what are you grateful for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elaeagnus

Ok- A lot of times when I read through the posts here I get jealous of the people who have been in romantic relationships, even the ones that don't work. That's something I've never had, and I really envy everyone who has at least kissed someone at some point in their lives. But then I started thinking that some people here might feel the same way about some aspect of my life. For instance I have a good education (working on my PhD right now) and a steady income. I think I should be grateful for that, and try to remember that even though there are big things missing in my life, there are still positive aspects to it.

So I think we should all come up with a couple things that we are really grateful for or that we really appreciate having in our life. It could be a romantic partner, children, a good job, good health, a nice park right by your house, or just being able to access the internet (since many people in the world can't).

I'll start. I'm grateful for:

my cat
my education
my intelligence
my good health
this forum
50% off day-old bakery

i dont know what i am grateful for, my life is clouded with misfortune that i cant figure out whats great in my life and whats not. I know i really sound selfish (i am anyways) but i dont think i am grateful for anything.

edit: buti guess i can be grateful for the simple things i proberly dont notice in life. like having a place to live in and water to drink some food to eat nice clean clothes to wear a good education

I am very grateful that my children are healthy... I am grateful that I have a supportive loving family... I am grateful that - although the number is few - that I have supportive friends....

Thank you Elea!

I personally complain a lot and am frankly ungrateful for my lot in life.

I'm grateful for:

My caring husband giving me footrubs and backrubs
My son when he laughs and makes me laugh
My intelligence and thirst for learning
My having traveled the world and desire to keep traveling
This forum and the fun and kind people here who understand being lonely
Bjarne for making it!
Music and art expressing emotions and thoughts that we can all relate to

That is a good question. I do have plenty of things to be grateful about, but I never really think about it that way. I just complain and complain about small stuff that doesn't really matter ^^

I'm grateful for:

My education, especially my english because I'm able to communicate with people all around the world
Having a great job and making money, being able to buy whatever I want
Having two parents that care about me
My taste in music and other things ^^
Being able to travel and experience different cultures
My excellent health ^^
The internet!

I am grateful for everyday I am still able to walk this planet and take in all it's beauty, society may be rotting away our humanity and destroying our planet but a system can be broken and outlived the only thing that can stand the trial of time is life.

And that is something to be grateful for.

in no particular order:

a guardian that continues to support me despite living 1000mi away
a little brother that still thinks i'm as cool as jimmy dean
a cat that always greets me whenever i get home...sometimes he gets excited and attacks me like Hobbes from C&H, but he's my buddy, so i don't mind
my senses, especially my hearing and vision, because without those, i wouldn't be able to get lost in a book or rock out to some tunes
two working hands, that allow me to wail away on my axe with the best of 'em...well, i try...
cousins that live close to me, and are welcoming enough to put up with recurring visitations (if i choose to) and even invite me to go out (although i usually decline)
grandparents that visit my house, once a week, bearing gifts - well, toilet paper and water anyways
friends that are there for me whenever i feel like being fun and spontaneous
call me a pessimist, but for every single one of these things, there seems to be some kind of 'string(s)' attached - something unwanted - that often cancels out their appreciative qualities...don't get me wrong, i am very, very thankful for the tp from my grandparents

I'm thankful for living in a country where I have rights to education, freedom of speech, etc.
I'm thankful for having a family, even though we do not really get along.
I'm thankful for good health.
I'm thankful for my friends at school, without them I'd be extrememly lonely.
I'm thankful for my cats.
I'm thankful for the internet, msn, this forum, neopets and all the other sites I visit to entertain myself/ chat on.
And I'm thankful for my house, and everything in it, food on the table and clothes to wear.

I think thats it...

well i'm grateful for my parents, that although often don't understand me and don't really listen to me, they love me and gave me the opportunity to do so many things; i'm grateful for my intelligence; i'm grateful for my health; i'm grateful fo rINTERNET, this forum and as lonelygirl said : "Bjarne for making it!" i am also grateful to other things, but i guess we are all grateful for them, like living...

I'm grateful that winter is over.

I'm grateful for springtime, my favorite season--sometimes the air smells so sweet and fragrant...there is a light, cool breeze...warm sunshine on my skin...trees like green lace leaves and flowers bursting forth from the earth...frogs making millions of little tadpoles in the ponds...blue skies....feeling that life can be good again!

I'm very grateful to girls who are nice to me. Because there's been a certain shortage of affection in my life (starting from my mother), I have a hard time avoiding to think that I'm hated, which brings envy etc.
So every little thing they do for me, pulls me an inch back from that abyss of madness, and I'm very grateful. Who is loved, loves back.

I'm not that grateful for anything. I know I should be grateful for alot but I just don't feel as though much in my life is really worth being grateful about but I guess I'll try making a list anyways.

I'm grateful that My Mom is ok with me not having a job at the age of 17
I'm grateful that I have internet
I'm grateful that I have computer games to turn to when I'm really depressed
I'm grateful that I have a computer
I'm grateful for this site.

I guess I do have some things to be grateful for but I still don't have some of the things I want more than anything in the world: Respect, Honor, Purpose in life, Money, Success and Power.

I am grateful I have food to eat, a place to live and that I live in the United states. If you ever travel outside of world to any third world country it really helps you see how nice just having some of the basics of life are.

Grateful that my mom opened her doors to me last month.

Grateful for my friends who've been helping through this rough time.

Grateful for the organizations I work with that keep my mind off things.

Grateful for this forum and all its members.

First & foremost this life which i live with my senses with or without sensibility ( I do not know)
Beautiful Nature with all its attachments ( Though not so fond with homo sapiens)
Family & Friends
Innocency
Curiosity & understanding self

Latest posts

Back