What are the best programs for downloading music?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorian

Reaction score
LimeWire is the best one I know of. What other programs do people like?

lol I was about to say limewire. That's what I use.

I have also used imesh but to many verses in there. I mean limewire is not great for that but better then imesh. I would not recommend anyone downloading anything with out a inti verse.

Torrents are by far the best way to get ANYTHING off the internet. Movies, tv shows, music, books, games, software, programs, anything.

I personally use:

BitTorrent (torrent program)
Mininova (torrent site)
Torrentz (torrent site)

Other less-essential sites I use:

Te Pirate Bay (torrent site)
IsoHunt (torrent site)

A great non-torrent site is Bunalti, but don't expect any pop from this site.

Yeah, I use bit torrent for all my musical needs. btw, Skorian, It downloads a torrent file which is just a list of peers in the p2p network. If you open the torrent file it should start to download all the mp3's.

Its a fantastic program, but not if you want to download individual files.
For example, I tend to download entire discography's at a time. Currently I am downloading 15GB of the Grateful Dead.
But If I wanted to download only 1 song, I would use Limewire.

^ Well, you could also select to download the album that the song is on, and then only check-in the song that you want. Anyways, good luck on listening to all that Grateful Dead.
konfus.gif

I've always used soulseek. Always gets me whatever I'm looking for, and very easy to use ^^

For heavier stuff, I use torrents

The best methods IMO are BitTorrent and 'Direct Downloading' using services like rapidshare, megaupload, ifolder etc (these are usually links found on forum or blog based sites. If you were to Google 'Mega Super Mammoth MP3 Blog List' you'd be heading in the right kind of direction for this stuff).

The quality is usually better than with Limewire, Kazza, BearShare, etc since you're more likely to be getting full rips done by pros using the best software and codecs. 'Direct Downloading' offers a great range of music, especially obscure stuff, if you know what sites to visit.

So ironically the best program is probably your web browser. :p

Idk... The one i do prefer is a site emulinha.info I download music, games and movies from there and its pretty fast. They have it in english too now.

last fm and amazon have been my top sites for music over the net
I don't do torrents or programs like limewire anymore. I would rather pay for my music, or get it radio style/Last FM style.

I also listen to Music Choice (TV) often. Sounds of the Season is great when it's doing the chill/lounge/electronica thing. I was laid out on the couch with the fan blowing on me yesterday and discovered Skye Edwards' "Feel Good" from Music Choice: Sounds of the Season. What a great song.

If anyone knows of any sites that offer straight up mp3 downloads (no programs needed) at a low cost and might have a selection comparable to or superior to Amazon's, please let us know. To me, Amazon has the best model.

I'd have to go along with Matt's cjoices except I now use uTorrent.

Very handy for grabbing TV series that I have missed like Dexter, and stuff thats not on any of my TV channels like Lost.

If you're willing to pay for it (ahem ppl :p), then itunes is actually very good. (but limewire if not ^^)

Latest posts

Back