What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shouldn't have been too open. Now it just hurts. This seems to happen every time.

badhairday said:
Hope I've done the right thing in joining this forum

Give it a chance, might just help you in ways you couldn't have imagined.

Rodent said:
Triple Bogey said:
why are scruffy beards fashionable ?

Well, on the contrary I never understood why the clean-shaven look is supposed to be more fashionable - or professional at least.
Shaving myself every day or two is way too much hassle for me...

"This is gonna end in pain and suffering."
"Condemned to repeat."
"Beyond any doubt, I was damned."

...why are exclusively pessimistic quotes popping up in my head when I consider the present situation?

I don't mind people who have beards and have had them for a long time. My Dad has a beard. It's people who just copy what the next guy is doing. People who follow the trend. Dull and boring.

Triple Bogey said:
Rodent said:
Triple Bogey said:

Well, on the contrary I never understood why the clean-shaven look is supposed to be more fashionable - or professional at least.

"Condemned to repeat."

...why are exclusively pessimistic quotes popping up in my head when I consider the present situation?

I don't mind people who have beards and have had them for a long time. My Dad has a beard. It's people who just copy what the next guy is doing. People who follow the trend. Dull and boring.

bloody hipsters

Im jealous of all the bearded guys out there, all I can manage is a goatee. In my 20's and I still have a babyface lol. One day ill grow one hell of a manly beard I tell you.

Peaches said:
Triple Bogey said:
Rodent said:
Triple Bogey said:

"Condemned to repeat."

bloody hipsters

Gotta chime in here- I'm definitely no hipster or trend follower- my facial hair is there because it suits me and it drives women absolutely crazy when used in intimate encounters.

Thinking that cream cheese is delicious on hot pancakes. With some butter syrup, this is fantastic. And that that Knockout's match was better than most matches in WWE period.

Thinking myself in circles. I feel terribly anxious about getting a job. Or at least trying to. One thing I've always just had a gut feeling about, was that I'm just not the right person to work in sales. But that's what applying is - selling yourself. The thing is, I don't believe in the product. I wouldn't recommend this degree to anyone. I am feeling like I have to trick or bluff or con people into giving me an interview. And I've never been a good liar either. I'm just not good at being bad. I'm terribly anxious that I just won't find anything and I'll be stuck in low-wage jobs the rest of my life and having anger, misery, frustration and despair being all I'll get to know in this one life. And I was a fairly decent student in school, didn't get in trouble or join gangs or anything like that. I got hung up on marijuana for a while but I only used it casually as opposed to the people who used it daily spending every last cent on it, so it's not like I was REALLY a druggie either. A lot of people were much, much worse. Besides I quit it completely 2 years ago now, and I'm not going back. But I worry that I'm just doomed to a life of misery just the same, it's something I'm almost constantly on edge about.

It gets so bad that sometimes I wish I could have just been someone else, someone who wasn't nice but a cocky showoff, someone who was interested in drinking and gambling and sports and good at math, then I could have gone into finance and not worried about money again, like the jerk clique I went to school with. Sometimes I think I should have just learned to be a jerk. Instead I was nice and therefore weak, and interested in all the wrong things because they only pay if you are extremely good. I feel like I did my whole life wrong and need to reboot but there are no second chances.

And I've got no one to talk to about my worries either. I can't talk about it to my parents because they just yell at me, so I have to keep the anxiety about the future that i have, bottled up all day every day. I just can't envision myself making money and thriving, I look in my future and I see poverty, helplessness, stuck being a victim, a loser. It angers me because I think of all the time that school has taken from me, for nothing....and then the anger cools and hardens into despair. But I don't know what I can do to actually make money and I just can't see myself as successful, which is what I long for, success, strength, happiness, peace. I feel so trapped.

Mmhm, Brian McKnight's sons have his talent of music. Oh my, I hope they make music like their dad.

I don't understand what's so cool about breaking the law. I mean, I understand it is a cultural phenomenon that it is interesting and sexy and glamorous to break the law, but in most cases, what are you really doing? Vandalizing property? Taking small things? Smoking? Why is that oh so great? I can live just fine without doing any of those. To me it just sounds like the kind of stuff one does when they have no ideas and nothing better to do.

I understand if you are driven to it out of circumstances, such as being unable to pay your taxes because if you do you'll starve, or not wanting to pay some kind of ticket because it is cruel, or needing to in order to save a life, but to break the law for mere enjoyment or to be "cool"? Maybe I'm just old, but the risk involved and the fact that the consequences are far worse than any possible reward makes it nonsensical to me. I don't even like to speed in my car because I know if I get a ticket it would really mess things up for me far more than any enjoyment I'd get from going fast. It's one of those cultural things that I think is just stupid.

Looking forward to playing Destiny on my ps4 tomorrow, should be fun. I'm curious about the coop and if it will be any good. Too bad I don't know anyone to play it with so I will end up going solo...again... playing with random people kinda sucks.

Sad for my former co-worker whose husband died of malignant melanoma this morning. They have 3 young kids including a 2 year old. I hope they will be ok. :(

SofiasMami said:
Sad for my former co-worker whose husband died of malignant melanoma this morning. They have 3 young kids including a 2 year old. I hope they will be ok. :(

My condolences. That's so sad. :(
Sending the family my warmest wishes and hope they'll be okay.

And I just realised johnny196775 deleted his account on here. :\
Hope you're well and doing okay, johnny. Wishing you the best of luck. *hug*

Current thoughts:
It wasn't what you said. How do I ever trust again..

Latest posts

Back