What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9006 said:
Amelia said:
9006 said:
I'm seriously debating weather to drive for an hour just to take photos of a lighthouse... maybe get a sunset.

Did you end up taking those photos? 

Yeah, I made the effort. It was just an old one, though

It's beautiful! Maybe you should start a photography thread like the one annik had here :)

Richard_39Why can't I just fill in the forms at your offices and prove to you I'm billingual? 

Sorry about the trouble you're going through :(. But what other language do you speak? :)

LOL French and English. My mother tongue is french.

Only real reason you understand me right now is a childhood habit of watching G.I. Joe and Transformers. I got a slight french accent when I speak english, but only noticeable to the delicate ear.

Hell, I could show them this website and it would mark my point. I hate the corporate world of tests, forms and blah blah blah...

Whoa Richard, I thought you were a native English speaker! And I teach English! So in yo face paperwork!

Amelia said:
Whoa Richard, I thought you were a native English speaker! And I teach English! So in yo face paperwork!

LOL Want to know the funny part? School didn't help that much. I really learned english watching cartoons when I was a kid ;-)
Reading books too. When I was 8 or 9 I was reading Ian Fleming novels. My friends were still learning to add and substract lol.
But I wanted to. I was always convinced will was everything in life. That if I wanted to I could lift a mountain and throw it in space.
But you know, everything is about diplomas, fancy schmancy degrees and how much money you're worth on paper nowadays. Employers have kind of become like dating website; artificial and attracted to exterior appearance. Not many read the text ;-)

"As an Australian, I don't speak English. Big Grin"

That's what makes Loaded a priceless man, he makes a slightly discouraged and depressive man smile in the morning ;-)

It's weird how mch I have to self-translate to international English before I post here. Otherwise, it could be ugly.

LOL I relate. To a French man from France, I'm the equivalent of an Aussie to the American or Englishman. I speak my own french they'll be scratching their heads and wondering what the bloody hell I'm on about.
Makes us charming and unique, I like to believe ;-)

The example I normally use is:

I piled into the ute with Shazza and Dazza, coz we were going to score some durries. But saw the rozzers up ahead, and we had baldies, so chucked a U-ey outside Macca's and fanged it. Stopped by the bottlo and grabbed some tallies."

TheLoadedDog said:

I piled into the ute with Shazza and Dazza, coz we were going to score some durries.  But saw the rozzers up ahead, and we had baldies, so chucked a U-ey outside Macca's and fanged it.  Stopped by the bottlo and grabbed some tallies."

:D  I get you. You know you're awesome when you feed it to google translate and it goes "WTF? Error, cannot read disk" ;-)
"J't'aller au dep avec Pierre pis Bob pis quand on est arrivés, y'avait un criss de chieux qui faisait bretter tout le monde avec ses criss de grateux" does the same lol

Heh. Dear old Google Translate. F**ked as ever. :)

For those playing along at home:

"I piled into the ute with Shazza and Dazza, coz we were going to score some durries. But saw the rozzers up ahead, and we had baldies, so chucked a U-ey outside Macca's and fanged it. Stopped by the bottlo and grabbed some tallies."

I got into the pick up truck with Sharon and Darren, because we were going to buy some cigarettes. But we saw the police up ahead, and we had bald tires, so we performed a U-turn outside McDonald's and accelerated hard out of there. We stopped by the liquor store and bought some large bottles of beer."

I like Richard's French translation better, though.

Ya kiddin' ... All the times I've seen the UPS truck in the past two weeks, and the day I wanna see it, it's getting later and later. What can brown do for me? Be earlier than this. I wanna see if my honeysuckle fits.

Amelia said:
9006 said:
Amelia said:
9006 said:
I'm seriously debating weather to drive for an hour just to take photos of a lighthouse... maybe get a sunset.

Did you end up taking those photos? 

Yeah, I made the effort. It was just an old one, though

It's beautiful! Maybe you should start a photography thread like the one annik had here :)

I did, I used to upload random pictures I had taken, but it was just pictures off my phone. I took it more seriously last year and bought a proper camera. I upload them to my Instagram mainly.

TheLoadedDog said:

I piled into the ute with Shazza and Dazza, coz we were going to score some durries.  But saw the rozzers up ahead, and we had baldies, so chucked a U-ey outside Macca's and fanged it.  Stopped by the bottlo and grabbed some tallies."

I recognized ute and Bottle-o thanks to V8 Supercars.

How are there still people out there who have not heard of blue waffles? lol

(If you are squeamish or are easily offended, I wouldn't google that)

TheRealCallie said:

Can't be as bad as what came to mind after reading this.

Edit: It was nothing like I was thinking. Made worse by clicking on a link with some really detailed pictures.

9006 said:
TheRealCallie said:

Edit: It was nothing like I was thinking. Made worse by clicking on a link with some really detailed pictures.

Last time I listen to Callie and investigate when I'm sitting at work in a Law office.
Luckily, no one came by
;-)

Richard_39 said:
9006 said:
TheRealCallie said:

Last time I listen to Callie and investigate when I'm sitting at work in a Law office.
Luckily, no one came by
;-)

The squeamish part of my post should have tipped you both off. Lol

TheRealCallie said:
Richard_39 said:
9006 said:
TheRealCallie said:

Luckily, no one came by
;-)

The squeamish part of my post should have tipped you both off. Lol

I'm effing ill... but I'm also inquisitive. I don't like you anymore. :p

Latest posts

Back