What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
Paula Deen should have had WAY more people stand up for her than she did. All these young black people - kids... say the word without a second thought, but they're not the ignorant ones right... But a 60-some year old southerner says it 20, 30 years ago - probably not even in the way people think she said it, and she's the bad one? Yeah, sure, that makes total sense... That just proves how much stupidity we have in today's society.

I completely agree with you. I haven't been following the news about her or anything but it feels extremely hypocritical of society as a whole that they're ganging up on Paula Deen because she said a word that A LOT of people say on a regular basis, it's very hypocritical. The few articles or videos I've clicked on, the people were insulting her for having diabetes and I see that as something uncalled for and hypocritical. It made me very angry because the people in the news, comedians and other people, they're NO BETTER than her when they all gang up on her and insult her for having diabetes, I felt like they were insulting people who have diabetes as a whole, talking bad about overweight people and people who have diabetes, it made me angry how hypocritical society is.

Oh my Lord, he's loud. Was he raised with a pack of wolves? Actually no... wolves are more calm than that.

echo said:
I completely agree with you. I haven't been following the news about her or anything but it feels extremely hypocritical of society as a whole that they're ganging up on Paula Deen because she said a word that A LOT of people say on a regular basis, it's very hypocritical. The few articles or videos I've clicked on, the people were insulting her for having diabetes and I see that as something uncalled for and hypocritical. It made me very angry because the people in the news, comedians and other people, they're NO BETTER than her when they all gang up on her and insult her for having diabetes, I felt like they were insulting people who have diabetes as a whole, talking bad about overweight people and people who have diabetes, it made me angry how hypocritical society is.

It is hypocritical, very much so. I completely agree. And what I know for a fact is, the same people that get so offended over someone who's white saying that word, are the same people who turn around and call their friends that. They say it without even realizing how ignorant it makes them. I grew up around quite a lot of black folk, as well as my family members, and I made sure I was the first to tell them to shut the hell up about it. People's reaction to that word is what makes it so powerful. Ignore it, and it doesn't mean a thing.

echo said:
VanillaCreme said:
Paula Deen should have had WAY more people stand up for her than she did. All these young black people - kids... say the word without a second thought, but they're not the ignorant ones right... But a 60-some year old southerner says it 20, 30 years ago - probably not even in the way people think she said it, and she's the bad one? Yeah, sure, that makes total sense... That just proves how much stupidity we have in today's society.

I have been following this, and I agree, too. Thirded.

I read her deposition, and Paula Deen didn't come across as a racist. Only someone who was from that time, who was from that part of the country, and is struggling to adjust to modern times. Her words were completely twisted out of context.

This PC nation is getting ridiculous. Are we going to start banning Stephen King novels now? How about Mark Twain? Both used the N-word in their work, but in a cultural way instead of a hateful way.

I can't pretend I know what it's like to be a minority, but people really need to get over this word. Black people use it, why can't white people use it...oh, wait, it's racist then. Why wasn't it racist when a black person said it? It's the same word.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I can't pretend I know what it's like to be a minority, but people really need to get over this word. Black people use it, why can't white people use it...oh, wait, it's racist then. Why wasn't it racist when a black person said it? It's the same word.

I'll say this one last thing about it, because I don't want any thread turned into a "Free Paula" thing... But, there are two types of people who get offended over it. People who know they're one - so they would get offended. And people who don't know any, because once you know some, believe me, you know why they're called that.

If you know you're not one, there's no need for you to be upset. Yes, I'm black, but my mom made absolutely sure that we weren't raised in any inappropriate way. She made sure we could read, that we could write, and that we were educated. That word has never offended me, and never will regardless of what race says it, because I know I'm not one.

Sometimes I think I stab innocent people... so to speak. I just wish I knew why, haha.

I am thinking 9006 should stop posting a split second before I do or I need to stop with my blue font color which takes up time. :p

*HUGS*

VanillaCreme said:
What am I thinking of? The tone of her voice when she told me they did that... It may be ridiculous now, to think back and even laugh about it, but I really got the feeling you'd much rather have a girl like that in your family, than to have your son like and be with someone of color. I never really thought that of you, even with you saying the n word around me. But that right there... That tone is a whole new level...

Also, you do know it's easier to have a clean house, right? Just saying.

Bones said:
I am thinking 9006 should stop posting a split second before I do or I need to stop with my blue font color which takes up time. :p

I think black fonts have priority, haha.

It is what I get for never welcoming new members anymore; and in fact, I sort of forgot about it and other sections of the forum like entertainment, brighten someone's day, etc until about two weeks ago.

9006 said:
Bones said:
I think black fonts have priority, haha.

Thanks, Bones. And white font would be blinding against a light blue background. I get a headache just thinking of the headache from that.

What I'm thinking now is, people shouldn't drop off a kid that's not theirs at someone's house. That's his nephew, and if he wanted to watch him, then he needs to be with y'all. I don't want my stuff broken and/or stolen because you wanted to keep your brother's child.

Speaking as someone who's designed HTML sites, yep I know what colors work and don't work. Yellow and red, for example, do not go together well.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Speaking as someone who's designed HTML sites

Haha - what other sites besides HTML do you design. Are you an actual coder or a builder??

Latest posts

Back