What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am attending a potluck on Tuesday. I am taking a ham and dill rotini salad, and juice boxes for the kids attending. I am excited.

I have had several great conversations lately.

I am grateful for life. And now, I officially cannot die until I see the next Avengers movie.

[POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT] The obvious cues of Captain America's fate and just knowing how he is, greatly.... it's coming. He knows it's coming. Seeing him look at that photo of Peggy again, knowing why, and the fact that he 'still' has it.... just made my depression even worse. fresia you, Marvel lol.

Ironic.
My grandfather is or artificial respiration, might not make it out this time even if he's practically the Quebec equivalent of Terry Funk, but I've been so emotionnally emptied these last few years its hard to feel much. Sadness, sure, but at 89 its not like it comes as a huge shock. Even if he does make it, probably wont come back entirely. Sad. Makes me worried about my own state of mind too. I feel I should feel more.

Richard_39 said:
Ironic.
My grandfather is or artificial respiration, might not make it out this time even if he's practically the Quebec equivalent of Terry Funk, but I've been so emotionnally emptied these last few years its hard to feel much. Sadness, sure, but at 89 its not like it comes as a huge shock. Even if he does make it, probably wont come back entirely. Sad. Makes me worried about my own state of mind too. I feel I should feel more.

Sorry to hear that, I hope he recovers soon. I like that you're still self-aware, my grandfather passed away when i was a kid so I have no much memories of him. I rmember his warm face though. I'm sure memories shared with you and grandfather will live on, even when he makes it at least you still make the best of it in in the time being.. Wow, 89 is a full advanced age, it's really awesome and great your grandfather made it even so. Let's hope we also live to that age and beyond!! :shy:

Serenity1 said:
Richard_39 said:
Ironic.

Sorry to hear that, I hope he recovers soon. I like that you're still self-aware, my grandfather passed away when i was a kid so I have no much memories of him. I rmember his warm face though. I'm sure memories shared with you and grandfather will live on, even when he makes it at least you still make the best of it in in the time being.. Wow, 89 is a full advanced age, it's really awesome and great your grandfather made it even so. Let's hope we also live to that age and beyond!! :shy:

Thanks for that. But sadly, he will not recover. Learned earlier the AVC he had destroyed three quarters of his brain cells. My father and his brothers and sisters are right now at the hospital for what is likely his last moments. But yes, I'll always have the warmest of memories of him. He was among the best of men.

I'm glad that you went peacefully, surrounded by family. I am grateful to my aunt, who kept care of you after Grandma died. You've had many trials in your life over these last few years.

I didn't know you well...Hell, I haven't seen you since I was 6. My last memory of you, was when you brought me that ice cream after my parents refused to allow me to have it. You were responsible for my love of nintendo and timbits. And the thought you're gone forever really sucks.

The remainder of my extended family is in my thoughts today. Most of all, I wish my mom strength.

RIP Grandpa.

(((AmyTheTemperamental))) Sorry to read your sad news

Mine's the same. Just heard my dear Uncle Dave died. He was a larger than life personality who lived life to the full. Funny, generous and oh so daring and adventurous. He could have died many times due to accidents in his life but the big C finally took him. He fought that for 15 years though, amazed doctors who told us many times he wouldn't survive, but he wasn't going to let something like that beat him. Hope they've got a great big motorbike waiting for you so you can carry on enjoying yourself Unc. Planet Earth is a lot less exciting now you're gone.

Sometimes it sucks to have been adopted by white people, they’re totally supportive but often don’t understand the spiritual aspect of my culture.

Latest posts

Back