What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
I know the feeling all too well. It's so much easier to keep doing the same mistakes and much harder to change things around you, even if it's for the better. Keep at it and you'll get there some day. Just don't look back and dwell, only look back if you wanna learn something from your past or remember those past memories to keep yourself in check.

Yeah, it's strange isn't it? When we do things that we know aren't good for us, that we know are guaranteed to produce negative consequences that we have experienced before.

I just made some mistakes a couple days ago and gave in to some bad habits that I thought I was done with. Things that I KNEW would make me feel like crap and that I felt that I knew better than to do and I was disappointed in myself.

I think you are right though. Especially when you say not to dwell on the bad habits. When I don't think about the habits, they don't bother me. It's only when I think about them that it becomes a problem, much like picking a scab. If I leave it alone, eventually the habit will be gone.

I also received a friend request on fb from an old classmate who had become a dentist. It was not someone I knew well, and I had no desire to become a dentist myself. But I do recognize that it is a significant achievement and it was just another reminder that I wasn't doing as well as I could and should be, another thing that made me think, "Ska Fish, what are you doing with your life????"

ladyforsaken said:
Well, you know where to look for me if you ever need a chat and some encouragement. Take care, Ska.

Thank you again for your kind words, Lady. I would like to chat sometime when I become less busy with things...it's a crazy weekend. In a good way, but still hectic. But again, don't feel the need to take up my battles too when you have battles of your own to win. I don't want to drain your energy. Keep on getting better :)

Rosebolt said:
It'll be okay.

Yes, it will.
Take care, Rosebolt.

Oh, life, why are you so difficult? Loosen up, man.

TheSkaFish said:
I just made some mistakes a couple days ago and gave in to some bad habits that I thought I was done with. Things that I KNEW would make me feel like crap and that I felt that I knew better than to do and I was disappointed in myself.
. . .
I also received a friend request on fb from an old classmate who had become a dentist. It was not someone I knew well, and I had no desire to become a dentist myself. But I do recognize that it is a significant achievement and it was just another reminder that I wasn't doing as well as I could and should be, another thing that made me think, "Ska Fish, what are you doing with your life????"

Ska, you are so hard on yourself. Please, be kind.
And yes, I know, easier said than done but it can be done.
Take care.

Solivagant said:
While messing around with the member list, I sorted it by post count, and was surprised to find that I rank #26. I'd figured there were hundreds of people who had posted more than me; at least at some point in the past.

Also, out of 21,340 members total at the time I did this, there are approximately 13,560 members with 0 posts, 18,920 members with 10 posts or less, and 20,740 members with 100 posts or less.

I'm in 19th place. Feel really proud ! :D

zibafu said:
Martial arts belt grading tomorrow... apparently I'm the only one of my grade doing it, gonna be billy no mates in front of everyone :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck! Which grade will you be at if you do the grading tomorrow?

d357d7d8fa83a87b23787bc65c6b2361.jpg

The nightshirt I'm wearing has a "Recipe For Love" on it. "Ingredients" include:

1 LB of Romance
1 Dash of Humor
3 Spoonfuls of Sugar
1 Cup of Compatibility
2 Tablespoons of Loyalty
1 Pinch of Respect
1 Cup of Hugs
3 Teaspoons of Patience
1 Lifetime of Togetherness

*serve warm with a kiss

I think I'd probably make some adjustments to that recipe, lol.

Why do I always feel like I'm wasting a day when the sun is out? Stupid summer...

TheRealCallie said:
Today shall be spent at home, avoiding the outside....stupid summer. :club:

:D
mine too... I can't wait autumn.
I hate this, I need to go out tonight but I think I will stay at home (and not melt) with my precious internet <3

Well... Weren't we productive today... No, really. No sarcasm. We fixed a few things. Fill-in grocery shopping done. Computers all clean and dusted out. It's still noon, too. We did good.

Rodent said:
Should've handled my groceries with eggstreme caution.

That's a good one. Last week, I thought I cracked a few eggs bringing them in. Had the bag around my wrist, along with about 17 other bags, and I also put a soda can and a soda bottle in the bag with the eggs. And then on the way up the front steps, I kind of knocked the bag around on the railing. All was good when I checked them though. Must be some tough nuts to crack.

VanillaCreme said:
Rodent said:
Should've handled my groceries with eggstreme caution.

That's a good one. Last week, I thought I cracked a few eggs bringing them in. Had the bag around my wrist, along with about 17 other bags, and I also put a soda can and a soda bottle in the bag with the eggs. And then on the way up the front steps, I kind of knocked the bag around on the railing. All was good when I checked them though. Must be some tough nuts to crack.

Strangely enough I didn't even trip or knock anything around much, but I had put the egg carton right next to some sauce jars in my bag. In hindsight, an absolute genius move...not. Well, only one of the ten eggs broke, so I'll check it off as collateral damage.

Wonder if I missed the opportunity to make another cheap pun here...

So did my grading, pretty sure I passed, will find out next week.

As usual I felt like my sparring quality was bad, plus the instructor who was refereeing, doesn't seem to know the rules we spar under, since every grading he seems to say slightly different rules.

Rules for us are standup only, but light controlled contact, nothing hitting the face but light hits to the sides of the head fine, no sweeping/takedowns, above knee level strikes only.

Cue me getting 2 full force punches to the face followed by an accidental elbow, which he somehow doesn't notice. Then in my next round I got tagged in illegal places a few times. I'm not afraid of getting hit but rules is rules.

Plus he seemed to think we were allowed to sweep and take - down at our level.. on a solid wooden floor with no matting...

This kind of stuff irritates me, but on a positive the guy who accidentally elbowed me took a couple of kicks from me to the head, which he didn't like one bit :p

zibafu said:
Currently at 5th going for 4th - it counts down from 10 to 1

Just out of interest, how long did it take you to get to *hopefully* 4th dan? Which martial art is it by the way?

zibafu said:
So did my grading, pretty sure I passed, will find out next week.
As usual I felt like my sparring quality was bad, plus the instructor who was refereeing, doesn't seem to know the rules we spar under, since every grading he seems to say slightly different rules.

You'll pass, but good luck again just in case. How is he allowed to referee if that's what he does not once but repeatedly?

Latest posts

Back