What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finals are over but I still cant relax and wondering what I will do with all my time off tiil the spring semester. I'm glad I finally get to see my friends this weekend. I haven't had any real fun in awhile.

zero said:
Trying to get out of shock and feel somehow stable. I can`t believe it happened to me. Today of all days. I got robbed in public transportation. My portemonnaie with money and all my cards. All my documents, cards, can`t even remember exactly what else I had there, gone. I noticed within minutes and froze on spot when realized. This has come as such a blow for me. I thought i`d have another heart attack. I went all the way back, looked on the street, near garbage boxes, nothing. The area police station redirected me to go tomorrow morning to the central police. Everything has to be made again. That means lots of come and go`s with lots of taxes and time consuming.
I`m blocked.

So sorry to hear that, Zero. What a terrible thing to happen - especially on your birthday! :(

Well, I broke the 4.0 streak...but only because I blew off the final presentation. So glad that is over. The more time I spend at a podium, the more I want to rant like a dictator!

I need another week, or at least one entire day off work to be ready for Christmas. My doc is the only MD who is at the office for the entire day on Christmas Eve, and the ONLY provider who is there after 2 pm. This means that I'll be fielding all the calls to all the other providers as well. We'll be lucky to get out before 5:30. Then I have to shop for the last presents. On Christmas Eve. In the ievening. Ha.

Hmmm.. I'm not sure how I'm feeling.

Rodent said:
One of the biggest sins of a media designer is mixing up this - (hyphen) and this – (dash). Maybe you wonder what's the difference between those two lines. Maybe you wonder if there even is a difference...believe me, there is one. And after our teacher got buckwild repeatedly cause we continued to mess them up, I've developed an obsession with them. Now I see them getting misused all the time...everywhere.

What is the difference, Rodent?

SophiaGrace said:
ladyforsaken said:
I wish people would stop attacking my feet. It hurts. I wish people are more aware of their surroundings and people around them. I wish people would realise that in a crowded train, there is someone behind them, beside them, in front of them, very close by within their personal space, which means, I wish people would be mindful of their steps. Not to mention the arms and elbows that poke in my head and back. ******* hell people, what is wrong with you? Where is basic decency anymore?

I wish people would realise that even though the train is going to be crowded, it doesn't mean you HAVE to squeeze in and step all over others or push each other around like uncivilised people. If there is no space, there is no space. Don't force it. It makes me curse so much that I find it so unhealthy when I travel to work and back home like this. And my goddamn foot hurts, dammit. It's pretty bad this time with a blood clot on the toe that was stepped on by that heel of a high-heeled shoe. TWICE today, freaking two times I got stepped on. And the last time, it was twice as well. Dammit people.

I have not cursed so much on a train ride ever before. *sigh*

Steel toed boots are your solution? Until you get to your office? Then you switch shoes? :D

I'll try that out the next time I have a chance. Hmph!

zero said:
Trying to get out of shock and feel somehow stable. I can`t believe it happened to me. Today of all days. I got robbed in public transportation. My portemonnaie with money and all my cards. All my documents, cards, can`t even remember exactly what else I had there, gone. I noticed within minutes and froze on spot when realized. This has come as such a blow for me. I thought i`d have another heart attack. I went all the way back, looked on the street, near garbage boxes, nothing. The area police station redirected me to go tomorrow morning to the central police. Everything has to be made again. That means lots of come and go`s with lots of taxes and time consuming.
I`m blocked.

I'm so sorry, zero :(
*hugs*

I offered my company the demanded "extra assistance" but when I finally come around as planned to do my service not a single responsible person is there to give me a task. Obviously the situation is not that desperate after all and they raised hell over nothing – again. I guess it's truly just about blacklisting those who don't even show initiative for overtime. God **** those human chessgames. So be it...at least I'm home as usual and even have more time to prepare for the theoretical driving exam tomorrow.

Edit: Not so optimistic about that exam anymore...I failed at 5 of 7 test runs yet. I'm not sure if the software is written in a way to confront you exclusively with questions you messed up in previous runs. Maybe I'm just not focussed right now. Either this or I'm honeysuckle outta luck.

ladyforsaken said:
Rodent said:
One of the biggest sins of a media designer is mixing up this - (hyphen) and this – (dash). Maybe you wonder what's the difference between those two lines. Maybe you wonder if there even is a difference...believe me, there is one. And after our teacher got buckwild repeatedly cause we continued to mess them up, I've developed an obsession with them. Now I see them getting misused all the time...everywhere.

