What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking I need to get a new bottle of this cocoa butter lotion. It's starting to smell like actual butter.

The last time I felt like this was when I was working with electricians..doing a job I was not built to do. Joint pain & general aches galore...

The difference is, I had a real future left then.

Triple Bogey said:
I met my brothers new girlfriend today.
He had sent texts saying he got on with her but didn't find her attractive.
So I was curious what she would look like.
When I saw her, there was those few seconds when I thought how unattractive she was and wondered what my brother was doing with her.
And then of course I said 'hello' and invited her in and got to know her and realized what a nice person she was. Funny, interesting and sweet.
Those 'first impressions' - don't know why I thought like that !

That's not your fault, man...Most people put far more stock in first impressions than is warranted, as you have discovered. I do that, too. If it works out for your brother, then he is fortunate indeed.

And today, I realise that I can only rely on mother, for true family. I keep forgiving and forgetting and I keep getting stomped on over and over again. That's what family is for, isn't it. I am so sad and disappointed and for one who really doesn't like to use the word "hate" on people, it actually says a lot with me using it on you, dear brother. Over time, I can probably forgive. But this time, I know I won't forget. You hurt me. And you were supposed to protect me instead, big brother.

My dear niece whom I love, taught and protected. I always thought you had my back, but clearly you don't and that hurts so deep because of all the people in that little screwed up family of yours, I always thought you would be the person who would do me proud because I thought we had a bond and got each other. I am so hurt by you, little girl. Or not so little anymore.

Dear sister, you have no bloody right to comment when you do not even take responsibility over it and I had to clean up your mess there. You never thanked me, nevermind that, but you never even acknowledged it. And you had the cheek to say what you said. You have no... right.

These people have no regard and consideration of my feelings. They are either oblivious, or choose to be oblivious to my needs and feelings. Just because I have been the rock to support this family for many years now without really breaking down in your faces doesn't mean I have no feelings. I am just.. so.. hurt and disappointed it's hard to even stop these tears from flowing out.

Ladyforsaken said:
These people have no regard and consideration of my feelings. They are either oblivious, or choose to be oblivious to my needs and feelings. Just because I have been the rock to support this family for many years now without really breaking down in your faces doesn't mean I have no feelings. I am just.. so.. hurt and disappointed it's hard to even stop these tears from flowing out.

16hkjg3.jpg

ladyforsaken said:
And today, I realise that I can only rely on mother, for true family. I keep forgiving and forgetting and I keep getting stomped on over and over again. That's what family is for, isn't it. I am so sad and disappointed and for one who really doesn't like to use the word "hate" on people, it actually says a lot with me using it on you, dear brother. Over time, I can probably forgive. But this time, I know I won't forget. You hurt me. And you were supposed to protect me instead, big brother.

My dear niece whom I love, taught and protected. I always thought you had my back, but clearly you don't and that hurts so deep because of all the people in that little screwed up family of yours, I always thought you would be the person who would do me proud because I thought we had a bond and got each other. I am so hurt by you, little girl. Or not so little anymore.

Dear sister, you have no bloody right to comment when you do not even take responsibility over it and I had to clean up your mess there. You never thanked me, nevermind that, but you never even acknowledged it. And you had the cheek to say what you said. You have no... right.

Aww, Ladyforsaken. Lots of support to you. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs* Crying helps so much, let it all out.

I have to stop feeling guilty when eating food.

Everything SEEMS ok right now, but really I feel pressure and I think others do too.

People always seem to change for the worse or not at all. Or maybe it's just me...yeah, it's just me.

MTrip said:
Triple Bogey said:
When I saw her, there was those few seconds when I thought how unattractive she was and wondered what my brother was doing with her.
And then of course I said 'hello' and invited her in and got to know her and realized what a nice person she was. Funny, interesting and sweet.

That's not your fault, man...Most people put far more stock in first impressions than is warranted, as you have discovered. I do that, too. If it works out for your brother, then he is fortunate indeed.

I'm confused as to how it's not his fault. Don't get me wrong, he's entitled to think however he wants. BUT, his thoughts and actions will always be HIS fault. He is his own person and makes his own judgments and thoughts.
Even if you mean in terms of "oh society says I should think this way, so of course I must" (in other words, being a sheep), it would still be his fault because he CHOOSES to follow the shepherd leading the other sheep.

I have a crush! on a 50 something years old ex alcoholic musician with a huge belly and nothing in common! And Facebook says he is in a relationship! AAAAAAAAAHHHHH, what am I doing!?! Ok, ok, it's over already, stupid hormones going all over the place like this, love is BLIND

TheRealCallie said:
MTrip said:
Triple Bogey said:

I'm confused as to how it's not his fault. Don't get me wrong, he's entitled to think however he wants. BUT, his thoughts and actions will always be HIS fault. He is his own person and makes his own judgments and thoughts.
Even if you mean in terms of "oh society says I should think this way, so of course I must" (in other words, being a sheep), it would still be his fault because he CHOOSES to follow the shepherd leading the other sheep.

a natural reaction that lasted a few seconds at most. And after that they had gone.

Peaches said:
I have a crush! on a 50 something years old ex alcoholic musician with a huge belly and nothing in common! And Facebook says he is in a relationship! AAAAAAAAAHHHHH, what am I doing!?! Ok, ok, it's over already, stupid hormones going all over the place like this, love is BLIND

Thanks for posting this Peaches, it put a grin on my face.

Latest posts

Back