What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube]
Because I can finally feel a breeze for the first time in days. Also because this is a great song from an amazing band.

Rutles - Cheese And Onions

Glass Family - Broken Flowers

Not only an awesome track, but also contains what is, quite possibly, the most important 6 seconds of music EVER (from 1.28).
[video=youtube]

Runciter said:
Not only an awesome track, but also contains what is, quite possibly, the most important 6 seconds of music EVER (from 1.28).
[video=youtube]

Good tune! So the drum fill at 1.28? Does sound familiar! Plus is the Ubik reference from the Philip K Dick novel? Haven't read that yet, just 'Do Androids dream of electric sleep' and man in the high castle.

Lippy_Kid said:
Good tune! So the drum fill at 1.28? Does sound familiar! Plus is the Ubik reference from the Philip K Dick novel? Haven't read that yet, just 'Do Androids dream of electric sleep' and man in the high castle.

I would +rep you 100 times right now if it were possible. Indeed, the drum fill, also known as the Amen Break should be familiar to anyone who has listened to music in the last 30 or so years.

And yes, Ubik is a reference to Dick (the author you sick bastards:rolleyes:.) I'm a big fan of his work. 'Tis a good read, much like the rest of his work!

Edit: Thought I'd add this, my first taste of the Amen Break from the 90's, takes me back to my youth living in London. Doesn't sound quite the same but rest assured that it is the sample used for the drums.
[video=youtube]

Runciter said:
I would +rep you 100 times right now if it were possible. Indeed, the drum fill, also known as the Amen Break should be familiar to anyone who has listened to music in the last 30 or so years.

And yes, Ubik is a reference to Dick (the author you sick bastards:rolleyes:.) I'm a big fan of his work. 'Tis a good read, much like the rest of his work!

Edit: Thought I'd add this, my first taste of the Amen Break from the 90's, takes me back to my youth living in London. Doesn't sound quite the same but rest assured that it is the sample used for the drums.

Cheers, yeah I can hear that, I've heard that loads in fairness!

Lippy_Kid said:
Cheers, yeah I can hear that, I've heard that loads in fairness!

Of course, if you like breakbeats in general, then I'd suggest checking out UNKLE.
[video=youtube]
This is a sweet track, it really kicks off at around 3:20 or so but its worth listening to the buildup, if not just for the surreal video.

Latest posts

Back