What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaetic said:
Cucuboth said:
Just thinking that I feel so invisible. I know maybe someone will say that they see me ... but I also know that they only “see” this, because I have written it. Nobody actually sees me. Physically and emotionally.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
And yes I only see this because you've written it, but isn't that the way it works? How can anyone know you (see you) unless you put yourself out there to be seen/known.

I'm not saying that this is how it is for you. Just stating my own feelings, I guess. Sometimes we make ourselves invisible in this way, staying closed off and avoiding people. There's a certain amount of comfort in it. We feel like we're protecting ourselves, but we only end up feeling more alone, because we aren't giving anyone else an opportunity to care about us. We feel overlooked, and left out... But how much of that is our own doing?

Yeah, we can put ourselves “out there”, but it also gets to a point when we realise that still nobody sees you, no matter what or where it is, online or off, if it is a hobby or interest group, a class, work, volunteering. Whatever. I’m quite open to giving someone a chance to get to know me .... just haven’t found anyone who has ever really wanted to.

Imagine a world where having empathy, or even just being nice to someone is such a ******* problem.

No matter what i will always be more comfortable around animals than people no matter how hard i try.😔

On days like today, I just can't help but feel like a failure and a loser. Back to bed then, see if I can make tomorrow get here sooner.

That pretty much most of my contact with others is limited to scammers and spam, and always someone trying to sell something or send me to some website that just wants money.

I can go for days and days, weeks, months even with nobody at work actually speaking to me. And even when they have, it is never friendly or social.

Yes, I go out. Yes I have hobbies and interests. But any avenue for social contact through them is always a dead end.

It feels so, so dehumanising. That is the only way I can describe it now.

What was that little gem of advice my neighbour at my former house gave me....... twenty years ago..... four days before he had a big bust up with a neighbour in the street, "Games you should really get to know your neighbours".Well I'm getting a bit friendly with mine now saving her money e.t.c on a boundary complication and guess what her mate is gettin weird and confrontational....well you can fug off with that advice  :club:

Probably thinking too much.

That tomorrow will be yet another birthday alone. Yes, I know I can take myself to lunch or dinner, or go and buy myself something .... but I can also do those things at any time of the year, so, they are hardly special.

Some people like their birthdays alone. Or like the day to pass unnoticed. I would like to actually share my birthday with someone, and have it be a day I can remember with fondness at least. For once.

But wanting that doesn’t make there be anyone who wants to be here ....

Cucuboth said:

That tomorrow will be yet another birthday alone. Yes, I know I can take myself to lunch or dinner, or go and buy myself something .... but I can also do those things at any time of the year, so, they are hardly special.

Some people like their birthdays alone. Or like the day to pass unnoticed. I would like to actually share my birthday with someone, and have it be a day I can remember with fondness at least. For once.

I'm sorry, I can relate. I hope the day goes better than you expect. 

Happy birthday in advance? 🎂

kaetic said:
Cucuboth said:

I'm sorry, I can relate. I hope the day goes better than you expect. 

Happy birthday in advance? 🎂

Thanks. 

It didn’t go better than expected though. 

Worse than expected. So. Yeah.

I am so annoyed with my dad at the moment. I love him to bits but he is main cause of my mental health problems and I hate him for it.
When I was 12, my best friend decided stop being my friend one day and I was so upset. I didn't understand why so I avoided her for few years. We start talking again slowly via mutual friend at 16, it was awkward at first and after a while we became close friends again. We drift apart last few years but still friends.
Anyway, I found out from my mum that my dad threatened my bff at 12 and told her we cant be friends etc just because he did not like her and her family. My dad never liked most of my friends, my mums friends and my brothers friends. He always hated when friends and family coming to our house.
I used to look up to him, now all I could see pathetic sad selfish man.

I wish I wasn't so tied down. I know. My own fault. Working on it. Life tends to steer you to where your projections don't count, so you get stuck will all the baggage that was working toward your other life. New life ahead. What should I take?

I'm really glad I dumped half my work .New customers coming in ,friendly too..... wish I'd taken the plunge years ago,change for me is definitely the spice of life. Work is my backbone it effects my moods, really excited about new opportunities,locations I'm working at now.

Cucuboth said:

Oh snap. Yesterday was my birthday. I spent the day alone as usual. 

It’s weird how googling “loneliness” turns up loads of advice for people who *feel* alone but nothing at all for people who actually *are* alone.

Anyway... I won’t say “happy” birthday. How about “congratulations for going around the sun again” 😃

Amazing how good coffee tastes after two weeks of tea.

Yea well s'pose better than stressing about bog rolls , seven left ...sold out everywhere and eight bums on my toilets at any one time.Jesus what if trouble runs out of luxury ones I gotta find some or I've failed as a man.Kid panic stricken sais' what will I have to use a sponge'!!

I know what I'm thinking I need more work ...down the agency's I s'pose :D

Latest posts

Back