What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am *hoping* that all this crazy goodness will be worth, wait, a priceless neverending story ...

I'm hoping I don't have to work another weekend, so that I can find a date with someone intelligent, moral, quirky and maybe, just maybe have a relationship! Why is it so hard to meet people who share your moral code and goofy sense of humor?

B.S.

I'm feeling wiped out, woke up about 5 times in the night needing to pee and I can't just ignore it and go back to sleep.
Also feeling happy, thinking about the great people on this site and the new great people coming in.
I'm hoping I can stop looking through these posts and make breakfast (that's how much y'all mean to me! :p )

And finally:
I'm remembering yesterday someone pointed out that Blacksmith here keeps signing his posts B.S. or bullshit!

I´m thinking that I should have found this thread earlier.
And I´m thinking about who I am, and I´m just sad. And I cant find something to make me better. I thought that I may chat with someone online, but unable to do that. And that makes me even more sad, as it is the confirmation of my inability to have a proper social interaction.
And I´m hoping I can keep being strong, even if I dont want to. Just have to.

Mr.YellowCat said:
And I´m thinking about who I am, and I´m just sad. And I cant find something to make me better. I thought that I may chat with someone online, but unable to do that. And that makes me even more sad, as it is the confirmation of my inability to have a proper social interaction.

chatting online is okay but it's hardly real life. Try to go out and have proper conversations with people.

Sometimes I wonder if things are ever gonna be completely OK, maybe this is just life and I'm overreacting. People go through things worse surely.

9006 said:
Sometimes I wonder if things are ever gonna be completely OK, maybe this is just life and I'm overreacting. People go through things worse surely.

I am sure they do. I think as a group of people, us lonely folk are more sensitive than others.

I think it's more to do with perspective, the best way to understand something is to experience it.

9006 said:

Doesn't mean they're coping any better than anyone else with larger or lesser problems

jzinsky said:
Doesn't mean they're coping any better than anyone else with larger or lesser problems

That's irrelevant, the fact that they're going through honeysuckle worse is almost comforting as it proves that you're not alone in your problems.

Triple Bogey said:
Mr.YellowCat said:

chatting online is okay but it's hardly real life. Try to go out and have proper conversations with people.

Thank you for replying.

What I'm dwelling on is a picture from about 3rd or 4th grade, a boating party of kids, family friends including three sisters, one of whom I facebook chat with every few days (haven't seen her in real life for 40 years). Two of the kids are dead now. That day was so happy....I was there but not in the pic.

My friend has settled for a lukewarm marriage and she dwells on the past. I've never married and I dwell on the past. Neither of us enjoys the present but we cope.

"What might have been" is a central theme of my thinking and imagining as I go about coping with my day to day responsibilities, gloomily but functionally.
What sustains me, at my age, is knowing I've lived through plenty of tougher times and I'm still here. And those two youngsters from that pic of the boating party are gone......So I'm one of the lucky ones, right?

Latest posts

Back