What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE Op Ivy.. LOVE. I started listening to them right after Rancid earlier. lol. I def know what's up .. I' saw Rancid live a few times back in the day... never Op Ivy though..sadly :cry:

I LOVE Op Ivy.. LOVE. I started listening to them right after Rancid earlier. lol. I def know what's up .. I' saw Rancid live a few times back in the day... never Op Ivy though..sadly :cry:

I remember listening to Energy for the first time and reading the lyrics and thinking, wow, I've thought all these thoughts before, it's like they're speaking to me.

And the pictures in the liner notes, of friends having fun being in a band together and how cool the whole experience looked, was one of the reasons to get me to pick up a guitar.

Unfortunately I never saw them either, but I saw Rancid twice. And "Knowledge" is one of the few songs I know how to play fairly well 😄

It's just the power chord in a few different positions, and a few individual notes for the solo - but it always blew me away that while a lot of punk songs are simple musically, they make up for it with genuine feeling. And they make you feel like you don't have to be some kind of fancy art school kid, gifted talented "chosen one", to be able to do something cool.

- but it always blew me away that while a lot of punk songs are simple musically, they make up for it with genuine feeling. And they make you feel like you don't have to be some kind of fancy art school kid, gifted talented "chosen one", to be able to do something cool.
Yes!!! after reading that my 1st thought went towards The Ramones. Their songs are ridiculously easy to play, but they are great. Simple punk. But great..

Music always had a way of uniting us when I was growing up... if I or someone else was wearing an Op Ivy shirt, we were automatically friends now. Lol. Simpler times!

Latest posts

Back