soon.

NewOrder2016 said:
Hidden said:
I have two friends in real life but I see them very rarely (one time a some months). So I am alone.

What do I do to cope with loneliness? I spend very much time on the internet. I almost live on the internet. I try to find some interesting or entertaining things and websites, I try to find forums for talking. I still need some communication, so I use the internet. Only the internet provides my need for communication. Also I pass much the time playing computer games and listening to music.

You remind me of myself. Today I play video games less...

You should try to read funny books such as 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.

Luckily, we have the internet.. otherwise we would have felt so socially isolated.

Likewise, although in a Relationship there is very little 'closeness' and intimacy disappeared years ago.
I often sit in the corner of the front room and play multiplayer PC games.

Plus the Internet keeps me occupied for hours ...... oh and my best friend Sky+  :)

The only winners on this planet, are the ones who have the best women, steveuk ;(

I am no winner.

very true, mine was fine, got ill, lost all interest in anything intimate.....4 1/2 years of 'twiddling my thumbs' so to speak lol

Yep forgot my old friend Weed :) after a spliff one chooses not to worry so much :)

Hi, i have a few close friends and family that i can talk to but at the same time i don't want to be bothering them too much, on the days when i have nothing left on my to do list i would just sit at a nice park and start thinking about what to do with my life, how to get out of this loneliness, contemplate about what volunteer work i could join, where i can go to meet like minded people and etc. i haven't figure it out yet but the best way that i deal with it right now is to put more things on my to do list so i'm so busy i am not lonely.

There is another useful activity for people who are lonely.

Just turn on the radio..

It creates an illusion of a social group situation present with you.

Better listen to some lectures then, a lot of garbage in mainstream media today.

I spend time with my wife. The problem is now I'm spending too much time with her. I really need to make some friends.

Other than that, I watch TV, listen to music, weightlift, research cars, go to various car shows, do chores around the house, and play video games. I'm also currently reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People".

PorscheGuy said:
I spend time with my wife.  The problem is now I'm spending too much time with her.  I really need to make some friends.  

Other than that, I watch TV, listen to music, weightlift, research cars, go to various car shows, do chores around the house, and play video games.  I'm also currently reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People".

Great book. It's not the easiest read as Dr. Covey did not write for lazy readers. His thoughts and ideas are complex but worthwhile after dissecting. It's the sort of book that you can read (or read parts of) ten times and still get "paradigm shifts." ;)

I really love how he talks about the principle ethic versus the personality ethic. The fact that he is able to tie functioning back into being a good person really resonates with me to this day.

I really loved the audio book narrated by him.

I do some outdoor sports like hiking, mountain biking or snowshoeing but I should do it more often.

I read in an article that spending time in nature helps getting rid of depression.

Latest posts

Back