What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Instructor: The Clone

"It would make a good science fiction novel... for crazy people!"

Alas, the guy who only teaches Linux classes is not Linus Torvald reincarnated or a clone.

'Kooking with Korn' was fun...but equally messy.

Maybe I should've tried fish sticks instead of actual fish filets first...at least they weren't raw on the inside.

She's going to do it someday. It's not a question of if, but when. I'm so afraid of losing her, and I don't think therapy is working for her. I'll keep her alive as long as I can, but she said she might do it on Christmas. I'm so afraid. I don't even know what her address is and I'm 4 hours away from her town.
Why did this have to happen? And the day just after I considered her my best friend? :(

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
She's going to do it someday. It's not a question of if, but when. I'm so afraid of losing her, and I don't think therapy is working for her. I'll keep her alive as long as I can, but she said she might do it on Christmas. I'm so afraid. I don't even know what her address is and I'm 4 hours away from her town.
Why did this have to happen? And the day just after I considered her my best friend? :(

It isn't fair what she is doing to you. Just because she has suicidal urges/thoughts/feelings doesn't mean she has to drag your emotions through the mud. :l

VanillaCreme said:
I've taken a couple of naps, at best, in the past few days...

:/ Hope you get some sleep soon, Nilla.

I don't know how it all works in your country, but there may be a way to stop her. She may not like you for it, but she'll be alive.
Here, if you know someone is going to do that, all you have to do is call the police and tell them, they will go get her and take her for a psych eval. If they find her a threat to herself, they will hold her until she isn't.
I don't know if you want to go down that path, as she may end up hating you for it, but it's an option I think you should keep in mind.

I'm already sort of ruining keeping it a secret anyway by asking people for advice. I am anonymous here though. I have no idea what her address is, so I can't say where they should go. It also tends to swing back and forth from very happy to very depressed, so she might be feeling okay at the moment and the Christmas thing might just be a thought she has forgotten. It rarely hits the point of almost doing it, I just worry about it for a few days after it happens.

I'm mostly more or less venting right now. Thanks for the advice though.

I'm already sort of ruining keeping it a secret anyway by asking people for advice. I am anonymous here though. I have no idea what her address is, so I can't say where they should go. It also tends to swing back and forth from very happy to very depressed, so she might be feeling okay at the moment and the Christmas thing might just be a thought she has forgotten. It rarely hits the point of almost doing it, I just worry about it for a few days after it happens.

Swinging back and forth between very happy and very depressed? That sounds like bipolar disorder.

It doesn't sound like she has much emotional stability from what you're saying.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. I said I would keep it a secret and I don't want to make things worse. I'm trying to limit who I'm telling this to with people who won't tell anyone else. I'd rather not give this topic too much attention in case she notices. (My username is a name she has heard before and knows I made it) I just felt like I needed to vent about it.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. I said I would keep it a secret and I don't want to make things worse. I'm trying to limit who I'm telling this to with people who won't tell anyone else. I'd rather not give this topic too much attention in case she notices. (My username is a name she has heard before and knows I made it) I just felt like I needed to vent about it.

I don't think you did anything wrong here. That's a huge responsibility to put on one person and she shouldn't have done that to you.
As for the secret...I very very rarely break a promise to someone, once I made one, but I would break that one in a heartbeat if it would save their life. Even if they ended up hating me for it.

TheRealCallie said:

I don't think you did anything wrong here. That's a huge responsibility to put on one person and she shouldn't have done that to you.
As for the secret...I very very rarely break a promise to someone, once I made one, but I would break that one in a heartbeat if it would save their life. Even if they ended up hating me for it.

Well, yeah, I see what you mean. I meant I don't want to draw too much attention to this on a thread where everyone can see. I've started talking to people about it, but I don't want to embarrass her by throwing it something so public as this. My mistake.

TheRealCallie said:
Mail order bride? :O

Oh if that was available for ordering I would order it in an instant! :D
But such is life and there are no brides to order. Pity.

EDIT: Just so that you know, I didn't know what Mail order bride was. I just checked and wow, you learn something each day...

Latest posts

Back