What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usual horrible loneliness, this is what I am feeling - I am beginning to fail to remember how it was when it was otherwise

a bit better now

If you're going to ask someone to watch your bags, kindly have an idea when you'll return. I've been here for ten minutes now, waiting on my thirst and the bags' owner...

I wonder why it is that some people cope with solitude better than others? I used to feel lonely and I had quite a few people around me. These days, I have zero friends, I have no job, I often go for many days without speaking to another human being, and yet, I feel far less lonely than I did back then.

Perhaps it's just familiarity? I've been alone for so long now that it has become normality. I've forgotten what it's like to have company on hand.

I hope those of you still struggling with solitude find some peace soon.

I'm trying to remember a time when my life wasn't filled with one responsibility after another, day after day and year after year.
Sadly, when scrolling back through the years, it seems there WASNT a time like that.
*sigh* That burden has become increasingly heavy over the years.

EveWasFramed said:
I'm trying to remember a time when my life wasn't filled with one responsibility after another, day after day and year after year.
Sadly, when scrolling back through the years, it seems there WASNT a time like that.

Don't give up, Eve. You may have relinquished your mod status, but yours is still an opinion which I respect and appreciate. I hope things will look up for you in the near future.

Minty said:
InSearchOfPeople said:
ladyforsaken said:
Mr Seal The Albatros said:
InSearchOfPeople said:
I wonder when this honeysuckle stops....thanks for your support.

It will in time. Best of luck. :)

I kinda think it never really does stop. You just gotta learn how to deal with it.. I guess..

For me it's been since my high school, when a group of girls, that were my friends, decided to stop talking to me, and then I was an outcast for the next 2 years.....then it continued at the university....then it just became a part of who I am. Someone that nobody wants.

It will stop when I die.

Perhaps there is another way to change it, but seemly I can't figure it out, otherwise I won't be here.

I will stop when you stop trying to figure it out. Just go with the flow, be positive.

I'm in the same situation but a heck of lot happier when I stopped dwelling on it.

Agree, but sometimes it's hard.

At the end of a day, everybody wants to be loved and cared for.

A good thing is also to keep looking for more people, like someone said, it's numbers game, the more you find, the more possibility to find my kind of people, that I will connect with. For that I need a constant drive and hope....

When the hope dies, everything becomes pointless.

InSearchOfPeople said:
ladyforsaken said:
InSearchOfPeople said:

I kinda think it never really does stop. You just gotta learn how to deal with it.. I guess..

For me it's been since my high school, when a group of girls, that were my friends, decided to stop talking to me, and then I was an outcast for the next 2 years.....then it continued at the university....then it just became a part of who I am. Someone that nobody wants.

It will stop when I die.

Perhaps there is another way to change it, but seemly I can't figure it out, otherwise I won't be here.

I felt much the same way. I had been pretty much an outcast all of my life. I thought I would be alone until I die. I was trying to learn to be okay with that because I was sure that would be my life.

All that changed literally just 5 months ago. I am 30 years old. I am total honeysuckle at social interactions from years of lack of social contact. But I have friends. A small core group of friends and a large group of friendly acquaintances. I get invited to parties. I go on dates.

I am not bragging at all. I am just trying to say that it can change at any point. Took 30 years for it to change for me. It could change for you all as well. You never know.

Rainbows said:
It's almost saturday! Almost time for my radio debut. I'm excited... I can't wait to put something like that on my CV.

Good luck!

Peaches said:
Wanderer145 said:
Feeling godamn ******* ill which I brought on myself by thinking too hard about being alone and depressed...

you and me both, pal…

*hugs* you both - hope you feel better soon.

EveWasFramed said:

Evey, from the things I've read on the forum of what you go through in life and what you have to put up with, I personally feel you're one of the strongest people I know who never stops fighting. It is very tiring and dumb to have to do that throughout your life, I can kinda understand that a little bit.

But when you see an opportunity for a break, no matter how little or short, it can be anything for that break - a little treat for yourself or some alone time or something, you should go for it. You deserve it and I think it's the little moments like that that kinda bring about a little relief to such a life. I certainly hope it gets less heavy for you soon. Take care. *hug*

VeganAtheist said:
InSearchOfPeople said:
ladyforsaken said:
InSearchOfPeople said:

It will stop when I die.

I felt much the same way. I had been pretty much an outcast all of my life. I thought I would be alone until I die. I was trying to learn to be okay with that because I was sure that would be my life.

All that changed literally just 5 months ago. I am 30 years old. I am total honeysuckle at social interactions from years of lack of social contact. But I have friends. A small core group of friends and a large group of friendly acquaintances. I get invited to parties. I go on dates.

I am not bragging at all. I am just trying to say that it can change at any point. Took 30 years for it to change for me. It could change for you all as well. You never know.

I am happy for you.

I hope for that change.

I have a question for you, how did it change? Did it just happen, or did you do something, like got a new job or joined a group?

I feel like I can attract a change by starting fresh, because obviously I am labeled already in the environment I am in and trying to change it inside of this environment will only drive me to insanity and more isolation.

I had just finished reading a tragic case study of a man who died of a heart attack that was most likely caused by his alcohol dependence.

I associate alcohol socially, so I would not want to join AA if I had an alcohol problem. Not to mention that AA is a religious group (I didn't know this)! I'm agnostic, so I wouldn't attend. Developing the skills to drink moderately should be the best route for ones who are non-religious and enjoy alcohol.

Lonely Satellite said:
Not to mention that AA is a religious group (I didn't know this)!

Actually, it's not. Yes, God is mentioned in some of the phrases and prayers, but you do NOT have to be religious to be in AA. You can choose a "higher power" instead of God, if you wish. I know many people that are not religious in any way that are in AA and Alanon and it has helped them tremendously.

I feel somewhat accomplished, hope that things will run smoothly, think I'll really like this new job and just remembering just how it all fell into place, was like it was meant to be.

InSearchOfPeople said:
I am happy for you.

I hope for that change.

I have a question for you, how did it change? Did it just happen, or did you do something, like got a new job or joined a group?

I feel like I can attract a change by starting fresh, because obviously I am labeled already in the environment I am in and trying to change it inside of this environment will only drive me to insanity and more isolation.

I was in a really bad place from a breakup so I kinda asked for help. I had been kinda friendly with a guy from work but we never really did anything outside of work. When I was in the bad place, I mentioned how the breakup kinda blindsided me and how I didn't want to be alone on Sundays, which for some reason were the most depressing. We started hanging out after that. I joined a sports league with him and from there, social life started to pick up.

Granted, it is nowhere near perfect. I am not a social butterfly at all. I am not even in the same species but it works pretty well for now.

Lonely Satellite said:
Is your username named after "In Search of Sunrise"?

No...It is just what I constantly do, look for more people to connect.

VeganAtheist said:
InSearchOfPeople said:
I am happy for you.

I hope for that change.

I was in a really bad place from a breakup so I kinda asked for help. I had been kinda friendly with a guy from work but we never really did anything outside of work. When I was in the bad place, I mentioned how the breakup kinda blindsided me and how I didn't want to be alone on Sundays, which for some reason were the most depressing. We started hanging out after that. I joined a sports league with him and from there, social life started to pick up.

Granted, it is nowhere near perfect. I am not a social butterfly at all. I am not even in the same species but it works pretty well for now.

What sports league? What do is your job if you don't mind me asking...I need a recipe...

Wishing the joint pain from my latest flare-up would subside a little, along with the body chills and fever...
It's hard to even type.

I wish I knew a math nerd who would accept cookies in exchange for helping me with my homework. A patient one because I get distracted easily. :D

Latest posts

Back