What is the difference, Rodent?

In short, the hyphen is used to seperate syllables and parts of compound words and the (en) dash is used for everything else. Enumeration, parenthesis and much more.
I'm sure people would know better how to use them if there was a button on the keyboard for it. :p

For further confusion, there's also the em dash (—)...and even I don't know where to put these yet.

Peaches said:
"when it rains, it pours"
Indeed, very much so.
Can you block your credit cards and stuff online? or is there a 24/7 line open?
yes, I did that last night with the credit cards, called the emergency line for such situations.
Today I went to the central police station, after a sleepless night; the officer was surprised I was so down. To him this is an everyday situation, for me it was a big deal. He gave me a temporary paper, tried to encourage me, then I started all the calls to report the missing cards and documents. I lost more and more hope and got home feeling worn out.
This late afternoon an acquaintance 200 km away got a call from a person saying that he found my cards and that phone number (I had forgotten there was a scrap of paper in my wallet with it). The acquaintance called my father, so I got in touch with this person. I couldn`t believe it. He found the wallet this afternoon thrown away in a strange place far from where I had gone yesterday, with all the cards in it and of course no money. He had seen how many cards I had there and my address and wanted to return them personally. Indeed he came, I wanted to offer him a reward, but he wouldn`t accept it. I broke out in tears, it was like amiracle for me. There are still honest and kind people in this world. He was glad to help me, I felt so grateful and relieved, as if a mountain had been removed off my chest. I announced again the police and made some calls.
I`m glad I recovered my cards. I feel exhausted. *phew* (This taught me a lesson I`ll remember)
I guess there is still hope for humanity. God bless this benefactor. Not anyone would`ve bothered. And I was lucky the wallet was somewhere in sight and not in a dumpster. Life`s mysterious ways.
Thank you all for the support.

^ That is really something nice you want to hear about,Zero!Not many would have bothered nowadays!
Glad to hear you got back your cards and documents!:)

Going for my walk now, today i start book two of odd thomas. Been listening to the audio version of them it helps pass the time on the two miles. Also Zero im sorry to hear about what happened,but thats really great news about the guy returning everything. Im happy for you, i know thats a great weight off your chest now.

Really feel on the outside lately, everything i do and everywhere i go. Even here amongst the lonely folks im not part of the group. Thats okay though ill just keep posting and making comments and eventually something will click. If not at least its something to do to keep my mind occupied. Anyway i better go before it gets dark.

I am pondering how much my furnace will cost to fix o_O I have a fireplace that I can use in the meantime. I just spent 1k on fixing my VW camper van, yesterday..Why do bills stack up at worst at this time of year..pouts

Seeing my friend today who is hospitalised, how lucky I am to have the ability to walk and run when I wish. I am never taking it for granted again.

shadetree said:
Really feel on the outside lately, everything i do and everywhere i go. Even here amongst the lonely folks im not part of the group. Thats okay though ill just keep posting and making comments and eventually something will click. If not at least its something to do to keep my mind occupied. Anyway i better go before it gets dark.

I enjoy your posts...

She-ra said:
Seeing my friend today who is hospitalised, how lucky I am to have the ability to walk and run when I wish. I am never taking it for granted again.

It's horrible. I couldn't walk for six months but I'm alright mostly now. At the time if I could have walked and broke that window, I'd have thrown myself out in a heartbeat.
It's not even just walking, but the lack of other things you can do for yourself - shower, use the washroom, change, go get a drink... I have some horrible memories but that was a tough time. I hope your friend has the ability to recover from what happened.

shadetree said:
Going for my walk now, today i start book two of odd thomas. Been listening to the audio version of them it helps pass the time on the two miles. Also Zero im sorry to hear about what happened,but thats really great news about the guy returning everything. Im happy for you, i know thats a great weight off your chest now.

I finished the last in the Odd series a few weeks ago. They keep getting better.
And I get you on the rest.

I wish I were home in my comfy flannel jammies right now. *sigh* but we have patients to see.
This weekend, though, I'm planning on staying in my flannels.

Latest posts

Back