What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't already, you need to listen to this. A new “lost” Oasis album. Except, of course, it’s fake. It's an AI Liam Gallagher doing its best “hellooooos” and “sunshiiiines” over a real band, Breezer. But the eight songs are practically indistinguishable from the real thing, with some seriously catchy melodies that give every post-What’s the Story album, not to mention the whole of Liam and Noel’s solo catalogues, a run for their money.

Blimey mate musicians are becoming an endangered species in this 'brave new world'

I just listened to the album in its entirety today.

And I have to say, it's pretty good. It definitely has that same feeling as a lot of the classic Oasis albums, like you said.

But I read about it a little bit, and I think most of it is still human-made. I think the only thing that was actually AI about it, was the Liam vocals. I think the melodies and lyrics were still made by real humans.

In fact, the band also has their own non-AI version, with the actual vocalist singing instead, which I think is a fine album in and of itself:

Breezer - The Lost Tapes

Either way, I still think that however good AI might get, I feel like people are always going to want an album that represents the thoughts and feelings of an actual person. My understanding is that AI is still just a big input-output machine, rather than something that actually thinks and feels, like we do.

Unless AI actually becomes like Data, the droids in Star Wars, or for that matter Transformers - and becoming people, in the process - I think artists will be safe, indefinitely :p

Latest posts

Back