What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zibafu said:
As a non drinker the only issue I have with drinkers, is when they find out I am a non drinker they feel like its an obligation of theirs to try to convert me and get me to drink. Because I am missing out on something big apparently. And to a certain extent I do agree with the drinkers being "boring" sentiment, again when I get drinkers telling me I can't have fun without a drink, utter dog toss tbh, if you "need" alcohol in your hand to have fun, then yes that makes you pretty boring, if you go out and can have fun without a drink, but choose to drink then you're cool, you know its not a necessary component. I know plenty of people who drink who have hobbies, and can have a good time without the need for it, but I also know plenty of people who absolutely believe that the only way to have a good time after a week of work is to "get on it", "get wasted/smashed/hammered"

I understand you. It was a while ago that I was in your shoes. I felt that way about people in college, but then I realized that it was only the people I didn't like, it was only that I didn't like how they acted as if booze was the best thing since sliced bread. It was how alcohol was used as an item of coolness. The more you drank, the cooler you were. It seemed pretty dumb to me.

However, I do enjoy the taste of beer and mixed drinks. But I enjoy them for their own sake, not because I NEED them, nor I am trying to suck up to "the cool crowd". The same way I like juice or chocolate milk or coffee or tea. Either way I've learned to separate the actual beverages from the particular attitude I didn't care for, and now it's fine. I also think drinking is fine if it's something you do while you are doing something else, like having a beer when you are bowling, or at a game or concert or gathering, or to feel refreshed, or just to enjoy for the sake of flavor.

I'm really on the fence when it comes to alcohol. Sometimes I like to listen to some good music, hang with friends, and RAGE. Other times, I drink too much and start to get really introspective, and I just look at myself and think, what the hell am I doing with myself, with my life, is this all I can think of to do? Haven't I been here before? Of all the million billion things there are to do and see in this short life and shorter youth, why this, again?

I enjoy getting drunk but hey if you don't want to I'm cool with that! I wont think anything of it but I might be a little aware of it and want to apologise if I'm being loud or silly :p I'm generally quite a respectful and appropriate drunkard anyway.

I love my ladies ♥
Thank you for being my baby-boo's and for being my friend. ♥

(TheRealCallie, Nicolelt, JustSomeGal ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥)

HGwells said:
I love my ladies ♥

Love this!

Nicolelt said:
HGwells said:
I love my ladies ♥

Love this!

I love you too <3

TheRealCallie said:
People who drink most certainly DO have hobbies and interests. I know many people who drink. They all have hobbies and interests outside of drinking. Even the alcoholics I know have hobbies and interests outside of drinking.
And just because you drink does not mean you aren't healthy.

True, I do agree with you there.

TheRealCallie said:
My point is that to lump every person that drinks into that category is not only wrong, but insulting. Yes, SOME people can't have fun without drinking. SOME people live their lives drinking to get away from reality. SOME people who drink to excess are unhealthy. But by no means does that mean EVERY person that drinks is.

Well said. I guess I was more curious in understanding how some people find enjoyment in getting drunk.. I guess to each their own with their enjoyments. I personally enjoy just browsing apartments..... lol and I know how some people find it soooo boring.

freedom of speech, people who drink bore me. My opinion, nothing wrong with that.

GraceBlossom said:
I will be having a bottle of Budweiser with my tea tonight, it doesn't make me boring.

Awww little Elsa seems to like following me around.

I find people who drink at home very boring

Peaches said:
GraceBlossom said:
I will be having a bottle of Budweiser with my tea tonight, it doesn't make me boring.

Awww little Elsa seems to like following me around.

*in* the tea? that makes you very original indeed :)

Hehe with my tea :D

Why I always push people away? Why am I always being like this? Am I afraid of getting hurt again? Why I keep hiding my tears from everyone? How does that help me? I feel miserable.

Latest posts

Back