What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeyondShy said:
BreakingtheGirl said:
Christmas was alright. I hated the 1st 5 hours, but it was okay after. ****, my younger cousins really make me want to slap the F* out of them. Then slap their **** phones out of their hands.

I hate those phones with a passion. I see people around here walking around doing nothing but staring at their left hand because that is where they have their phone.

Yes, I agree! This generation is a sh*t generation when it comes to face-to-face socializing & real communication. The phones are dragging adults into it too. I've only known 3 people that can actually put their phones away to have face-to-face conversations, not checking their phones every few mins, etc. Two of those people are my grandparents lol ;)

BreakingtheGirl said:
Yes, I agree! This generation is a sh*t generation when it comes to face-to-face socializing & real communication. The phones are dragging adults into it too. I've only known 3 people that can actually put their phones away to have face-to-face conversations, not checking their phones every few mins, etc. Two of those people are my grandparents lol ;)

Some people even get pissed at me for not checking my phone during such social situations. I mean I tend to forget about my phone when I'm around people and especially if they're talking to me but apparently, some people think I'm supposed to be watching my phone 24/7. I get it if it's an emergency and I would know because then my phone wouldn't stop buzzing if it was, but... it wasn't. :rolleyes:

No, I'm not doing that anymore. Whenever you go out of your way to do something for someone which is strictly out of the ordinary - reinforcing their faith in humanity or whatever - you're likely just postponing the inevitable. On top of that, you'll end up in situations with no easy way out. But there's only one truth to be found in all these offered straws: There won't be happy endings for everyone. Which is fine, all you have to do is accept it. Doesn't mean you should stop working in the direction of it. Just don't get deluded by those who tell you there is one as if it was the manufacturer's warranty for your new microwave.

On a another note: Get a load of these special snowflakes...bah. I'm glad I had a good teacher that changed my way of thinking when it comes down to this.

ladyforsaken said:
BreakingtheGirl said:

Some people even get pissed at me for not checking my phone during such social situations. I mean I tend to forget about my phone when I'm around people and especially if they're talking to me but apparently, some people think I'm supposed to be watching my phone 24/7. I get it if it's an emergency and I would know because then my phone wouldn't stop buzzing if it was, but... it wasn't. :rolleyes:

Lol some people! Some just assume that everyone is attached to their phones I guess or don't understand that you are busy or have manners to not be on your phone when interacting in the presence of others. I'd guess others would do the same to me if I had anyone calling or texting me hehe :p

BreakingtheGirl said:
ladyforsaken said:
BreakingtheGirl said:

Lol some people! Some just assume that everyone is attached to their phones I guess or don't understand that you are busy or have manners to not be on your phone when interacting in the presence of others. I'd guess others would do the same to me if I had anyone calling or texting me hehe :p

Ouch.. I spent Christmas on my phone lol guess I'm also at fault too :p
But yes, I agree that some people stay on phone way too much and often neglect social situations.

I can't eat right now. But I'm so hungry. But ****. I have to finish this and get it over with. Two left. Hurry UP.

I think it was sweet that the first person he thought of telling was me when it happened. I feel like a mother hen to those ducklings. That analogy's a little wonky. But I do wonder if I make any difference to them. I listen and try to comfort them as much as I am able from three thousand miles away. I hope it makes a difference, however small.

Wayfarer said:
BreakingtheGirl said:
ladyforsaken said:
BreakingtheGirl said:

Ouch.. I spent Christmas on my phone lol guess I'm also at fault too :p
But yes, I agree that some people stay on phone way too much and often neglect social situations.

Lol aw no Wayfarer, I'm talking about young female narcissists, also known as my younger cousins :/. Would not take pics with family because they wouldn't have control of what angles they look good in, all sat together (a few times moved to other rooms in the house away from everyone) on their phones but didn't even interact w each other, playing loud YouTube videos while the family were watching others opening gifts, opened presents then barely uttered thank yous while still on their phones, just had bratty attitudes & much more.

It's different if people are shy or wanting to avoid people/situations due to anxiety or just not feeling comfortable, but I'm talking about people who think the internet & texting is what makes the world go round.. and that everyone they text or call must respond ASAP. As if everyone is just sitting around waiting to respond to every text & call they get.
I'm always on my phone cus I'm alway alone lol. When family or even one person (mom) is around, I forget my phone & like talking, catching up on their lives since mine has been at a complete standstill.

What an unexpected, helpful surprise that was. I don't think they have any idea how much that will help me.

SlayGuy138 said:
Christmas was pretty good. Lots of good food and gifts, plus time with family members (the ones who actually want me around). No snow this year; haven't had any all winter which is surprising, especially considering the part of the country I'm in. I'm beginning to think that either it's going to be a really mild winter or Mother Nature is saving up to wallop us hard in the next couple of days.

I was just thinking about you & wondering why you haven't posted. But you have, I just missed the post lol
I'm glad that your Christmas went well & you enjoyed yourself :0)

I hope you realize that texting an apology doesn't make up for you ignoring them. You had two days with them, and chose to sleep and ignore them every time they spoke to you. And if you think I will ever allow them to stay at your "home" where you allow every fucktard to stay, you are mistaken. You don't deserve them. And they certainly are too good to be stuck with you.

It's over, it's done with. I should be breathing a sigh of relief. But this is still bothering me. It was not fair at all. It doesn't matter now but I still feel slightly cheating about this. I need to let it go and concentrate on what's coming.

Latest posts

Back